PDA

View Full Version : Something invading FSX memory space?

Paul Anderson
August 25th, 2013, 14:05
A few weeks ago I bought FTXG and was out flying different haunts to check changes.
One flight from Snohomish heading north east I thought, what a lot of trees!
Then FPS dropped to about half, then spiking occurred, then FPS dropped about another half.
I tried to take a V shot, but a window popped up say it could not perform requested function.
I had to beat FSX to death with task manager to get out of program.
I checked cpu and gpu temps, were in 70 to 80 C range, usually in 40 to 50 range on exit settling back down to mid 30's after.
Have checked temps several times daily since, normal temps (was a cooler day than usual when problem occurred).
Reflown route with same plane, no extra tree carpeting, no problems.
Run Accufeel, FSUIPC (free), NVINSPECTOR, SceneryTech landclass.
Just can't account for this 1 time anomaly, no dust on fans, cpu, gpu, etc.

(btw, just noticed another plethora of trees extended way out elsewhere, not dense but no adverse affects)

Just curious and don't think it's FTXG.

P38man
August 25th, 2013, 18:05
A few weeks ago I bought FTXG and was out flying different haunts to check changes.
One flight from Snohomish heading north east I thought, what a lot of trees!
Then FPS dropped to about half, then spiking occurred, then FPS dropped about another half.
I tried to take a V shot, but a window popped up say it could not perform requested function.
I had to beat FSX to death with task manager to get out of program.
I checked cpu and gpu temps, were in 70 to 80 C range, usually in 40 to 50 range on exit settling back down to mid 30's after.
Have checked temps several times daily since, normal temps (was a cooler day than usual when problem occurred).
Reflown route with same plane, no extra tree carpeting, no problems.
Run Accufeel, FSUIPC (free), NVINSPECTOR, SceneryTech landclass.
Just can't account for this 1 time anomaly, no dust on fans, cpu, gpu, etc.

(btw, just noticed another plethora of trees extended way out elsewhere, not dense but no adverse affects)

Just curious and don't think it's FTXG.

Sounds like you are simply out of memory?

I would try the tweaks for the autogen here at point 8 if using any Orbx scenery:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?59416-My-links-guide-to-setting-up-FSX-11-July-2012

JIMJAM
August 25th, 2013, 19:16
FSX can be like that especially with alot of addons.I have had anoying issues like that that pop up and are hard to trace.In my case disabling Norton antivirus and any other programs that run in the background solved mine.In your case if it only does it in that area then you have a good idea its the scenery.Sometimes when FSX starts running crappy I have rebooted and its runs great again.I know if I have been running alot of other programs,surfing the net ect and run FSX it runs worse than if its a fresh reboot.I also cnt alt delete and bump up its priority along Trackir. I recently bought "dangerous airports" from Aerosoft.Is got a runway in the mountains "mountain air" and also has alot of trees.In the area I get a smooth steady locked 30fps.However as soon as I turn towards the field my fps dives to 10 making it unusable.I can run Orbx 20-30 consistantly but this basic strip with no ai brings mine to a crawl.