PDA

View Full Version : Cfs 4 ?

valkbro
October 5th, 2008, 02:00
I was wondering if Microsoft has any interest in a CFS 4 ? Do they maintain any contact or interest in the CFS 3 community that could lead to a CFS 4 effort ? Is it the case that our numbers just do not justify the investment ?

humbles
October 5th, 2008, 02:33
Interesting thoughts .Tell me what would you like to see in CFS4 .
This question has been asked many times before.As for links to those who play CFS3.Things have moved on ,however I am sure it would be interesting to hear what you would like to see if CFS4 ever did come into production

NachtPiloten
October 5th, 2008, 03:49
Well it does exist somewhere in Seattle on a tape or hard drive. We will never see it however.:censored:

MOG Martinse
October 5th, 2008, 17:06
it would be great if they made cfs4 but i dont think it's gonna happen.

but if they did i would like to see it more user friendly in multiplayer like il2 is.

middle
October 5th, 2008, 17:23
As NachtPiloten already said it's been almost made by MS but never released and there are a select few who have actually seen some of it.
Woulda been nice, for sure, but we're workin real hard on making what we have as good as it can be.

pachi
October 5th, 2008, 20:24
who needs cfs4 when you got ETO Expansion :d

valkbro
October 6th, 2008, 00:04
The way I measure the fun jolt I get from CFS 3 is to imagine having this game when I was 8 years old in 1955. That 8 year old is very much alive within me. There would have been no reason to grow up because everything that I could (then) imagine would have been in the game. I am very grateful to this community (including Microsoft) for doing ALL the work for my fun. There is very little lacking and much to be praised in my CFS 3 play . Although 2 attempts to get MAW installed failed I understand many of you are very happy with it, Bon Voyage ! Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou !

Pat Pattle
October 6th, 2008, 00:19
The way I measure the fun jolt I get from CFS 3 is to imagine having this game when I was 8 years old in 1955. That 8 year old is very much alive within me. There would have been no reason to grow up because everything that I could (then) imagine would have been in the game. I am very grateful to this community (including Microsoft) for doing ALL the work for my fun. There is very little lacking and much to be praised in my CFS 3 play .

Nicely said and very true of all of us I think. :)

We have cfs4 by the way, it's called ETOMAWPTOOFF :d

cristiano103
October 6th, 2008, 09:15
It's surely true that we already have something like CFS4 would be when we have MAW, PTO, OFF, ETO, KTCS and so on installed on our PC but it's also true that (like MOG Martinse point out) that a better playability of the game on line would be very very appreciated.

Cheers :ernae: and have always good flying

NachtPiloten
October 7th, 2008, 03:36
The add ons and improvements made to CFS3 are nothing short of amazing. That being said CFS4 would have fixed many of the short comings in CFS3. We would have had the same navigation features as CFS2, guided rockets, full multi-engine management and damage, improved missions, and other enhancements. It is a shame that this beta package (understand that is was ready to be released) is sitting somewhere doing nothing. Yes , the engine is old, and the technology far from the newest, but the game would have been so far adhead of what we have in terms of realism and playability. Rumour had it that 400k would be enough to purchase the rights to the game and then you would own it to market it as you needed to. Alas, we have failed in our quest to persaude MS to sell the game, which if it (CFS4) did all it was supposed to do, this forum would be thriving more than it tis today.:ernae:

greycap.raf
October 7th, 2008, 05:43
Four hundred thousand dollars? That's not even much... somebody tell me the correct lottery numbers, do the talking to get the rights and we'll have it.

lewis11777
October 11th, 2008, 00:39
Maybe we can pass the hat, and have a few on line bingo games. I'm sure we could raise the 400k.

NachtPiloten
October 11th, 2008, 05:37
I am sure with a 1000 interested folks, 400 bucks is not too much:isadizzy:.

Joshmayer
October 11th, 2008, 06:24
I think the best name is: CFS X

And he will have planes of all wars!

polecat0942
October 11th, 2008, 08:47
Before we go around dreaming. Is this a fact that it can be purchased for 400k? If we can get some proof of that then maybe we can look into raising the money as a community otherwise lets drop a subject that can only lead to frustration like what happened when we tried to get microsoft to give us the code to unlock server play.

Just my 2 cents,

John

ronnybengt
October 11th, 2008, 09:47
..a dream comming true....and a new wayof owning stuff...a new business model??? NObel PRize here we come...I am in....

and HQ will be in sweden,,,lower corporate taxes here....

THATS way of topic LOL

R

ndicki
October 11th, 2008, 10:01
Call me a spoilsport, but in a way, I'm glad that CFS4 hasn't happened. I spent lots of time tweaking CFS. It was far better than the stock game - I had all the mods, all the stuff. Then a friend gave me CFS2. And it started again. Multiple installs, mods, add-ons, new skins, and so on. Then I got CFS3. The first one where I actively paid back some of the debt. My own skins, Battle of France, Med Air War, ETO, West '40, all the other odds and ends I've uploaded here and at Reg's... One hell of a lot of work, and compared to some, I don't do that much. But one hell of a lot of my time, and the time of other modders with whom we've worked, and still work.

And the day CFS4 comes out, it all goes straight down the drain, and we start again.

I've done that too often to want to, but know that even if I hold out for one year or two years, you've got the bug or you haven't got the bug. So I'd end up buying it, and just the way we all do, I'd wonder, "Why isn't there a...?" and start thinking about how to get one. The thin end of the wedge.

No, I want to play with CFS3 a bit. I've had it for five years, and never really played with it at all. After all that work, it might be nice to try, before someone puts me on the treadmill again.

hairyspin
October 11th, 2008, 11:23
Then I got CFS3. The first one where I actively paid back some of the debt. My own skins, Battle of France, Med Air War, ETO, West '40, all the other odds and ends I've uploaded here and at Reg's... ...And the day CFS4 comes out, it all goes straight down the drain, and we start again....

...No, I want to play with CFS3 a bit. I've had it for five years, and never really played with it at all. After all that work, it might be nice to try, before someone puts me on the treadmill again.

That made me smile, like a BC (Before Crash) post by viso where he said he got more fun out of modding than actually playing with CFS3. I don't know if I'll ever finish a model and get it into CFS3, but trying doesn't half keep the leetle grey cells busy.

Perhaps when I get a better rig next spring I'll start flying the sim more seriously again. :cost1:

NachtPiloten
October 11th, 2008, 11:39
It is my understanding that all the files used in CFS3 were to be used in CFS4. But. alas I think we are dreaming. But what a fine dream....:ernae:

My model to fly ratio is 100 to 1. I love making the planes. Someday I'll fly but ....