PDA

View Full Version : With the risk of sounding like an idiot... ;)

Danoman812
August 23rd, 2013, 16:38
How on Win7 do I find my IP address...?
My son and I have exact copies of CFS3 and was wanting to play some LAN between each other... also, we were wanting to learn how to host games through this and get flying with everyone.

Thanks,
Danoman...

grizzly50
August 23rd, 2013, 17:05
How on Win7 do I find my IP address...?
My son and I have exact copies of CFS3 and was wanting to play some LAN between each other... also, we were wanting to learn how to host games through this and get flying with everyone.

Thanks,
Danoman...

Danoman812,

Best way I know of finding your IP addy external IP Address going out to the internet, is to Google this question: What's my IP?

...or simply: www.whatismyip.com (http://www.whatismyip.com)

To find out your local IP address open up a command prompt and type:
"ipconfig" or type "ipconfig /all" without the quotes to get more detailed network information.

1. Click Start, and then select All Programs (Windows 7, Vista, and XP) or Programs (2000).

2. Click Accessories, and then Command Prompt.

3. At the command prompt, enter: ipconfig

The IP address (or IPv4 address, if you are using Windows 7 or Vista) will be a series of numbers following the pattern xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (i.e., 156.56.27.32).

Note: If you are using PPP with a modem at home, your IP address will change each time you log in.

or

Windows 7, without using the command prompt

1. In the system tray, click the network connection icon and select Open Network and Sharing Center.

2. To view the IP address of a wired connection, click Local Area Connection.

To view the IP address of a wireless adapter, click Wireless Network Connection (Network Name).
3. Click Details... . Your IP address will appear next to "IPv4 Address".

Now, to play CFS3 online, go to www.sim-outhouse.net (http://www.sim-outhouse.net) and register over there. Simply post in the "Post CFS3 IP Games in here!!!" thread The CFS3 online players are over there.

Once there, simply look for the padded thread. That's where us online nuts are. :D

I hope this helps.

:D

Danoman812
August 23rd, 2013, 19:41
Wahoo...!!!

Thanks Bear... we got ours going here. So far Zachary and I are running just the stock aircraft and it seemed to work pretty well. (I did go and log in over at the other location as well)
We have some of the AvHistory planes we were going to be loading in later on tomorrow, we also aren't using Firepower or the other 'versions' as of yet.

I appreciate your time and will ask about a list of the commons that everyone has prolly tomorrow so we can all go in and have some manly fun... lol

Danoman... :)

grizzly50
August 23rd, 2013, 20:18
Wahoo...!!!

Thanks Bear... we got ours going here. So far Zachary and I are running just the stock aircraft and it seemed to work pretty well. (I did go and log in over at the other location as well)
We have some of the AvHistory planes we were going to be loading in later on tomorrow, we also aren't using Firepower or the other 'versions' as of yet.

I appreciate your time and will ask about a list of the commons that everyone has prolly tomorrow so we can all go in and have some manly fun... lol

Danoman... :)

Danoman,

No need to get a bunch of extra aircraft add-ons.

We fly some stock and do mission nights with ETO Expansion to 1.20, available from Aussies.

Go to aussiex.org and register there to download CFS3 ETO Expansion. You will need CFS3 ETO Expansion 1.0 and CFS3 ETO Expansion Cumulative Update 1.20.

See the sticky threads here at SOH for any modification needed if using Windows Vista and/or Win 7.

TeamSpeak 2.0 is quite useful as well.

See ya there.

Danoman812
August 24th, 2013, 01:42
Cool...
Thanks, we'll be there... :)