PDA

View Full Version : Milviz Ju-87 Now Available for Download

stovall
August 23rd, 2013, 11:18
Just saw a heads up from Barnes, the Milviz Ju-87 Stuka is open for business. Check it our HERE!! (http://www.milviz.com/fs/item.php?id=Ju-87)

Daube
August 23rd, 2013, 11:23
Thanks for the heads-up !
I want to buy it, but first of all I will wait for some feedback on the FPS impact of the plane, from people with not-so-good computers.

JIMJAM
August 23rd, 2013, 11:57

Dimus
August 23rd, 2013, 12:15
Thanks for the heads-up !
I want to buy it, but first of all I will wait for some feedback on the FPS impact of the plane, from people with not-so-good computers.

Having been involved in testing it on my aging setup I can confirm very good and smooth performance.

My specs:
Q6600 @ 2.4 OCed to 3.0
Nvidia 460GTX 1GB
4GB RAM

JIMJAM
August 23rd, 2013, 12:23
Have not read the manual yet.I cnt e to start just to get a quick first flight in and I am getting a engine sound loop about every 1 second.Ext view shows the smoke puffing at the same interval.
Is this just me or am I missing something.
later I will rtm. Thanks,Jim

PS- Right side panel turn ON fuel circuit breaker.Also to the above the plane apears to be very fps freindly even on my old i7 2.6 ghz puter.

IanHenry
August 23rd, 2013, 12:47
Have not read the manual yet.I cnt e to start just to get a quick first flight in and I am getting a engine sound loop about every 1 second.Ext view shows the smoke puffing at the same interval.
Is this just me or am I missing something.
later I will rtm. Thanks,Jim

PS- Right side panel turn ON fuel circuit breaker.Also to the above the plane apears to be very fps freindly even on my old i7 2.6 ghz puter.

Yes, I'm having the same problems, I've warmed up the engine, but it keeps spluttering and farting. I'm also a little confused by the "Hand Start" procedure in the manual.:isadizzy:

YoYo
August 23rd, 2013, 13:01
Having been involved in testing it on my aging setup I can confirm very good and smooth performance.

Same!

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6716/rdg8.jpg

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/5028/nqu1.jpg

Dimus
August 23rd, 2013, 13:08
Yes, I'm having the same problems, I've warmed up the engine, but it keeps spluttering and farting. I'm also a little confused by the "Hand Start" procedure in the manual.:isadizzy:

See the PS on JimJam's post above.

Ian Warren
August 23rd, 2013, 13:20
I'm going in ... I mean down ! :icon_lol:..... :cool:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Rudyjo
August 23rd, 2013, 13:32
Have not bought it yet.

Sounds like what we need is an A2A type of "How to start and fly" video.

JIMJAM
August 23rd, 2013, 13:35
1st quick impression.Vr pit outstanding detail but not knowing German its a mouse popup fest.Most older timers will easily figure out whats what.Halfed my fuel load and took off from my private 2500ft dirt strip. Not much torque roll so easy to keep straight.Ate up every inch of the 2500ft and scraped some trees.Emergency dropped the bomb but it still climbed like a brick.Stayed at 200k for a good 1/2 mile cleaned up.Eventually got some alititude but yeah its a pig climbing so fly the G model which does not have the bomb or drop it before takeoff.Well mannered and handles like you would expect.Got all kind of squirrlely during a high speed dive.I need to see if its the fm or if accumsim is effecting it.Landing vis is ok.Speed brake very effective so be ready for it.Easy to nose it so be easy on the brake.
Overall very nice.Handles like it looks.Appears to have a detailed bombing sequence but I did not try it.
Performance on my old I7 2.6 6 gigs ram Ati 660 ti Vista 64 bloated with every FSX addon known to man very good.

MudMarine
August 23rd, 2013, 13:51
Yes! Happy Birthday to me!! I'm going to dive bomb my cake!:applause::icon_lol:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
August 23rd, 2013, 14:01
Engines require the Fuel Pump to be on or the engine is starved and stalling , same for the starter , both are on the breaker box.

Once the Fuel Pump is on CTRL E can be used

Other Notes , once done dive bombing move the spoiler handle to the off position to regain control of the aircraft if you are using the automated pullout .

Turn on tool tips for a translation of the switches and levers , the English Version VC is in the pipeline

Tutorial Vid 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=L0xK9SYc_U4

Mach3DS
August 23rd, 2013, 15:51
also having been involved in its testing, it's pretty FPS friendly.

Roadburner440
August 23rd, 2013, 17:22
As usual guys email me at Roadburner440 at milviz dot com if you need support forum access. If you already have an account with us you just need to send me your purchase information, but if you do not already have an account a username that you would like to use is always handy when setting up new accounts. Hopefully everyone enjoys flying the Stuka. I myself do not know German so it makes it a challenging flight for me.

Daube
August 23rd, 2013, 18:33
Thanks a lot for the feedback on the performance, gentlemen. :ernae:
I'll buy this plane as soon as possible.

JIMJAM
August 23rd, 2013, 18:48
I did not realize until I did a youtube search that there are only 2 Stukas left in the world out of 6 thousand or so made.There is one in Chicago,one in England and a few scaled down replicas.

Bomber_12th
August 23rd, 2013, 19:28
There's a few more than that. In addition to the ones you mention, there are also a couple of recovered examples on display in Germany, one in Greece (recovered in 2006), one recovered example in Belgium, and two more that are in private hands in England (recovered wrecks). Finally, there is also another one which was recovered in 1998 and is under restoration to airworthy in Russia, for the US-based Flying Heritage Collection (a future companion for their original, flying, Il-2 and Fw 190A).

bstolle
August 23rd, 2013, 19:59
1.Eventually got some alititude but yeah its a pig climbing so fly the G model which does not have the bomb or drop it before takeoff.
2.Got all kind of squirrlely during a high speed dive.I need to see if its the fm or if accumsim is effecting

1.The G is almost as heavy as the D with bombs plus is has more drag, she's slower and noticable much more sluggish in roll.
2.So far I haven't seen a single add-on that's not adverse affected by accusim :(

Scratch
August 23rd, 2013, 20:52
I must be cursed.........after waiting all this time for the Stuka and I can even extract zip files on my computer. Something on my box is screwed up. No zip file program works on any zip file I download from anywhere. I've never heard of such a thing.

Barnes
August 23rd, 2013, 22:01
The paint kit looks great - just trying to decide what to repaint. the included schemes are a great choice already so its difficult.

http://www.clavework-graphics.co.uk/aircraft/junkers_ju87/junkers_ju87_001.html

Do any of the great re-painters want to do the snake? If so I wont.

MenendezDiego
August 23rd, 2013, 22:29
My vote is for this one:

http://www.clavework-graphics.co.uk/aircraft/junkers_ju87/Ju87B2_StG2_1.jpg

Barnes
August 23rd, 2013, 22:42
Has anyone turned up their sound and used the flyby view - great engine sound.

P38man
August 24th, 2013, 00:47
Wow just blew up a beach !

Pity target was the airport....

Amazing fun though forgot to set the speed brakes so when I hit the 1500m mark I had set it did not pull out. Will watch the video and read the manual again to make sure I ddin't miss something else.

So sensitive with nose going forward on the ground just like Eric Brown wrote!

I have flown it 4 times and each time FSX has crashed after I exit the flight to go back to the main menu. Any else experiencing that?

Rudyjo
August 24th, 2013, 01:06
I must be cursed.........after waiting all this time for the Stuka and I can even extract zip files on my computer. Something on my box is screwed up. No zip file program works on any zip file I download from anywhere. I've never heard of such a thing.

Does this require a program such as WinZip to install it?
I have payware from just about every developer and have never come across any that require a WinZip type of installation. I've seen a few repaints that are a WinZip file.
This will be my first MilVis download.

The few times that I was going to install WinZip or 7zip etc., every time I try to get one of their free programs I end up with a page with about 5 different "Install Now" links.
No matter what link I click, it leads to some other program they want you to install or buy. I have just given up on it.

padburgess
August 24th, 2013, 01:09
I don't know if this is relevant to your situation regarding the "squirrely" behaviour, but I was experiencing a similar behaviour with one of my add on aircraft and Accu-Feel, to the point that I turned Accu-Feel off. It turned out that the aircraft was exceeding the max indicated airspeed setting so she started snaking and gettin all outa shape. When I upped this to a more realistic value (it was set way too low) the problem resolved itself.

Daube
August 24th, 2013, 01:26
AccuFeel, not Accusim. Don't confuse ;)

I finally got the Ju-87 this morning, and made a test flight with the very first model on the list in the aircraft selection menu.
Without reading the manual at all, I jumped into the cockpit and started inspecting the switches. With the experience obtained from the Flight Replicas and Classic Hangar German birds, I could start the plane without any trouble.

The plane is really beautiful and the cockpit is impressive, for the modelling quality. Performance-wise, the Stuka seems a bit more heavy than the Sabre on my computer, but this might be due to my recent video card settings changes. Also, my FSX is currently locked internally at 30 FPS, and Milviz planes hate this. Despite this, the FPS remained in the "usable" areas, varying between 30's and 20's, depending on what part of the scenery was visible (Bowerman, OrbX PNW). That means that once I switch my FSX back to unlimited FPS with NVidia Inspector FPS limit to 30, I'll get smooth flights with the Stuka most of the times.

Concerning the plane, there are some things I didn't really like:
- the bombs seem to follow a strange path... When I drop them in a dive, the impact point, as seen from the external view during pullup, is always much "higher" than what I was aiming at. Just like if the bombs had a higher glide ratio than my plane ? Strange... But anyways, it's cool to be able to release them.
- at one point, I figured out how to activate the siren in the dive (I had to enable the airbrake...). After the dive, strangely the plane seemed to be in autopilot mode, I could not control the elevator, and the elevator trim was moving by itself. Is there some automatic recovery instrument, or did I press my Z key by mistake ? Anyways, I pressed Z again and got back the full control of the plane, so everything was ok.
- After the dive, I flew again level. The airbrakes went off by themselves, I suppose I need to read the manual for this, right ?
- While flying level, I tried to fire the cannons. I realised that the trigger (button 1 on my joystick, which also controls the wheel brakes) made a siren sound, 3-4 seconds after pulling the trigger, for one second. Strange in flight, very annoying when landing and taxiing. What happened ?

Anybody noticed the same problems ?
Appart from this, the plane is extremely cool and I really like it.

P38man
August 24th, 2013, 01:43
Does this require a program such as WinZip to install it?
I have payware from just about every developer and have never come across any that require a WinZip type of installation. I've seen a few repaints that are a WinZip file.
This will be my first MilVis download.

The few times that I was going to install WinZip or 7zip etc., every time I try to get one of their free programs I end up with a page with about 5 different "Install Now" links.
No matter what link I click, it leads to some other program they want you to install or buy. I have just given up on it.

Try this 7zip:
http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Then you can choose the downloaded file and right-click it choose 7zip - open archive and double-click the exe.

Yes Daube there is an auto recovery. I have found if you don't do it perfectly it stays on (Saitek auto pilot panel) and I then have to turn the ap off? (or did I do it too soon because the recovery didn't work because I forgot to set the speed brake, not sure)

Also you engaged the diving siren.......you need to read the manual (I haven't tried the guns yet)

Roger
August 24th, 2013, 02:15
Great job Milviz:applause:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/stuka-mv-1.jpg (http://s6.photobucket.com/user/rogera/media/stuka-mv-1.jpg.html)

P38man
August 24th, 2013, 02:19
No Roger...better than great....excellent!! :applause:

Actually the manual and video explain together how to dive bomb really well.....i am a bit caught up with something else but cannot wait to get back to it.

Daube, according to Eric Brown the greatest difficulty with dive bombing is over estimating the dive angle so this may explain why the bomb lands forward of where you think it should be? Meaning that the plane may be going forward more than it seems.

Dimus
August 24th, 2013, 02:42
The paint kit looks great - just trying to decide what to repaint. the included schemes are a great choice already so its difficult.

http://www.clavework-graphics.co.uk/aircraft/junkers_ju87/junkers_ju87_001.html

Do any of the great re-painters want to do the snake? If so I wont.

Unfortunately all the ones on that page, including Diego's choice are earlier "B" models. The "snake" is indeed spectacular, it would not hurt to deviate a bit from historical accuracy if one fancies that.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
August 24th, 2013, 03:57
AccuFeel, not Accusim. Don't confuse ;)

- After the dive, I flew again level. The airbrakes went off by themselves, I suppose I need to read the manual for this, right ?

- While flying level, I tried to fire the cannons. I realised that the trigger (button 1 on my joystick, which also controls the wheel brakes) made a siren sound, 3-4 seconds after pulling the trigger, for one second. Strange in flight, very annoying when landing and taxiing. What happened ?

Anybody noticed the same problems ?
Appart from this, the plane is extremely cool and I really like it.

If the Siren is on when you are doing a ground attack with the machine guns it will wail , turn off the siren .

The Joystick has the trigger captured to replicate the Stuka's version , it used one button to trigger all weapon systems, unfortunately in FS this includes brakes ,the siren was automated as well , and here its also rigged to sound when the trigger is pulled.
Please Note : If the automated pullout system is used the pilot needs to set the Spoiler Handle to off after dive recovery to regain control of the aircraft.

Best CJ

Rudyjo
August 24th, 2013, 06:26
Try this 7zip:
http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Then you can choose the downloaded file and right-click it choose 7zip - open archive and double-click the exe.

Yes Daube there is an auto recovery. I have found if you don't do it perfectly it stays on (Saitek auto pilot panel) and I then have to turn the ap off? (or did I do it too soon because the recovery didn't work because I forgot to set the speed brake, not sure)

Also you engaged the diving siren.......you need to read the manual (I haven't tried the guns yet)

Thank you, P38man. I will try it one more time.
Do Milviz planes require a program such as 7zip? If so, it will be a first for me.

n4gix
August 24th, 2013, 07:27
Thank you, P38man. I will try it one more time.
Do Milviz planes require a program such as 7zip? If so, it will be a first for me.
The installer program is always wrapped in a .zip file, since most systems do not like downloading .exe programs...

Please note also that there is no separate "uninstaller" application. I have included an "Uninstall" option in the Installer program itself. This way I have full control over just what is removed.

McFlingwinger
August 24th, 2013, 11:04
I too failed to unzip the .exe file, until I remembered from previous milviz purchases, try flicking off your antivirus for the unzip process. Worked for me.

Scratch
August 24th, 2013, 15:59
WOW!!!!!!! I finally got it installed. What a pig in the air it is! Awesome all the way around. It is far better than I hoped it could be. Outstanding job Milviz:salute: I still can't unzip files on my computer. Had to use my laptop for that, then copy the installer on to a flash drive and transfer to my sick box. I'm having a blast with this one!

Skyhawk_310R
August 24th, 2013, 16:26
What's always amazed me is that long after the plane was relegated out of front line service after the RAF revealed it to be a death trap, the plane was being flown as a tank buster on the Eastern Front. Further, the only man to earn the Knight's Cross with Golden Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds was Oberst Hans Ulrich-Rudel, who flew the plane during nearly the entire war and actually survived! Though he was shot down and survived a harrowing evasion effort to avoid capture and likely certain execution had the Russians caught him.

Among the many amazing things Rudel did in the war, he likely caused the death of a Russian ace fighter pilot, Lev Shestakov who was on his tail. With his rear gunner dealing with a jammed MG, Rudel took low-level flying to a new limit as he flew through mountain valleys at less than ten feet off the ground, literally taking his Ju-87 between trees at full speed! His rear gunner reported that during these frenetic maneuvers, that his pursuer crashed. Given that the fighter pilot going after him had himself earned the Hero of the Soviet Union multiple times, when the crash happened, Rudel's radio "exploded" with emotional calls from the Russian pilots flying overhead who saw it happen! Rudel praised the Russian in his memoirs writing, "I should give him credit; he was a good pilot."

He also flew combat missions with one of his legs in a plaster cast!

Then, he was hit by a 40mm shell which required the amputation of his right leg below his knee. He continued to fly combat missions immediately after the amputation!

He flew a record number of combat sorties in World War II of 2,530! He was never shot down by an enemy fighter, only by anti-aircraft artillery. He tried to land once behind enemy lines in a field to rescue fellow Stuka crews who were forced down. But, the muddy field would not allow him to take off. So, the entire unit set out on foot to evade Russians coming after him with a frenzy given the huge bounty that had been placed on Rudel's head!

Rudel had a remarkable life after the war, also! He lived for a time in South Africa, and even had a direct role in the design of the USAF A-10 attack aircraft! Further, he lived for a time in Argentina and was friendly with the military junta there. When he wrote his auto-biography, it was very controversial as in addition to being an outstanding memoir of his sorties, was -- to put it charitably -- "unapologetic" about the war. Nevertheless, when it was translated into English and re-printed under the title 'Stuka Pilot," none other than RAF ace Douglas Bader wrote the preface! Despite his politics, if you were a military aviator especially, you had to openly admire the man's courage and skill as a pilot. When he died in 1982, at his funeral, it appeared that two New Luftwaffe F-4's performed a low tribute pass over the ceremony even though the Luftwaffe later denied it was done.

He was, as they say, a very remarkable man!

Ken

Scratch
August 24th, 2013, 16:38
It was a Revell plastic model of Rudel's Stuka that was I think the first model I built as a kid. I remember I was in the store with my mom when I saw the kit. I was fascinated by the gull wings and mom bought it for me. It spent many years hanging from the ceiling of my bedroom.

P38man
August 24th, 2013, 17:01
Well I have decided to work out the Stuka proper before more dive bombing.....though I am champing at the bit to do that!

I am having trouble keeping the temps down and have read the manual and tried clicking the coolers and am just not getting it.
- it says they are oil coolers in the tool tips but in the manual it refers to them as water coolers
- seems the centre of each cooler is the "breaker off" so I guess I cannot click those
- the outer ring of the left one opens the flaps but instead of showing AUF open when I click this it shows max (shows AUF when I first step into the plane), then when I click the outer ring of the right one to close the indicator still shows max. So once I have clicked the left one's outer ring it seems not adjustments are possble.....just don't get this (no temps nor does the top-right hand gauge ever change once the first click has been made - note dive brake whatever is OFF when doing this)
- the only fix for water temps is to throttle down and it does not go down much at all.
- clicking the two cooler rings both in and out and waiting seems to do nothing for the oil temps
- no water has sprayed even at very high temps, how high and how long does this have to be?

Also confused about arming and fusing the bomb
- why, from the video, to let loose the single centre bomb, do we arm the left outside and right outside positions rather than the left and right inside positions?

Have worked out
- on the right-hand side electrical panel each has 2 swtiches for the same control. Bottom button IN is ON (top button goes out). To turn OFF push in TOP button (bottom button goes out).

Acccufeel
- have turned this off due to a huge "rumbling noise" at medium altitude when nowhere near ceiling nor anywhere near stall speeds (note I had the FSX clear all weather chosen and as Accufeel works with FSX weather there should have not been any turbulence)
- I am suspecting this is why it still continues to crash FSX after every flight - confirmed!

Default flight settings?
- I have as my default flight the Microsoft Cessna with its Magnetos in the OFF position but when I climb into the Stuka it is BOTH. I guess this needs its own saved flight ? (because its a "complex" plane as well call them?)

Fuel
- in FSX it shows 4 fuel tanks but in the plane the choice is for 2 ?

Feedback
- awesome plane....amazing
- would have liked tool tips for all of the plane's VC

Skyhawk_310R
August 24th, 2013, 17:03
It was a Revell plastic model of Rudel's Stuka that was I think the first model I built as a kid. I remember I was in the store with my mom when I saw the kit. I was fascinated by the gull wings and mom bought it for me. It spent many years hanging from the ceiling of my bedroom.

I purchased that same model as a kid! I remember it well for those unique 37mm cannon on it, so it was the Ju-87G. So large were the guns, that the streamlined belts sticking out the sides contained only six rounds each! This was the aircraft Rudel flew at Kursk, and he flew the only one then available also! Many older Ju-87D's were fitted in the field with the 37mm cannon.

Ken

Skyhawk_310R
August 24th, 2013, 17:25
I had seen some video of the 37mm cannon in use on the Ju-87G and I finally found a working link to it. The video quality is typical 1940's era black and white, but the remarkable part is the audio, which adds a lot to the experience.

http://s590.photobucket.com/user/Skintman1/media/German%20Planes/JU%20-%2087/TheJunkersJu-87G-Sonicbombcom.mp4.html

In effect, the Germans were employing an airborne anti-tank gun given that the 37mm flak gun was very much capable of killing even a T-34 with one shot. The advantage being that firing from above, the Stuka pilots had the advantage of targeting the thin armor on the top of the tanks.

Ken

MudMarine
August 24th, 2013, 17:29
Is Rudel's Stuka represented in the paints included? I can't remember what the side number of his aircraft was.......Any how, I've always loved the look of the cannons under the wing of the stuka. Say hello to my little friends, BOOM BOOM!

Skyhawk_310R
August 24th, 2013, 17:50
Is Rudel's Stuka represented in the paints included? I can't remember what the side number of his aircraft was.......Any how, I've always loved the look of the cannons under the wing of the stuka. Say hello to my little friends, BOOM BOOM!

Yes, it is the one with the cannon and the yellow triangle on the left wing tip plus the black and white arrow symbol on the fuselage.

Ken

MudMarine
August 24th, 2013, 19:27
Yes, it is the one with the cannon and the yellow triangle on the left wing tip plus the black and white arrow symbol on the fuselage.

Ken

That's what I thought, Thank you!

TuFun
August 24th, 2013, 20:08
I purchased that same model as a kid! I remember it well for those unique 37mm cannon on it, so it was the Ju-87G. So large were the guns, that the streamlined belts sticking out the sides contained only six rounds each! This was the aircraft Rudel flew at Kursk, and he flew the only one then available also! Many older Ju-87D's were fitted in the field with the 37mm cannon.

Ken

Me too! And I had own several COX Stuka's with dropping bomb.

Barnes
August 24th, 2013, 22:52
I have made a start to this repaint - I might take a while with it!

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip_zpseaac417a.jpg (http://s439.photobucket.com/user/GAJIT/media/wip_zpseaac417a.jpg.html)

Skyhawk18
August 24th, 2013, 23:16

The livery with tail number 494193 was the aircraft that Oberst Hans-Ulrich Rudel flew. When painting the winter liveries for the JU-87 G 2, I discovered that one of them (probably) had the same tail number (barely visible).
So I think that we have Oberst Rudel's "Kanonenvogel" in two paint schemes :salute:

Skyhawk18
August 24th, 2013, 23:19
I have made a start to this repaint - I might take a while with it!

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip_zpseaac417a.jpg (http://s439.photobucket.com/user/GAJIT/media/wip_zpseaac417a.jpg.html)

Looks good Barnes! :salute:

P38man
August 25th, 2013, 00:35
Well I have solved most of my questions
- the oil and water and other things are simply not modelled at all (despite warnings about handling these in the manual they don't apply - always the same values on the gauges no matter what happens).
- the turbulence I believe was still caused by Accufeel at about 10,000 feet (Global setting - needed to have it turned off)
- it then crashed FSX again during the flight once this accufeel issue came up
- for some reason on my system accufeel and it do not mix at all
- the plane wants to go down at 10,000 feet (using Plan-G on another pc) when the turbulence starts

Edit - solved light on altitude hold. That may have solved all issues to date.

Barnes
August 25th, 2013, 00:48
Got the left half on the way! More red dots on the snake to paint and other stuff to line up before I can do the other side.

I apologise now. As this is the wrong version of Stuka anyway i'm not going to worry about being very authentic to the last detail.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip_zpsf2cb75d7.jpg (http://s439.photobucket.com/user/GAJIT/media/wip_zpsf2cb75d7.jpg.html)

YoYo
August 25th, 2013, 02:18
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8151/jo9x.jpg

MenendezDiego
August 25th, 2013, 02:36
Hey YoYo...send me your email address... :applause:

P.S. Mind if we burrow that screenshot?

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
August 25th, 2013, 04:36
Well I have decided to work out the Stuka proper before more dive bombing.....though I am champing at the bit to do that!

I am having trouble keeping the temps down and have read the manual and tried clicking the coolers and am just not getting it.
- it says they are oil coolers in the tool tips but in the manual it refers to them as water coolers
- seems the centre of each cooler is the "breaker off" so I guess I cannot click those
- the outer ring of the left one opens the flaps but instead of showing AUF open when I click this it shows max (shows AUF when I first step into the plane), then when I click the outer ring of the right one to close the indicator still shows max. So once I have clicked the left one's outer ring it seems not adjustments are possble.....just don't get this (no temps nor does the top-right hand gauge ever change once the first click has been made - note dive brake whatever is OFF when doing this)
- the only fix for water temps is to throttle down and it does not go down much at all.
- clicking the two cooler rings both in and out and waiting seems to do nothing for the oil temps
- no water has sprayed even at very high temps, how high and how long does this have to be?

Also confused about arming and fusing the bomb
- why, from the video, to let loose the single centre bomb, do we arm the left outside and right outside positions rather than the left and right inside positions?

Have worked out
- on the right-hand side electrical panel each has 2 swtiches for the same control. Bottom button IN is ON (top button goes out). To turn OFF push in TOP button (bottom button goes out).

Acccufeel
- have turned this off due to a huge "rumbling noise" at medium altitude when nowhere near ceiling nor anywhere near stall speeds (note I had the FSX clear all weather chosen and as Accufeel works with FSX weather there should have not been any turbulence)
- I am suspecting this is why it still continues to crash FSX after every flight - confirmed!

Default flight settings?
- I have as my default flight the Microsoft Cessna with its Magnetos in the OFF position but when I climb into the Stuka it is BOTH. I guess this needs its own saved flight ? (because its a "complex" plane as well call them?)

Fuel
- in FSX it shows 4 fuel tanks but in the plane the choice is for 2 ?

Feedback
- awesome plane....amazing
- would have liked tool tips for all of the plane's VC

Q :I am having trouble keeping the temps down and have read the manual and tried clicking the coolers and am just not getting it.
seems the centre of each cooler is the "breaker off" so I guess I cannot click those

A: Turn on oil cooler door breaker at the breaker panel , the surface space of the radiator is small , the gauges do register the temp and it rises very fast and falls rather slowly if at all at rpm , but does rise more slowly with all cooling doors open.

Note: Tool tips will mention a system is off at the breaker panel if the breaker is in the off position ,

Q : Also confused about arming and fusing the bomb
- why, from the video, to let loose the single centre bomb, do we arm theleft outside and right outside positions rather than the left and right insidepositions?

A: Each of the bombs is separately fused, to drop the center one the upper right fuse panel is the center , lower for the wings and each is fused as well , one can drop any or all in any combination manually or when using the autopullout system >( Note ) return Spoiler Handle To Off After Release

Q :Fuel - in FSX it shows 4 fuel tanks but in the plane the choice is for 2 ?

A : the fuel system counts inner and outer tanks in each wing , the indicators are lit when the tanks are full and the second set lights when there is 30% left , the gauge reads total fuel quantity.

A degree of license was taken in how the system replicates the Stuka ,in the real plane the tanks did not feed uniformly from both Main tanks, the pilot needed to switch between tanks to keep the aircraft in balance, as well they needed to hand pump the fuel between tanks to transfer it.

We replicated this with a vigorous pumping motion on the transfer pump and automated the fuel transfer so the FS pilot would not be required to constantly monitor this. Fuel imbalance affects how the aircraft trims rather greatly .

Q; Default flight settings?
A :The Plane is rigged to boot up cold and dark , it can use a saved flight as well to boot running

Barnes
August 25th, 2013, 09:07
Hi please download the "snake" repaint from here http://share.cx.com/T2tYLT

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip_zps1b748817.jpg (http://s439.photobucket.com/user/GAJIT/media/wip_zps1b748817.jpg.html)

Roger
August 25th, 2013, 09:34
:applause::ernae:

Barnes
August 25th, 2013, 12:06
I shall now do a simple all sand cammo version S7+CL from3/stg3. I don't want to have to ever paint a snake again!

UPdate... on the way........

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip_zps53425d7a.jpg (http://s439.photobucket.com/user/GAJIT/media/wip_zps53425d7a.jpg.html)

JIMJAM
August 25th, 2013, 12:49
In real life I would not want a bright orange snake on the side of my plane especially if I was bombing people. I would imagine it would attract a lot of bad attention [crosshairs] but if I had a RC Stuka that would be the paint to have.Looks great!

P38man
August 25th, 2013, 16:00
Barnes - great job and thanks, looking forward to the second one too!

Thanks for the answers Chuck, much appreciated.

Congratulations on the Stuka and particularly the excellent dive bombing system! Great job! Had a few very enjoyable runs yesterday.

- yes the breaker panel for the coolers - still the temps eventually rise to around 100 degrees no matter what I do for both and there aren't any negative consequences anyway ?
- great job on the tooltips re breaker panel info - very clever. I was only thinking I would have liked also the tooltips on some of the gauges (yes I know...not important)
- yes from reading the manual again "Master Arm" (and comparing to the very well done video and another place in the manual) is I can see aka the "centre bomb" panel. So all good there.
- fuel system - from some back and forth adding and subtracting fuel for different flights I thought as much. That vigorous pumping motion is a truly great idea.

A truly breathtaking plane - cannot get this experience (auto dive bombing system, accurate Stuka flight modelling - you don't feel you are out of control when diving like you do with other planes Eric Brown said and this is captured here as is the nose heaviness on the ground - and beautiful graphics and gauges) anywhere else in FSX - one of the very best!

This helped a little regarding aiming - good ole IL2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKCS8WRNHeg

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
August 25th, 2013, 17:52
P38Man , while adding ToolTips to gauges and doing them in units more familiar to Americans is a great idea , Milviz has also floated the idea of doing a full English cockpit but of the two I think the extended tooltips the more immersive of means of making the models systems easier to understand.

I had at first directly replicated the fuel system in the JU87 but figured that would lead to a great many problem reports, they used fuel injection in the JU87 and this was modeled , without full pressure it will just stall and belch smoke and not get off the runway , you know something is wrong , with the fuel tanks separated it sneaks up on you , about an hour into the flight your plane is uncontrollable, one light goes on and you had to get pumping or actually run out of fuel , the tanks were not connected by other than the fuel transfer pump so if a tank was damaged by ground fire they would be served by the three remaining ones , we didn’t model damage from ground fire so I took some liberties with that element of fuel function . ( fuel can be transferred manually )

Re the temps eventually getting to around 100 , that’s normal , but a change in the airfile can be made to have that be more reactive to the door being open , but it was really small and didn't permit a great deal of airflow.

Thanks for the feedback .

Barnes, Awesome Work !

Best CJ

JIMJAM
August 25th, 2013, 19:02
I would also like to report that I had to disable Accufeel because of FSX ctds. I cannot prove it but after flying about a hour I think its got something to do with the speedbrake operation or changing views. When it happens the cockpit will be missing and the view as you turn stays and then updates redraw until you have a screen of dozens of frames on top of frames.You can hear the sounds in real time.I can go to desktop and exit and usually then get the FSX error screen.Disabling Accufeel seems to fix this.

Barnes
August 25th, 2013, 21:56
Hi Chuck - do you know about the paint kit?

I successfully painted the prop spinner on the Snake version but even though I have painted the same area (both the static and blurred) black on this - the rotating prop turns yellow. I tried removing the prop blurr texture but it just turned the spinner green!

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip_zps63926c3f.jpg (http://s439.photobucket.com/user/GAJIT/media/wip_zps63926c3f.jpg.html)

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
August 26th, 2013, 04:09
Hello Barnes , the Propblurred texture is version specific and as the name suggests is for the spinning propcone , the still prop spinner is on stuka_8_T and is also version specific.

If you remove the propblurred texture the sim will default to the base texture folder and that one is green , note the propblurred is uvw mapped on a flat planar , the still prop is in three pieces that have uv's flattened , meaning one will not work on the other.

If you need UVW's for something send me a PM with your email addy and i will send them by .

Best CJ

Barnes
August 26th, 2013, 04:59
Hello Barnes , the Propblurred texture is version specific and as the name suggests is for the spinning propcone , the still prop spinner is on stuka_8_T and is also version specific.

If you remove the propblurred texture the sim will default to the base texture folder and that one is green , note the propblurred is uvw mapped on a flat planar , the still prop is in three pieces that have uv's flattened , meaning one will not work on the other.

If you need UVW's for something send me a PM with your email addy and i will send them by .

Best CJ

Hi Chuck - thanks - so if I paint the propblurred I should turn it black?!

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
August 26th, 2013, 06:19
@ Barnes , yes if black is your choice , you can see how to line up the more colorful propcones by looking at the included liveries .

Best CJ

Barnes
August 26th, 2013, 08:33
@ Barnes , yes if black is your choice , you can see how to line up the more colorful propcones by looking at the included liveries .

Best CJ

Yes it was interesting with the Snake.

Yossarian1943
August 27th, 2013, 12:36
Hi, one question. I want to paint the area behind the prop cone. Where can I find the texture?

Thanks.

Skyhawk18
August 27th, 2013, 13:12
Hi, one question. I want to paint the area behind the prop cone. Where can I find the texture?

Thanks.

You will find that texture on template #8 (two bars on the right side of the prop cone). Painters who have questions - please post at the Milviz forums (as I can better help you over there) :icon_lol:

usafvet
August 27th, 2013, 15:51
Me too! And I had own several COX Stuka's with dropping bomb.

I crashed many a Cox Stuka too.....

Barnes
August 27th, 2013, 22:20
Hi Please download this repaint from here.. http://share.cx.com/TpYJRy

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip_zps63926c3f.jpg (http://s439.photobucket.com/user/GAJIT/media/wip_zps63926c3f.jpg.html)

MenendezDiego
August 27th, 2013, 22:21

Great job Barnes!

Barnes
August 27th, 2013, 22:22
You will find that texture on template #8 (two bars on the right side of the prop cone). Painters who have questions - please post at the Milviz forums (as I can better help you over there) :icon_lol:

There is also a texture called propblurr that I found needed to be painted on the last one I did. See chuck's advice in this thread.

P38man
August 28th, 2013, 21:51
Thanks for the paint, Barnes!

Great job!

greenie
August 29th, 2013, 05:04
Hi Please download this repaint from here.. ..

Just following orders !.......... many thanks

YoYo
August 29th, 2013, 07:35
Just following orders !.......... many thanks

Agree, looks very well. Thanks a lot :salute: .

MenendezDiego
August 29th, 2013, 17:50
For those who want English textures in their Stuka, you can head over to our support forums and download them: http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=3332

All the best, Diego

Barnes
August 29th, 2013, 21:55
For those who want English textures in their Stuka, you can head over to our support forums and download them: http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=3332

All the best, Diego

hi thanks - but I like it authentic as it came and did not notice it was not! if that makes sense?

ottor
August 30th, 2013, 17:05
Can someone explain the use of water ballast in the D model? It has an entry in the payload menu. I have read the manual but I don't think it is mentioned in there.

Thanks.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
August 31st, 2013, 04:56
Water ballast in the D model is used to change the weight of the aircraft during the latter part of the drop sequence , it is a little trick i make use of on the fly as it were , the amounts released have flow rates in the hundreds of gallons per second so it happens very quickly and is invisible to the eye but not the FDE .
Best CJ

ottor
August 31st, 2013, 15:58
Water ballast in the D model is used to change the weight of the aircraft during the latter part of the drop sequence , it is a little trick i make use of on the fly as it were , the amounts released have flow rates in the hundreds of gallons per second so it happens very quickly and is invisible to the eye but not the FDE .
Best CJ

Thanks for the explanation Chuck. I suspected that it might be used to simulate the change of weight upon bomb release, but because it didn't change when I used the bomb jettison lever I was confused.

MenendezDiego
September 24th, 2013, 21:14
For those that bought the European version which comes with no Swastikas, if you'd like to download the period repaints, they can be found here: www.milviz.com/forsale/MV_Stuka_full_markings.rar (http://www.milviz.com/forsale/MV_Stuka_full_markings.rar)

Regards, Diego

YoYo
September 24th, 2013, 21:47
Thank You!

Peg o my heart
December 22nd, 2014, 06:10

Just reinstalled the Ju-87, and found this thread. The links is not accessible and have searched some forum libraries no avail. Is there a way to get this beautiful repaint? Thanks

SeanTK
December 24th, 2015, 17:35
Sorry for bumping this, but it looks like Barnes' links are dead and he/she hasn't been online in over a year. Does anyone have either (preferably both) of this person's Stuka liveries linked in this thread that they could share?

Thanks.

ZsoltB
May 3rd, 2016, 00:42
Hi please download the "snake" repaint from here http://share.cx.com/T2tYLT

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip_zps1b748817.jpg (http://s439.photobucket.com/user/GAJIT/media/wip_zps1b748817.jpg.html)

Link is dead!
Please reuploaded

UnknownGuest12
May 9th, 2017, 08:02
OK, I have the file into my archive
Milviz JU87 repaint SNAKE.zip

itīs about 38 Mg, please someone teach me how to upload it somewhere....glad to help...

Regards

SeanTK
May 10th, 2017, 18:02
Beaufighter,

Here's a drag and drop service to temporarily upload the zip file if you do not want to upload it to SOH...

https://uploadfiles.io/

UnknownGuest12
May 11th, 2017, 01:27
Beaufighter,

Here's a drag and drop service to temporarily upload the zip file if you do not want to upload it to SOH...

https://uploadfiles.io/

Will be glad to upload here at SOH, if there's no problem with author's rights, anyway think it's free. Please just let me know how to upload it.
Regards

UnknownGuest12
May 11th, 2017, 07:33
Ok Try this link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B344E-y9o-qaZGlFQUF6YzJyVWc/view?usp=drive_web

Regards

paul day
May 11th, 2017, 07:57
Beaufighter

That works a treat, thanks for uploading.

Regards Paul Day.