PDA

View Full Version : WW II Vet Beaten to Death

Crusader
August 23rd, 2013, 10:16
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/23/wwii-vet-beaten-lodge-spokane/2690971/

This boils my blood. I don't know if Washington State has the death penalty or not but you all know as well as I do, being teens, (even though charged as adults) the chances are slim to none for an execution. Let's see, 50-60 years before even considered for a parole might help. This way their chances to get out and contaminate the world would be lessened.

Rich:angryfir:

(Yes , I have them convicted before due process of law. Tough s--t ! What due process did they give this old man before they beat him to death?)

R. I. P. Sir :medals:

Rami
August 23rd, 2013, 10:30
Crusader,

This makes me angry too, and I've been raging about this in the QMS. But I can't say what I'm saying there in this thread. I can't stand senseless violence, especially against the elderly, and a man who fought to defend the world from modern tyranny.

All I will say is that I have been in firm belief for a long time now that we need to bring back punishment into public display. It has been proven in the past to be a great crime deterrent. Public shaming is not cruel and unusual, it is a reminder for others on how society handles those who prey on it.

Having said that, please keep comments in this thread on track.

trucker17
August 23rd, 2013, 11:07
its a sad thing. when punk assed teens do this....They'll take a life and hide and cry like little babies when they are caught and convicted on it....

I say give them the max the law will allow.....Then once in prison, let them spend that sentence being severely tortured......give them death.....A LIFE FOR A LIFE....

Rami
August 23rd, 2013, 11:15
its a sad thing. when punk assed teens do this....They'll take a life and hide and cry like little babies when they are caught and convicted on it....

I say give them the max the law will allow.....Then once in prison, let them spend that sentence being severely tortured......give them death.....A LIFE FOR A LIFE....

Trucker17,

You won't hear an argument from me. :icon29:

glh
August 23rd, 2013, 12:45
Just put them in general population. Like BradChel Manning, they will be getting plenty of hormone injections during their tenure.

Rami
August 23rd, 2013, 12:53
Just put them in general population. Like BradChel Manning, they will be getting plenty of hormone injections during their tenure.

Glh,

It's nice when someone echoes your thoughts. From earlier today...: "Go the cheaper route...dip him in a vat of perfume, rub axle grease on his hands, and tell him to go shower with a bar of soap. The prisoners will take care of the rest."

SSI01
August 23rd, 2013, 13:07
"Thank you for your service to your country."

Yeah, right -

Younger people don't stop to think that with most men over the age of 70 or so, there is a little better than even chance this man has done military service to his country some time in his life. Back then the govt had the right to arbitrarily take your time from you against your will. We all got spoiled after February, 1973 when the draft ended. We should be courteous to them anyway for their age alone, but because they very likely spent time in the military, willingly or not, guaranteeing our country's continued survival, it would be wise to treat these older people with deference. This just isn't taught any more. We warehouse them instead.

Rami
August 23rd, 2013, 13:20
SSI01,

Amen and Amen. :USA-flag:

Rudyjo
August 23rd, 2013, 13:39
How about those three 15 years olds who shot and killed a young guy visiting from Australia about a week ago.

They said they did it because they were bored and wanted to have some fun.

They are going to find out what being bored is really like while in prison for the next couple of decades. They are being tried as adults.

stansdds
August 23rd, 2013, 14:01
These horrible crimes and I hope that the perpetrators are brought to justice and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I do think that these crimes are also a sad commentary on our society and especially our youth.

And now I'm IBTL.

beana51
August 23rd, 2013, 14:20
A young kid, gets Wounded, OKINAWA, A place where 12,513 other kids got killed...a place where 39,916 kids got wounded..He was 20yrs old..comes home, lives a quiet life, and 68 yrs later gets murdered by Wild dogs....this at 88. murdered by scum who could not kiss his ass..,,something is terribly wrong..A young kid, wants to play baseball he to his life, future snatched from him...I think America has a cancer now, and no one will address it...It will only get worse!...The God da**ing of America goes on! It Was not fair Delbert Belton..You were let down!

Gdavis101
August 23rd, 2013, 16:35
I am so tired of the whole "young child" or "teenager" thing, if you are man enough to kill someone then you are man enough to stand trial and accept whatever punishment you have coming! Its just sad, really sad! a good man lost his life so these pieces of sh*t could act like the little cowards they are.. Eye for an eye in this case and in the one where the three "young boys" shot a man in the back and killed him just because they were bored!!!

beana51
August 23rd, 2013, 16:59
Its not the Punishment in all these cases,they will be punished ...more importantly its the Reasons and causes..Thats where answers may be gotten..family? Culture? Environment?..Ignore that and the problems will get far worse !

Roger
August 23rd, 2013, 17:07
This is a dreadful episode and I empathize with all those condemning the perpetrators. However I have to ask why this needs to be in Newshawks? Any local newspapers in the UK or any other First World country will generate hundreds of similar stories every week...it seems endemic and perhaps they indicate that human evolution is finally in reverse?

However we can't solve these issues here, only mourn their consequences and then finally get back to our hobby. I have seen issues on BBC tonight concerning Syria and mass murders, probably caused by chemical weapons but this doesn't belong here so I won't pursue it, only to mention it in passing as one of the plethora of dreadful crimes against humanity that are best discussed elsewhere.

Rami
August 23rd, 2013, 17:54
Its not the Punishment in all these cases,they will be punished ...more importantly its the Reasons and causes..Thats where answers may be gotten..family? Culture? Environment?..Ignore that and the problems will get far worse!

Beana51,

It's a combination of everything. But Roger's right on this thread...