PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Fairchild C82 Files

FSX68
August 23rd, 2013, 04:59
I have just downloaded the upgrade for the Fairchild C-82 for FSX but it looks like one or more files are still needed to complete the package for FSX.

Link to download:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=14049935

In the readme it states:
Recommended are C82P2.ZIP and c82-patch if you can find them

Does anyone know where to get them or have these files?

FSX68
August 23rd, 2013, 05:24
I managed to add the Twin R2800 sound pack by SkyHigh Audio Simulations not too shabby.

Pictured here is what I think was the paint scheme used for the Flight of the Phoenix movie (1965 original version)

Guess I'm stuck with those no see thru spinning props - clouds disappear when viewing thru spinning props.

Would like to find those missing files I mentioned on my previous thread.

This would be a nice native FSX project to make.

Portia911
August 23rd, 2013, 16:37
You should be able to swap in the prop blur file(s) from suitable 'donor' aircraft you already have where you know they work in fsx. Just have to match the size so it will look right.
Default DC-3 perhaps?

falcon409
August 23rd, 2013, 16:50
If that's a relatively old model, then changing the prop blur won't correct the blocked out clouds issue. That comes from the way the prop disc was coded in the mdl file. Unless you can get the source code from the original designer and change that. . .it is what it is.:salute:

Roger
August 23rd, 2013, 17:27
If that's a relatively old model, then changing the prop blur won't correct the blocked out clouds issue. That comes from the way the prop disc was coded in the mdl file. Unless you can get the source code from the original designer and change that. . .it is what it is.:salute:

That's why I deleted the port-over. Some prop textures simply need a darkened alpha to minimise the "prop behind the clouds" issue but others see the prop removing all autogen, clouds etc. and this is a deal breaker for me with a port-over.

Firekitten
August 24th, 2013, 02:28
To be honest, on the C119 boxcar, I can ignore that prop eating autogen... I hate it, but I can ignore it as its the only good model.

The c82 however... nope. The vc panel is screwed and really breaks the deal for me... sad because I love it as an aircraft. We really need these two cargo queens to be resurrected...

falcon409
August 24th, 2013, 06:23
. . . . .In the readme it states:
Recommended are C82P2.ZIP and c82-patch if you can find them

Does anyone know where to get them or have these files?

Everything I've found so far, information-wise, points to the fact that they were originally posted to Avsim and subsequently lost in one of their crashes.

FSX68
August 24th, 2013, 07:14
Everything I've found so far, information-wise, points to the fact that they were originally posted to Avsim and subsequently lost in one of their crashes.

Yeah That's what I discovered. I just deleted the whole thing as the props and clouds issues turns me off.
I found another nice British Argosy planes that was a port over from fs9 to FSX and it too has that issue with spinning props vs clouds.
Bummer. Was hoping I could find a classic military.civ transport with recip engines and was made for FSX.

Hope a talented FSX airplane maker can model a native C82/C119 or Brit Argosy.