PDA

View Full Version : Any floatplane campaigns/missions?

mksystem
August 23rd, 2013, 02:23
Just curious if there have been any exclusively waterborne missions/campaigns? Any info very much appreciated, thanks.:cool:

Discus
August 23rd, 2013, 04:49
Hi mksystem

Thereīs a single floatplane mission for a Swordfish in the Med. It had something to do with the Rodney.

There are two others, but they are for flying boats. (Do-24)

Inside two of Ramiīs campaigns: "Condors" and "Heinkels" there are two missions in which you fly a Do-24.

The first of the Condor Campaign. If I remember well, at the time I flew the mission the campaign was called "Dorniers and Condors". I think itīs a search in the Bay of Biscay.

The other, in the Heinkels Campaign, is a flight through the Med from Italy to Afrika.

I like flying sea planes a lot. Arado 196, Sunderland. The Bv128 is like flying a brick. And the Bv222 doesnīt fly like the big plane it is at all.

Cheers, Discus

Rami
August 23rd, 2013, 06:56
Discus,

You have it exactly right....In the Kondors campaign you fly twice...once as a transport from Germany to Norway, and another (the final mission) in the Bay of Biscay. (I retired the older "Kondors and Dorniers" long ago when UncleTgt asked me to include mission about the HMS Audacity, which I incorporated into the newer version)

In the Western Desert campaign, the first German mission is aboard a Dornier Do-24 when you fly from Sicily to North Africa.

Mksystem,

Otherwise, I'm afraid I don't find much use for them. Have you considered dipping a toe into the MB pool?

kdriver
August 23rd, 2013, 07:18
Daniel Hamblin made a Sunderland base - RAF Mountbatten in Plymouth Harbour back in 2002. It's still waiting for a mission or two to be made.

Shadow Wolf 07
August 23rd, 2013, 11:57
There is my old, fictional "BlackCat Strike" mission: "2 Missions included - Runway and Sea take off. 21 February, 1943. Launch from Henderson at dusk to make a night torpedo and bombing raid on Japanese forces, marshalling at Rabaul. Several USN subs are on station to pick you up on the return leg if damaged and low on fuel. Expect heavy FLAK and losses." http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/ldm-silk-icons/download.png

And another Catalina Recon/Strike mission (mission 13) in my "Desperate Battles" campaign.

Finn
August 24th, 2013, 08:24
CFS2 Short CAMPAIGN Battle of Aleutian"Defend Kiska!" by Yoshi, where you fly the seaplane version of the Zero, "Rufe". Very good, though somewhat outdated, i still fly it from time to time.
Finn

Talon
August 24th, 2013, 10:27
[QUOTE=Rami

Have you considered dipping a toe into the MB pool?[/QUOTE]

Rami,

What a sense of Humor you have.Best one I've heard in a long time.:icon_lol:

Here's some PBY's in the Aleutians taking of for an attack on Kiska.