PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Think It Will Happen...

Panther_99FS
August 22nd, 2013, 18:45
That is Button with McLaren in 2014....And now that I think about it, McLaren would probably be better off with Webber instead of Button..:pop4:
-> http://msn.foxsports.com/speed

Ferry_vO
August 23rd, 2013, 06:23
I don't think McLaren have too many options, especially after this failed season.. But next year will be even more about saving tyres and fuel and Jenson could be the right man for the job. He should have been this year too, but the car just isn't good enough. Webber is done with F1 and 'too old' (Only two months older than I am!) to start for a new team. It takes time to build something up and he just doesn't have that.

Ferry_vO
August 23rd, 2013, 06:27
Meanwhile Sauber have signed a 17-year old kid for a race seat next year, under pressure to get funds they signed a deal with Russian investors that included a seat for the son of the owner of the Russian aviation institute. :mad:

Except for a few talents it's all about money these days, the real upcoming talents get no chance..

Panther_99FS
August 23rd, 2013, 08:24
I don't think McLaren have too many options, especially after this failed season.. But next year will be even more about saving tyres and fuel and Jenson could be the right man for the job. He should have been this year too, but the car just isn't good enough. Webber is done with F1 and 'too old' (Only two months older than I am!) to start for a new team. It takes time to build something up and he just doesn't have that.

I know Webber is done...
But Red Bull went with Coulthard in the twilight of his career to form a baseline. McLaren should've offered Webber a one-year contract while playing it season by season.

Also,
If you analyze the McLaren & Mercedes seasons this year, it appears on the surface that Hamilton is more capable at developing a car than Button is.

Ferry_vO
August 23rd, 2013, 09:22
I think Mercedes have a better staff than McLaren have at the moment, more money and two better drivers.. But with a big rule change coming up next year, you'll want a stable driver line-up, someone with experience who can compare old vs. new for you, and that's even more important for 2015 when Honda will return to F1 in the back of the McLaren.

I hope Webber will enjoy his new career in the WEC/Le Mans, where there will be new rules too. Basically the only limit at Le Mans will be the amount of energy needed to complete one lap. Whether you want to do this with petrol, Diesel, electric, hybrid, jet engine or whatever is up to the constructor!

Another interesting rumor: Next year's F1 engines are well-suited for Le Mans too it seems, so we could perhaps see a return of Mercedes, Renault and even Ferrari to the 24 Hours....?

Panther_99FS
August 23rd, 2013, 10:15
But with a big rule change coming up next year, you'll want a stable driver line-up, someone with experience who can compare old vs. new for you,

And with Webber IMHO being faster & able to develop a car better than Button, McLaren should've hired Webber on with a one year contract. :mixedsmi: