PDA

View Full Version : Help with a FS9 to CFS2 aircraft conversion

tgycgijoes
August 21st, 2013, 05:29
Once upon a time...not a fairy tale...Paul Rebuffat had a CFS2 T4M-1 Torpedo Truck in the Flight Sim Community Downloads but it appears to have vanished and he no longer has an active website. First to save a lot of time and trouble does anyone here have the file you can send me?

If not then I need some .mdl help if you can. I have successfully used Ivan Hsu's conversion of the .mdl file in the FS9 T4M-1 I downloaded. The program says it was successfully converted. When I upload the aircraft to CFS2, it is in the Aircraft files if you explore them. It also appears in the Quickcom.db under bombers. BUT, a big BUT. It does not appear in any menus when you bring up the program. I read somewhere I thought that when making conversions get an air file from a CFS2 similar aircraft so I uploaded Paul Clawson's BG-1 air file and renamed it but still no T4M-1 in the menus. Anyone got any ideas? Thank you.

Richard

No Dice
August 21st, 2013, 06:20
I am thinking it could be the sound file, possibly not a CFS2 sound file?

Dave

tgycgijoes
August 21st, 2013, 07:06
Hi Dave,

Thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately it didn't make any difference. I checked the Devastor and the Avenger which are also torpedo planes. Their sound is aliased to the Zero so I thought like you, ok...I copied the sound file from the Avenger to the T4M and renamed the sound file to .bak but it did not make any difference. I also saw a comment in Simviation that said even though the .mdl was converted, some residual FS9 lines remain and will keep it from working. I am going to try re-converting to FS2002 which didn't work the first time but may this time and THEN convert the FS2002 to CFS2. Will see if that works.

tgycgijoes
August 21st, 2013, 09:31
I sent an email to David Wooster but his email account is defunct at aol.com Does anyone know if Dave is still a member here or how to get in contact with him about the .mdl file for this a/c. Or if I'm real lucky, Dave, are you reading this and can help me please.

Richard

Desert Rat
August 21st, 2013, 10:16
I sent an email to David Wooster but his email account is defunct at aol.com Does anyone know if Dave is still a member here or how to get in contact with him about the .mdl file for this a/c. Or if I'm real lucky, Dave, are you reading this and can help me please.

Richard

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?3583-this4dave2

PM him or leave a visitor message?

Shessi
August 21st, 2013, 15:11
Hi T,
Having just DL'd the model and taken a look, I think I know what the problem is.

In the panel folder delete the panel.cfg file. In Fs9 this .cfg allows a default panel to be aliased to the ac, but CFS2 does not have that facility. Or delete the whole panel folder and replace with another panel from a CFS2 working ac of similar model etc.

Cheers

Shessi

tgycgijoes
August 21st, 2013, 16:40
Hi Shessi,

Thanks for the suggestion but even aliasing a CFS2 panel didn't help. I hope that Dave answers cause he's the one who created this FS9 from a CFS2 T4M and should be able to tell me what to do with HIS creation to make it work in CFS2. Thank you for trying.

I just went to the Mission Builder and every T4M-1 Aircraft is there in the aircraft list. ??????????????? I am going to look at each file in CFS2 and see what I missed listing these in why they don't appear there. I'm confused.

Richard

Shessi
August 22nd, 2013, 13:34
Well T,
It seems to be ok for me. The three T4 packs include a sound file, just combine them and pack 2 for the texs. I re-did the alpha channel on the prop, so more see through. All the animations work.

The only annoying thing is that the prop boss disappears at high revs on the float version, unfortunately this is an mdl fault that was missed when constructed, otherwise a fine ac.

Cheers Shessi

Oh yes and used a Curtis P6 CFS2 panel which fits quite well.