PDA

View Full Version : Sim Skunk Works F84-F - project update

PLUTO16
August 20th, 2013, 13:42
Hi all,
This just to inform that the "Hog" project of SSW is in progress,in these hours we are finishing the external texturing,to jump into the cockpit next week. Systems and models are completed,is just a matter of texturing,so we are not very far from the goal.
These are briefly the features of this project:

MODEL
=====
High detailed model,fully animated
High detailed 3D cockpit, fully animated and working
Frame rate friendly in single and multi player, it cames in two versions:
- 'SOLO' for single player use
- 'UBUNTU' optimized for multiplayer
- Complete 3D-lights systems both internal and external

TEXTURES
========
Included liveries for all the Italy Air Force Groups that had theThunderstreak in fleet,plus a variety of NATO and USAF skins(included also the complete set for "Getti Tonanti" displayteam of Italian Air Force)

SYSTEMS
========
- Almost all real system have been modelled and are working as the real thing was
- Flight dynamics modeled 99% close to real airplane
- DDIS (Dynamic Drag Index System)
- Fully functional APG-30 radar
- Aircraft configurator for payload and refuelling
- Air refuelling in both single and multiplayer mode, in single player a KC-135 tanker can be called during flight
- Payload fully congruent in both single and multiplayer mode
- Aerodynamic pitch up and inertia coupling reproduced
- Payload drop actually changes airplane weight,balance and drag index (DDIS)
- A-4 gunsight system reproduced:
*Manual and automatic bombing system
* Rocket launch
* Air toair gun firing with manual and auto range using APG-30 radar
* Continuosly computed lead angle for gun firing
- Special weapon delivery system (LABS, will be implemented on the next version)

WEAPONS ON MULTIPLAYER
===========
- Model runs nicely on multiplayer, it loads, drops/launch MK83/Rockets/Gun, weapondrop/blast and missile launch are visible both in single and multiplayer mode with no or negligible FSX server clogging, tested and verified with up to 15 players and weapons.

OTHERS
======
Model comes with complete docs:
- Normal/weapons procedures checklists
- Real aircraft manual
- Other useful docs
- Support forumaccount
- All version 1.x upgrading and patches at no cost.
- Full detailed paint kit available for painters (It will be published later)
- GPL (restricted) licensed

NOTE: F-84 F S runs flawlessly in FSX - ACC PACK and Prepar3D, can't work properly on FSXSP1 or SP2.

These are some WIP pictures for the external model:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/bluesky7777/2_zps349c1bc5.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/bluesky7777/5_zps45271be7.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/bluesky7777/hog_zps11bb2183.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/bluesky7777/baremetal_zpsae6a5615.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/bluesky7777/6_zpsdbfd575e.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/bluesky7777/hoggy_zpsbb2140a5.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/bluesky7777/4_zpsa6f6d6b6.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/bluesky7777/fhfghh_zpsceb74027.jpg

Cheers
/Ale

YoYo
August 20th, 2013, 14:12
Keep fingers crossed! Looks pretty good!

Barfly
August 20th, 2013, 14:22
Beautiful work! Will be a great companion to the Milviz F-86F.

PRB
August 20th, 2013, 14:45
That's beautiful. Love the combat jets of this era. Alphasim and others did a great job with these planes for FS9 and "early FSX". Looking forward to this one.

FlameOut
August 20th, 2013, 15:26
Dang, she sure is pretty !!! :applause:

stovall
August 20th, 2013, 16:02
Looking really good. Will definitely be keeping my eyes open for this one. Thanks for the update.

pbearsailor
August 20th, 2013, 16:16
I really look forward to this one!

If anyone wants a good read while waiting for it, Richard Bach's "Stranger to the Ground" is to me one of the all time great books purely about flying. It's about one flight in an F-84F.

cheers,
steve :wavey:

luckydog
August 20th, 2013, 18:35
Can't wait !! Here's a pic of my father with the 78th Bushmasters........

ColoKent
August 20th, 2013, 19:19
...please-- paintkit & external fuel tanks?

Looks awesome!

Kent

cortomalteseit
August 20th, 2013, 22:33
SYSTEMS
========
- Almost all real system have been modelled and are working as the real thing was
- Flight dynamics modeled 99% close to real airplane
- DDIS (Dynamic Drag Index System)
- Fully functional APG-30 radar
- Aircraft configurator for payload and refuelling
- Air refuelling in both single and multiplayer mode, in single player a KC-135 tanker can be called during flight
- Payload fully congruent in both single and multiplayer mode
- Aerodynamic pitch up and inertia coupling reproduced
- Payload drop actually changes airplane weight,balance and drag index (DDIS)
- A-4 gunsight system reproduced:
*Manual and automatic bombing system
* Rocket launch
* Air toair gun firing with manual and auto range using APG-30 radar
* Continuosly computed lead angle for gun firing
- Special weapon delivery system (LABS, will be implemented on the next version)
OTHERS
======
Model comes with complete docs:
- Normal/weapons procedures checklists
- Real aircraft manual
- Other useful docs
- Support forumaccount
- All version 1.x upgrading and patches at no cost.
- Full detailed paint kit available for painters (It will be published later)
- GPL (restricted) licensed

...please-- paintkit & external fuel tanks?

Looks awesome!

Kent

Aircraft configurator features and paintkit are in the list ;)
Thank you a lot for the update of this aircraft, it looks really fantastic!!!
cheers, mate :cost1::medals:

DaveQ
August 20th, 2013, 23:53
Can't wait for this one! Thanks to all at SSW:salute:

DaveQ

findus
August 21st, 2013, 00:19
I´m really looking forward to fly this awesome bird. Thx for the addition of a not so often modelled aircraft to the FSX hangar!

ColoKent
August 21st, 2013, 00:31
....I missed seeing both on the list-- "Do'oh!"

This is going to be a GREAT airplane!!!

Kent

merida72
August 21st, 2013, 06:09
Can't wait for this aircraft! :icon29::icon29:

PLUTO16
August 21st, 2013, 11:14
Only a small addition: when published the model will be freely downloadable and fully usable for a time of about 10 minutes.
To remove the time limitation purchasing of the activation key is needed.
This is done to allow users a reasonable time to evaluate the model before to buy it, no blind purchase then.

Regards

SIM SKUNK WORKS

Mach3DS
August 21st, 2013, 11:43
Fabulous! I'm very excited for this one. One question: Are you planning on making this one TacPack enabled in the future?

Geomitrak
August 21st, 2013, 13:09
Can't wait !! Here's a pic of my father with the 78th Bushmasters........

Great photo !

delta_lima
August 21st, 2013, 14:21
Outstanding news!

I know it's a considerable request, but is there any appetite to consider the RF-84F? Roughly a fifth of the swept-wing F-84s were the reconnaissance model, and were used extensively both in the USAF and air arms around the world. Could also be an expansion pack, potentially, for a small fee atop the base model.

Either way, availability of the recce model would not only be most appreciated - I believe it would also be very well received from the SOH customer base and those abroad. Just a suggestion.

Bravo on what looks like a phenomenal piece of work.

Kind regards,

DL

stansdds
August 21st, 2013, 15:25
It looks real nice and makes me think of the very early 1970's when the Virginia Air National Guard flew F-84F's.

Pips
August 21st, 2013, 15:47
Fantastic! Love the early 50's jets. Ya gotta wonder though how a pilot managed to see outta the thing, the cockpit canopy framing is soooo heavy.

PLUTO16
August 21st, 2013, 22:54
Fabulous! I'm very excited for this one. One question: Are you planning on making this one TacPack enabled in the future?

Hi,
we have our set of working weapons,in single and multiplayer situations.

PLUTO16
August 21st, 2013, 23:00
Outstanding news!

I know it's a considerable request, but is there any appetite to consider the RF-84F? Roughly a fifth of the swept-wing F-84s were the reconnaissance model, and were used extensively both in the USAF and air arms around the world. Could also be an expansion pack, potentially, for a small fee atop the base model.

Either way, availability of the recce model would not only be most appreciated - I believe it would also be very well received from the SOH customer base and those abroad. Just a suggestion.

Bravo on what looks like a phenomenal piece of work.

Kind regards,

DL

Is indeed a request and a question we made ourself many times in the last months.. Yes,it would be very nice,we all love also the "Flash",but is simply a matter of time,we have other project waiting in the list (Tornado,T33,G-91,ecc).
But never say never,is also good collect feelings and suggestions,and I thank you for this!

Ale

FlameOut
August 22nd, 2013, 02:41
When the time is right, please do release an "RF" version to add to this pkg. :salute:

ColoKent
August 25th, 2013, 19:21
....I have to say that the F-104G and F-104S are EXCELLENT! The flight model seems very realistic (for example the need to not drop below 83% RPM on approach or you'll lose BLC and start rolling!!!). All in all, a Zipper drivers dream!

As a result, I'm very much looking forward to the F-84F-- I too would love an RF-84F variant, but it sounds like that won't happen.

Kent

mal998
August 26th, 2013, 02:59
Great looking plane. Might just be the screen shots, but the forward windscreen frame looks a bit too thick. Won't keep me away though. I actually saw the Thunderbirds fly this plane in a show at Republic Aviation in 1952 (I think) as my uncle worked there for many years. One of my favorites.

Rubberlegs
August 29th, 2013, 13:27
Hey SSW !...I'll take this lovely piece of hardware anyway you want to roll her out..."Worts and All" You just have to love anything that
rolled off the assembly-lines from the 1950's to the 1970's. So many types and so quickly trying to keep pace with flight-tech advances. Added bonus was all that bare-metal and all the multitude of colourful markings that were applied !....... Bring on the paint-kit.!
Excuse me while I grab the hammer and remove the glass Piggy-Bank from my Fltsim shelf.

Fly High...Punch Holes in the Sky !

Walt