PDA

View Full Version : F-16D of Iris. Where is it?

YoYo
August 20th, 2013, 09:02
Hi,
last time I take my one old CD from many (perhaps from 2009 or 2010) with backup of addons and found my old purchase - F-16D Viper from Iris Sim.

92204 92205

This model is still good with nice avionics and systems, good manual, nice FPS (not like in PC-21 ;) )... but noticed than Iris stops selling this model now.
Do You know why? No in PcAviator, Simmarket, Flightsimstore....ect.

hschuit
August 20th, 2013, 09:25
The story goes that Michael Hagele, owner of Triple Six Design Studio, the model's designer is one of 3 recent developers that where not paid by Iris hence why it was withdrawn from sale.

There is an interesting read on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/IRIS.STEALS

aircav1970
August 20th, 2013, 09:28
Iris discontinued the F-16 Viper last year and the site has a link on their homepage called the "Boneyard" where they advertise any updates or such for the Viper when and IF they become available. Seeing as how Iris is no longer working with that bird it probably won't be getting any new updates at this point. I own one also and it's too bad they are letting it go, it was a great bird.....

edit: Thanks for the link hschuit,I had not read the reason behind all the stuff happening at Iris but it makes a little more sense now that I have. I just don't frequent Avsim so I hadn't heard about any of this.

dhazelgrove
August 20th, 2013, 09:45
Best not to pursue this any further, don't you think?

Dave

stovall
August 20th, 2013, 11:16
"Iris discontinued the F-16 Viper last year." aircav1970, has said about all that needs to be said here. End of story.

YoYo
August 20th, 2013, 11:50
Ups, I see than I touched sensitive topic :kilroy: . Didnt know this.
Thx for reply!

strykerpsg
August 20th, 2013, 12:20
The story goes that Michael Hagele, owner of Triple Six Design Studio, the model's designer is one of 3 recent developers that where not paid by Iris hence why it was withdrawn from sale.

There is an interesting read on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/IRIS.STEALS

Thanks for the link. Just confirms what keeps being ignored or unspoken.

Roger
August 20th, 2013, 12:48
In recent times there have been innumerable accusations by various developers against others regarding theft/ non-payment of models. We support simming and that is why we exist. As a site dedicated only to simming, we do not have the resources to be able to come to any conclusions about such matters so we ask that such discussions be limited to the relevant developers forums.

Smudge
August 20th, 2013, 16:43
Guys, the bottom line is that we're no longer contracted to distribute the product, as often happens if a product reaches the end of it's shelf life or agreed sales term. As for specific reasons more detailed than that, if Michael want's to make a public statement, that's his choice. Our position as it always has been is that we won't be drawn into public airing of various dirty laundry on issues which are private between ourselves and our contractors.

We are aware of the IRIS steals page and it's authors & contributors, legal advice has been sought and the decision on wether we consider further action to be warranted is ours alone. It is a hateful page made up of rumour and conjecture in the most part or single sided biased arguments. Needless to say I give it about as much credence and credibility as it deserves.

Haters will hate, those who want a more informed opinion have approached us for both sides of the story...of which there have been none. That either tells you no-one really gives hate pages like that credibility, or no-one really cares what they think.

For me, This is the last I'll say on the matter, Karen is currently in hospital, I have her to concern myself with her and my family. Crap like this is not my priority at the moment! :)

David.

stovall
August 20th, 2013, 16:56
Thanks David for your comments. In fact I wish to thank all who responded to the original post. This means thanks to everyone who posted on both sides of the mentioned issue involving IRIS. As stated by Roger above "we do not have the resources to be able to come to any conclusions on any issue."

We are here to support flight simulation and help members of SOH in any way possible.

This is a good time to close this thread.