PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting the viewpoint in the Carenado C152 FSX

CrazyPants
January 14th, 2009, 17:40
Hey guys, I was just wondering if there is any way to adjust the default vc viewpoint for the Cessna 152....it feels like my face is right up on the panel!! I hear there's a way to do it in the panel.cfg, but I don't know how. I use trackir too, if that helps.

Thanks!!

Joe

DaveKDEN
January 14th, 2009, 18:25
Hey guys, I was just wondering if there is any way to adjust the default vc viewpoint for the Cessna 152....it feels like my face is right up on the panel!! I hear there's a way to do it in the panel.cfg, but I don't know how. I use trackir too, if that helps.

Thanks!!

Joe

The adjustment for any aircraft's vc eyepoint is made in the aircraft.cfg file in the eyepoint = section. The three figures represent fore/aft, left/right, up/down position. Use small adjustments first (e.g., 0.05 increments from the original setting). You need to re-load the specific aircraft after each adjustment to the aircraft.cfg file. Make sure you save a back-up copy of the original settings first!!!

drmckee
January 14th, 2009, 19:19
Shift+Enter, Shift+Backspace, I think. I am Not currently in the sim. It Might be CTRL+SHIFT and Enter or Backspace, but I think that moves left and right in the VC.

To 'raise the seat in the VC, hold down the CTRL and press Q and hold it while the "power seat" rises. Press SPACE to reset the view to default.

Pepere
January 14th, 2009, 19:21
Here is a sample from an aircraft.cfg file:

[Views]
eyepoint = 96.00, -1.85, 4.55

What the numbers do:

First number "96.00" = foward and back (higher number forward)

Second number "-1.85" = left and right (higher number moves it right)

Third number "4.55" = up and down (higher number moves it up)

David :wave:

CrazyPants
January 14th, 2009, 22:36
Thanks so much!! Will give it a try....:wiggle:

Dangerous Beans
January 14th, 2009, 23:58
Here's the numbers I use for the C152

[Views]
eyepoint=-2.95,-0.75,1.10

I also have wideViewAspect=True set in my FSX.cfg which will make a difference

Dexdoggy
January 15th, 2009, 11:47
I mapped the arrow keys and page up / down keys to cater for quick seat adjustments!