PDA

View Full Version : Alphasim MV-22 Osprey

WarHorse47
August 19th, 2013, 07:08
This should be a straightforward question.

I just installed the AlphaSim Osprey in FSX along with Rob Barendregt's gauges and BanannaBob's props. I also have the Osprey in FS9.

Every repaint for this bird is for FS9. So the texture files are BMP format vs. DDS format, and the texture file structure is different in that FSX uses a common texture folder and texture.cfg files for each of the textures.

My question is can the FS9 texture folders co-exist with the FSX texture folders? I don't want to do any conversions, but just copy and past from FS9 to FSX.

So I was wondering if anyone else has done this and if there is anything I need to consider. Of course pointing me to DDS repaints would be preferred, but I just cannot find any.

Thanks.

falcon409
August 19th, 2013, 07:12
No problem, copy over just as you have it in FS9. Not everything in FSX uses the "common" texture folder. If you look at an FSX aircraft.cfg file you will see some additional lines of info for each installed livery, if desired you can add those to your FS9 info, otherwise, not much difference.:salute:

hschuit
August 19th, 2013, 07:15
It should be no problem to use .BMP format in FSX and the FS9 texture folder structure as well. The only caviat is that some FS9 models have graphical issues in FSX (glass / prop disks or parts of the VC not showing properly) but that has nothing to do with the use of BMP vs DDS. The other thing to consider is that the FSX aliased texture folder structure might save a lot of diskspace.

WarHorse47
August 19th, 2013, 07:42
Thanks for the responses. Looks like I figured it out.

The FSX Osprey doesn't have the DDS files, but instead uses BMP files AND a common texture folder. If I just copy the FS9 texture folder, it overrides the common texture folder causing a loss of gauges in the cockpit.

I was able to bring over one of the textures by using just specific BMP files and adding a texture.cfg file.

Now its a matter of following the same procedure for the other FS9 texture folders.

Upward and onward.

Thanks again.