August 19th, 2013, 06:48
Can't wait for the first time Kurt mouths off to Smoke! :applause:

stansdds
August 20th, 2013, 01:55
This ought to be interesting.

Panther_99FS
August 20th, 2013, 08:52
Can't wait for the first time Kurt mouths off to Smoke! :applause:

In a lot of ways, they are similar - might be a plus for SHR...One thing is certain, Busch is arguably doing better in an underfunded team than Newman did with a multi-car & better funded team.

Panther_99FS
August 20th, 2013, 09:15
Addendum: -> http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/stewart-haas-racing-may-be-unstoppable-by-adding-kurt-busch-081913#!hOIow

..One of Newman’s strongest selling points is his degree in engineering, which offers him a unique understanding of race cars. However, Busch’s feedback from behind the wheel is considered some of the best in the garage....

...“Kurt has a great understanding for the car,” Harvick said. “This weekend was the first time we incorporated some of the things that they’re doing on their car to what we’re doing. The car definitely had a lot more speed than it has the last couple of weeks.”..

stansdds
August 20th, 2013, 15:49
..One of Newman’s strongest selling points is his degree in engineering, which offers him a unique understanding of race cars. However, Busch’s feedback from behind the wheel is considered some of the best in the garage....

Really? So a tirade of obscenities is considered giving good feedback? Oh, I'm sure Kurt's a changed man now, no longer uses the f-bomb in every sentence. :icon_lol:

Panther_99FS
August 20th, 2013, 16:46
Really? So a tirade of obscenities is considered giving good feedback? Oh, I'm sure Kurt's a changed man now, no longer uses the f-bomb in every sentence. :icon_lol:

Kevin Harvick himself stated they've been much faster since they began using Kurt's feedback - Temper and feedback capability are 2 different things. Ryan Newman is perfect example of this. Apparently his engineering degree hasn't helped him much in delivering usable feedback to his various crew chiefs.

stansdds
August 21st, 2013, 02:03
Being an engineer does not necessarily mean you can communicate effectively with others. It also does not mean you have the aggressive spirit coupled with wisdom and temperament that it takes to be a race winner.

Panther_99FS
August 27th, 2013, 14:21
Interesting blurb here from Kurt about the Penske atmosphere....

...Plus, Busch had trouble acclimating to the Penske open-wheel culture that relied more on engineering than driver feedback. It was tough for a driver who has tremendous feel and prefers to be hands-on and offer input on setup and strategies to work with people who didn’t want his advice...

-> http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/lee-spencer-kurt-busch-stewart-haas-racing-best-move-of-career-082613#!hVjGR

I suspect that with the arrival of Keselowski, Penske personnel decided to listen more to driver feedback...Harvick said Kurt's feedback is amongst the best in the garage and it's showing with Furniture Row....

Terry
August 28th, 2013, 03:32
Now they say this move was done behind Tony's back while in the hospital. This is not going to end well between Tony and Carl.

Panther_99FS
August 28th, 2013, 05:54
Where did you see this at :ques:
And it's Gene Haas, not Carl....:mixedsmi:

Daveroo
August 28th, 2013, 06:50
Gene Haas responsible for deal with Kurt Busch: Gene Haas wanted to build a dream team, with an opportunity to see his name in Victory Lane. He wasn't going to let Tony Stewart stand in his way of making that happen. Haas admitted Tuesday he went rogue in courting Kurt Busch for a non-existent fourth team at Stewart-Haas Racing while Stewart was incapacitated with a broken leg earlier this month. When he finally brought his business partner up to speed on his expansion plans, Stewart balked. But Haas forged ahead anyway with a multi-year offer to Busch, who was introduced Tuesday as the newest driver at SHR, where officials are now scrambling to make room at an organization that will double from two cars in 2012 to four next season. "I don't think Tony was exactly enthralled with what I did," Haas said. "But I think he saw it my way, you know? Either that or get out of the building." Haas was laughing during two different recollections Tuesday of how he sidestepped Stewart during the lightning-fast courtship of Busch, which apparently began at a General Motors dinner in Indianapolis before the Brickyard in late July and ended last weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway with Busch accepting Haas' offer. "Tony was very much in favor of the fourth team," [SHR competition director Greg] Zipadelli said. "What Tony was against was us trying to get it done for next year, just so you don't read anything more into it. Tony was in the hospital. Tony didn't know the discussions that were going on. When we all met and talked about it and assured him we would do our best to make sure things didn't slip through the cracks, it took him a couple days to process it.(Associated Press / ESPN (http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/9606553/gene-haas-put-deal-together-kurt-busch-own))(8-28-2013)

stansdds
August 29th, 2013, 01:33
Oh, yeah, this is going to get interesting.

Panther_99FS
August 29th, 2013, 12:22
I don't think things will flare up. Tony's just going to have to suck it up if he doesn't want a negative air to spread throughout the team.

PRB
August 29th, 2013, 17:02
Something about this story doesn't quite add up. Business partners? This isn't the way business partners, on good terms, normally behave. And that comment by Haas that Tony could just "get out of the building" if he didn't like it, sounds more like discontent than amicability... And both Tony and Harvick have had "issues" with Kurt Busch in the past. I don't see good things for SHR next year. The word "un-glueing" comes to mind...

EasyEd
August 29th, 2013, 17:45
Hey All,

This'll be one heck of an interesting group.

If Curt has learned to control his mouth - I will freely admit - he is one hell of a driver - better by far than his brother. I've no doubt he knows what the car is doing and what he wants.

I've always been in Harv's corner - I know how tough you have to be to come outta Bakersfield - Ask Buck or Merle.

Stewart is a talented driver but it is more equipment than him.

Danica - Hmmm - keep giving her good cars and she will win eventually.

At the end of the day the driver and CC are the biggest elements of a team. How well they communicate will determine their level of success - ask Jimmie and Chad.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
August 29th, 2013, 19:02
One thing is certain. Stewart-Haas will have arguably the 3 most hot-tempered drivers in NASCAR all on the same team! :icon_lol:
Which actually could be a positive thing. If another driver causes an "injustice" to Stewart, Busch, or Harvick....just imagine the wrath of all 3 drivers on that driver...:icon_lol:

Panther_99FS
August 30th, 2013, 21:02
"Meet The Press" With Tony Stewart
-> http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/tony-stewart-will-meet-the-press-this-could-get-interesting-nascar-sprint-0813013#!h2Xpr

Daveroo
August 31st, 2013, 07:32
One thing is certain. Stewart-Haas will have arguably the 3 most hot-tempered drivers in NASCAR all on the same team! :icon_lol:
Which actually could be a positive thing. If another driver causes an "injustice" to Stewart, Busch, or Harvick....just imagine the wrath of all 3 drivers on that driver...:icon_lol:

i cant wait for the day the three of them are racing for the lead at daytona and they all wad up out of turn 4 and then fight!!

Panther_99FS
August 31st, 2013, 08:10
i cant wait for the day the three of them are racing for the lead at daytona and they all wad up out of turn 4 and then fight!!

Might want to look for Edwards, Stewart, & Keselowski for that...

Cazzie
September 2nd, 2013, 13:18
In all my years I have yet to find an engineer, mathematician, or physicist, who could carry on a conversation with a layman. They all possess one flaw, they have to be exact.

stansdds
September 2nd, 2013, 13:47
Well said, Caz.