PDA

View Full Version : FOXSports "Speed"

Panther_99FS
August 17th, 2013, 17:01
http://msn.foxsports.com/speed
My initial thoughts - Not as good as SPEEDTV was. :gameoff:

Terry
August 18th, 2013, 04:11
If they can refrain from joining racing programs in progress due to stick and ball time overruns it will be tolerable. Biggest problem so far was the loss of Wind Tunnel.

aircav1970
August 18th, 2013, 06:00
I don't like the change either......

stansdds
August 18th, 2013, 06:55
TV networks work on a simple principle, money. They will try different shows, events, whatever, and watch for viewer reaction as expressed by the number of people watching the program. Programming that attracts lots of viewers means lots of money spent by advertisers placing commercials to be run during the popular programs. If FoxSports starts running coverage of curling, and 40,000 people watch it, then they cover a NASCAR race and 100,000 people watch, guess which program will get more coverage? NASCAR still has a huge fan base and I think that since the economy has tanked, many fans who used to attend races are now watching them on tv.

Panther_99FS
August 18th, 2013, 08:09
Outside of FOXSports/NASCAR
The in-depth coverage of other forms of motorsports just isn't there like it was during the SPEED era.....

Terry
August 18th, 2013, 08:26
Outside of FOXSports/NASCAR
The in-depth coverage of other forms of motorsports just isn't there like it was during the SPEED era.....

There were only two shows that covered all motor sports, Wind Tunnel and Speed Report. Both are gone leaving none on TV that I know of.

Panther_99FS
August 18th, 2013, 09:33
There were only two shows that covered all motor sports, Wind Tunnel and Speed Report. Both are gone leaving none on TV that I know of.

Television wise, yup...But I was referring to the written content......

Victory103
August 18th, 2013, 13:23
A few missed camera angles today for the Indy MotoGP, and I don't need the ticker at bottom telling me about ARod every 2 minutes. Sucks.

PRB
August 18th, 2013, 14:06
If you're a racing fan only (no other sports interest you) then this new program might suck. And if you loved watching car auctions and endless reruns of "Pinks" and "Passtime", then this new program might really (really) suck... Me, I'm not much into many other sports (except maybe baseball), and I don't miss "pinks", nor "passtime" (well ok, I will miss (Miss) Paige, the 'car wrangler'), nor "how to work on your hotrod". I don't even miss "Trackside", or even "Race Day", for that matter. Hey, at least Race Day is now, mercifully, only one hour long! How long am I supposed to keep that "mayhem meter" pegged anyway? Long story short, racing coverage is still covered, enough, so I'm fine with it. The only thing I will miss is Dave Despain.

Terry
August 21st, 2013, 04:22
Today Camping World Truck qualifying and Whelen Modified race at Bristol will be carried on Fox Sports 2. Does anyone have that, I sure don't? I found it in a more expensive Dish package but it's not worth the added expense. Now we know why SPEED was better! :a1451:

Daveroo
August 21st, 2013, 08:57
i have it..it is the old "Fuel"...what gets me..i have directv..and the nationwide race for friday night isnt listed on my program lineup......i dont get it..

Panther_99FS
August 21st, 2013, 13:51
Today Camping World Truck qualifying and Whelen Modified race at Bristol will be carried on Fox Sports 2. Does anyone have that, I sure don't? I found it in a more expensive Dish package but it's not worth the added expense. Now we know why SPEED was better! :a1451:

Guess I'm lucky...I've got FOXSports2 here on Time-Warner cable....(Channel 264)

PRB
August 21st, 2013, 14:15
I just found the Fox Sports 2 channel by accident, 398 or some such, on the Dish system. It's in very low resolution non-HD.

Panther_99FS
August 21st, 2013, 14:41
I just found the Fox Sports 2 channel by accident, 398 or some such, on the Dish system. It's in very low resolution non-HD.

Yeah me too - I was trying to find the HD version of the channel but there appears to be none....

Daveroo
August 21st, 2013, 18:15
FS1 (219) and FS2 (618) on directv are both in HD,mater of fact they show as FS1HD and FS2HD on the guide...and for some odd reason the nationwide race now shows at 5pm for me friday night....

demorier
August 22nd, 2013, 00:43
Whichever way you go one needs a recording device. The ad's just kill everything.

Terry
August 22nd, 2013, 03:32
I used to get ARCA races too, now that has gone to NBCSC. Strange how some of the cheap stations are placed in the most expensive packages. If you want to see all the racing you are forced to buy the second most expensive package they have. And DISH ought to quit the phony commercials picking on Directv as they are absolutely no better.