PDA

View Full Version : Flysimware Bell 47 Sioux FSX,P3D Update v1.6

OleBoy
August 15th, 2013, 11:50
Just got this email for those of you who have this model.

Dear simMarket Customer,
at simMarket you can now find a new version of your product:

FLYSIMWARE - BELL 47G & SIOUX H-13 FSX/P3D 2013

You will find the link to download this update from your user account -> orders listing -> respective detailed order page on the bottom.

Flysimware_Bell47FSX-P3D_REV1.6.zip

The installer is a complete replacement for previous versions,
existing customers just need to remove the old version and install the new one.

Paul Anderson
August 15th, 2013, 14:54
Thanks for the heads up.
I got mine at fspilotshop, does not appear to be updated there yet, will check again in a few days.

Paul Anderson
August 16th, 2013, 16:04
Saw an update on flysimware site for aircraft.cfg which helps yaw twitches.
Re. 1.6 version, they say allow for 5 to 15 days for stores to update.
Don't see any list of revisions.
Anything you can say about what has been improved?
Thanks in advance.

OleBoy
August 16th, 2013, 17:22
I'd originally bought the helicopter before (I think) the Christmas holidays after release. Shortly there after I moved on to Prepar3D flightsim, where upon the installation program did not work for that simulator.
I contacted Mark about the installer not giving the option to install it in Prepar3D, and I was told at that time the only option was to buy (again) an installer made specifically for P3D. Of which I declined making the purchase.

It's been so long since I flown it I don't know what's changed or has been updated.

Hughes-MDflyer4
August 16th, 2013, 17:45
I found the change list. It is included in the update download:

1. Fixed light configuration and a bug issue.

2. Removed the old pilots hand from the MASH model.

3. Fixed an engine bracket that was attached to a night textures by accident.

4. Updated aircraft.cfg for yaw and damp control.

5. Lowered the overall rotor torque by 10%.

6. Removed VC parts that can't be seen for 30% better frame rates.

7. VC shadows now works with DX10 on.

8. Removed blurred rotor shadow.

9. Darkened texture for tires.

Being a helicopter fanatic, I was a bit let down by the initial release and previous updates. The included fixes seem like they would be nice, but what about the chunky, bland rotor blur? Or the use of default sounds? Or even the bright glare on majority of the VC parts? It has quite a long ways to go before I would consider it great payware. Right now, it'd consider it really good freeware.

I would also say that it is ridiculous to have to pay twice for the same add-on, full price, to use it in Prepar3D and FSX. The aircraft itself is likely unchanged for both sims.

OleBoy
August 16th, 2013, 18:36
Being a helicopter fanatic, I was a bit let down by the initial release and previous updates. The included fixes seem like they would be nice, but what about the chunky, bland rotor blur? Or the use of default sounds? Or even the bright glare on majority of the VC parts? It has quite a long ways to go before I would consider it great payware. Right now, it'd consider it really good freeware.

I would also say that it is ridiculous to have to pay twice for the same add-on, full price, to use it in Prepar3D and FSX. The aircraft itself is likely unchanged for both sims.

I don't recall how it was back when I had it installed in FSX due to a very short time using it.
Also, Mark did offer the P3D installer to me at 1/2 price. I was in no shape to buy it at the time so I passed.

After flying this thing around for awhile I only notice two issues.
1] The fans that blow air on the pilot(s) spin unrealistically slow with no adjustment. (Prepar3D only?)
2] The textures as you mention have a glare (shine) that's rather annoying. (Prepar3D only?)

Also, I looked for videos of a Bell 47. Isn't the main rotor suppose to tilt as you change direction? Sorry I don't know the correct terminology. :kilroy:

Hughes-MDflyer4
August 16th, 2013, 20:50
1] The fans that blow air on the pilot(s) spin unrealistically slow with no adjustment. (Prepar3D only?)
2] The textures as you mention have a glare (shine) that's rather annoying. (Prepar3D only?)

Also, I looked for videos of a Bell 47. Isn't the main rotor suppose to tilt as you change direction? Sorry I don't know the correct terminology. :kilroy:

1. The fans do that in both P3D and FSX. What they really need is a blur state/texture.
2. Everything has a shine in both sims as well

The real 47's rotors tilt in the direction that you push the stick (cyclic), yes. Modern helicopters don't do this to my knowledge (the pitch of the forward blade becomes less than that of the rear blade if you are trying to go forward, for example).

falcon409
August 17th, 2013, 07:06
Thanks for the heads up.
I got mine at fspilotshop, does not appear to be updated there yet, will check again in a few days.
Yep, same here and still no update showing. Last one appears to be from March of this year.

lol, I just decided to download what's available since I can't find the original. . .even if it is only $15, I'm not paying again just to download. Forget it. . .it's not worth $30.

Paul Anderson
August 20th, 2013, 13:15
Yep, same here and still no update showing. Last one appears to be from March of this year.

lol, I just decided to download what's available since I can't find the original. . .even if it is only $15, I'm not paying again just to download. Forget it. . .it's not worth $30.

I see fspilotshop has version 1.6 now, just log into your account and download it again, shows updated August 20 2013.

Note: you should run the uninstall instead of installing over, I think the aircraft folder names have changed (unless I renamed them), starting FSX I got warnings of 2 of each variation and none would show for selection.
Also, new version listed under Bell and not FlySimware.

SkippyBing
August 20th, 2013, 13:47
Modern helicopters don't do this to my knowledge (the pitch of the forward blade becomes less than that of the rear blade if you are trying to go forward, for example).

Oh they do the change in pitch is what causes the disc to tilt in the desired direction.