PDA

View Full Version : Sibwings support

PRB
August 15th, 2013, 07:57
Sibwings Shipmates,

I posted a question on the Sibwings support forum almost a week agao, but it's a ghost town in there. Mine was the last post made. Basically I'm trying to re-install the Birddog on my new computer, but the installer wants to "phone home", then e-mail me a key, but the Sibwings site has an out-of date e-mail address for me, so how do I proceed?

So, if any Sibwings people see this, could you please send somebody over to your support forum to dust the place off? :)

Thanks!

William Njurmi
August 15th, 2013, 08:57
Hopefully they are at the hangar repairing the An-2, which keeps crashing my sim.

Well, usually they get you a new installer in no time. Maybe a holiday season or something...

DX-FMJ
August 15th, 2013, 08:57
Your better off emailing them. support@sibwings.com :salute:

Rudyjo
August 15th, 2013, 12:33
Sibwings makes great planes, but they need to pay more attention to what goes on with their website.

Notice when you go to their homepage, they are still advertising the sale they had last December 15th to January 15th.

PRB
August 15th, 2013, 12:59
Your better off emailing them. support@sibwings.com :salute:

Will try this approach. Thanks!

PRB
August 15th, 2013, 14:59
Just got a reply back from Alex, of Sibwings (good call, DX-FMJ!) He's on vacation and can't hook me up for another week or so, but that's ok. I just wanted somebody to make me feel loved and appreciated, for who I am, you know, rather than ignored. :icon_lol: Got plenty of planes to fly until then. Thanks Alex!

I bought the An-2 during this time, in the hope that buying another product would allow me to update my info, but alas, it wasn't to be. The An-2 is spectacular, by the way. When I bought the L-19 I thought it was the best looking VC I had ever seen. In that department, the An-2 does not disappoint...

Francois
August 15th, 2013, 22:44
What many people in this hobby often do not realize is that many of these well-known 'companies' are often nothing more than one, in best cases two, people organizations, manned by people who ALSO have other jobs or activities on the side as well.

Speaking for myself I know how frustrating it can be at times wanting to give the best possible support to customers, and just having 24 hours in any given day and being on the road, ill or otherwise occupied without 'back-up'.

Fortunately the large majority of customers is very understanding about this, because without that understanding there would not be many companies left in this particular hobby industry :wavey:

Portia911
August 16th, 2013, 15:37
Hear, hear!