PDA

View Full Version : Wakulla County Airport, Panacea, Florida

rdaniell
August 14th, 2013, 13:21
I decided to just go ahead and upload the airport the way I presently have it done. I really saw no reason to make new custom hangers when Sidney Schwartz' would do the job. You'll need to be really careful landing from the north to the south as there are some power lines right at the end of the runway.

Stop in on your way to Dog Island for some BBQ. You just might run into me and Don.

RD

rdaniell
August 15th, 2013, 07:40
...for a little weekend get away.:running: I know it's only Thursday but, hey! I'm retired. Stopped in at Wakulla County for some BBQ before heading on down to Dog Island. Looks like my buddy Don got a late start or something....:sleep:

RD

trucker17
August 15th, 2013, 08:02
...for a little weekend get away.:running: I know it's only Thursday but, hey! I'm retired. Stopped in at Wakulla County for some BBQ before heading on down to Dog Island. Looks like my buddy Don got a late start or something....:sleep:

RD

Nice little airport RD....
Thanks for sharing this one.....

rdaniell
August 15th, 2013, 08:08
Nice little airport RD.... Thanks for sharing this one.....

You are welcome. I expect you're still working but, come on down to Dog Island later this weekend. Watch those power:sheep: lines though if you stop at Wakulla County and have to land to the south.

Man! I can really get into this virtual stuff. Of course my mental age :costum:is about three or four according to my darling wife.

RD

falcon409
August 15th, 2013, 08:22

RD
Man, that is a nice lil' get-away RD. . .nice job once again.

rdaniell
August 15th, 2013, 08:35
Man, that is a nice lil' get-away RD. . .nice job once again.

Thank you. Those power lines are not actually that close to the runway. I was so pleased with finally being able to get them modelled in SketchUp that I just had to use them...:kilroy:

RD

fxsttcb
August 15th, 2013, 11:23
The Power Lines are just like the ones that were at Almont(37G, closed, home airport). 3 Phase lines with the visibility balls the same color! :cool::cool:
I'm working on resurrecting it in FSX, so, your powerlines will be a nice addition.
Almont's were very close. Rwy 27 began right at the edge of the M53 right of way, and those were at the opposite side of the right of way.
A few planes tripped over 'em, over the years. Thankfully, no fatalities.

Anyhoo, Thanks for the BBQ. :) I'm testing my J2F-4 after a minor instrumentation change, I may drop in at Dog Island fer a spaiell...Don

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q756/fxsttcb/Misc/WakullaBBQ_zpsa28b1154.jpg

rdaniell
August 15th, 2013, 11:38
Good choice for a trip down to Dog Island right now. It's been raining all week and the runway is in miserable condition. With your choice of airplanes, you can just land in the water and taxi up to the shore line. Obie311 can get you in that big ole all terrain truck he has down there.

RD

Firekitten
August 15th, 2013, 13:36
Love the airport :) really nice scenery!

Question though, this was designed for normal fsx right? not utx usa? I don't get the grass around the restaurant with that... unless I screwed something up! :D

rdaniell
August 15th, 2013, 13:44
Love the airport :) really nice scenery!

Question though, this was designed for normal fsx right? not utx usa? I don't get the grass around the restaurant with that... unless I screwed something
up! :D

Lordy, you haven't screwed anything up. I continue to tinker with my projects after I've uploaded them. That's why you don't have any grass around the restaurant as seen in my screen shot. I've been messing with making different grasses all week and just sticking them around at this airport as my test site.

I'm glad you like it. Come on down to Dog Island with the rest of the gang.

RD

Firekitten
August 15th, 2013, 14:06
I may well!

I actually own this airport in the FS addon 'virtual economy game' fseconomy... :D so was really happy to see you did this one! :D

if you finish tinkering I'd love a copy of whatever you do to it :)

keep up the good work!

Obie311
August 15th, 2013, 16:59
I'm sure the Unimog could handle it. Think I could get a Saturday night gig for my band (http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/fdhardtymz) at your BBQ joint in Panacea (love that name) ? Nothing goes together like BBQ, Beer, and the Bluez after a hard week of aviatin'.

Smilin' Obie

rdaniell
August 15th, 2013, 18:08
I'm sure the Unimog could handle it. Think I could get a Saturday night gig for my band (http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/fdhardtymz) at your BBQ joint in Panacea (love that name) ? Nothing goes together like BBQ, Beer, and the Bluez after a hard week of aviatin'. Smilin' Obie

No promises...I'll have to check with Mrs. D.:icon_lol: You do have references other than an album cover don't you?

RD

Obie311
August 15th, 2013, 18:18
No promises...I'll have to check with Mrs. D.:icon_lol: You do have references other than an album cover don't you?
RD
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAlkM5VKjK4)
Sure just listen to a couple of the cuts and judge for yourself. We ain't the prettiest that's for sure but we can throw it down at a BBQ joint.
Youtube link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAlkM5VKjK4)

Obie (still smilin')

Flyboy208
August 15th, 2013, 19:47
Loving these scenery creations of yours, now if we could only have a proper Cedar Key for FSX ! Mike :jump: