PDA

View Full Version : way OT: recipe online...mine

Daveroo
August 14th, 2013, 09:17
this is very simple..and simple minded?..lol....but my folks were bored yesterday afternoon,grumpy,hot tired,wanted to "just do burgers",but then mom wanted "tacos"..and they had a battle royal....well not really...mom sat in her chair and dad in his..both yawning and saying..you get up and do what YOU want then!!!....so i wrote up instructions for my "Taco Burgers".and today..i posted it on all recipes.you might not be able to see that link..so..

http://allrecipes.com/recipe-tools/print/recipe.aspx?shareditemid=63731853&typeid=personalrecipe

<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px;">
Taco Burger

</tbody>

Submitted By: Daveroo
Prep Time: 1hr 30
Servings: 4

Cook Time: 25mins

</tbody>
"my family tried this on a whim of mine just for something different..we liked it.we had tired of just burgers on buns.you can change it up anyway you want,whatever your fav toppings are for taco's,use them."
INGREDIENTS:

1-1/2 pounds ground beef or blend with sausage ect.
1 pk Taco Seasoning.
1lg white onion chopped/diced
1or2 Tomato's chopped/diced
1/2 head of lettuce shredded and chopped(small pieces are
easier to use)
1pk shredded Cheese (i recommend mexican style 4 cheese
blend)
1 tub sour cream
1 avocado mashed or use Gaucamole
your favorite Taco Sauce
optional: fried corn or wheat tortilla or toasted bread.

</tbody>
DIRECTIONS:

Mix Ground beef and Taco Seasoning together well,let rest so it "marinade's",an hour or so..heat BBQ or griddle to desired temp and cook burgers until done to your prefered "doneness".at this time fry your tort's and plate,place the done burgers on top,then top with cheese,onions,tomato's,lettuce,taco sauce,a bit more cheese,mashed Avocado,and sour cream and enjoy.

</tbody>

stovall
August 14th, 2013, 09:23
Holy tacos Dave, this sounds really terrific and pretty easy. To early for lunch but really gives me something to think about. Thanks a million.

ViperPilot2
August 14th, 2013, 09:28
Thanks a lot, Dave!

Here I was about ready to sit down to a container of yogurt, a piece of fruit and some Kashi when you had to go and mention TACOS!! Now I can't get them out of my head!

All right, that tears it; time to go to Tacos Tijuana and get a half dozen Al Pastor to go...

(heh heh heh...)

Odie
August 14th, 2013, 11:07
I bet letting the mix sit overnight (if you can wait that long!) would really yield some good flavor. There are a number of what I call "combo" recipes that really get flavorful after sitting overnight. My wife has a homemade soup
recipe that tastes great the day you cook it, but tastes even better warmed up the next day.

Good stuff, Dave!

ViperPilot2
August 14th, 2013, 11:15
I bet letting the mix sit overnight (if you can wait that long!) would really yield some good flavor. There are a number of what I call "combo" recipes that really get flavorful after sitting overnight. My wife has a homemade soup recipe that tastes great the day you cook it, but tastes even better warmed up the next day.

Good stuff, Dave!

Isn't it strange how some dishes are like that? You know... like, pizza tastes better the day after? Same thing with spaghetti... or Teriyaki chicken.

:wiggle:

Tako_Kichi
August 14th, 2013, 11:21
Curries always taste better the second day IMHO.

Naismith
August 14th, 2013, 13:53

Same goes for a lot of home made dishes. Spaghetti & Meatballs, Ham soup, Mac & Cheese.

Daveroo
August 14th, 2013, 18:51
Isn't it strange how some dishes are like that? You know... like, pizza tastes better the day after? Same thing with spaghetti... or Teriyaki chicken.

:wiggle:

pizza cold from the frige in the morning for breakfast is the BOMB!!,when the local pizza joint was good,id order the extra large when i was alone for a week,id order it with extra cheese and Linguica,or a plain ole combo ( the new place puts HUGE pieces of squash on their combo,,ick,and huge wedges of tomato)..and then id order a small plain cheese and side order of garlic bread.,,id have about half the small for dinner,and half the garlic bread.and then id let it all cool to room temp and then package up in three piece packs and this was breakfast and snacks for the week.

when the new place opened,i still would do the X-large,with a single serve for dinner and a salad..then divide up the X-large...:mix-smi:

n4gix
August 15th, 2013, 06:30
That is precisely why I prepare my curried lamb at least one day before I plan to eat it... :icon_lol: