PDA

View Full Version : OT Arma 3 has a really good Commanche

Barnes
August 14th, 2013, 08:55
The new graphics in ARMA 3 are stunning and the choppers are great fun to fly in and die in! Great to go out killing everything.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/2013-08-14_00001_zps84925cc3.jpg (http://s439.photobucket.com/user/GAJIT/media/2013-08-14_00001_zps84925cc3.jpg.html)

Walter
August 14th, 2013, 09:39
How are the flight dynamics of the aircraft?

Whitehawk
August 14th, 2013, 23:33
Pretty average, maybe FSX default-ish? They haven't implemented the final advanced flight model developed from ToH yet AFAIK, but it's a wide scoped mil-sim focusing on ground combat, so I'm not expecting Dodosim level of detail, much as I would love it!

MCDesigns
August 15th, 2013, 05:46
Must be nice to have the beta. I agree, the graphics look stunning, looking forward to the underwater environment myself. Visually this is everything I wish Ghost Recon could be, because I like the gameplay better in GRAW, but will definitely be getting this in sept.

Cirrus N210MS
August 15th, 2013, 05:54
its really amazing How well Commache flys and works Love the Rotor Wind how it moves tree's and bushs as you hover or fly past lol :salute:

JIMJAM
August 15th, 2013, 13:14
Arma series has the most user unfriendly interface in the history of games. Makes IL2 seem like Pacman. Great looking screenies but you need the fingers of Eddie Van Halen or spend hours setting up elabaorate bindings to probably fly and fight with the heli.

Stickshaker
August 16th, 2013, 01:05
Very interesting, Barnes! Is the Helmet-Mounted Display simulated, hopefully with a collimated flight path marker? And what is on board in terms of sensors?

Barnes
August 16th, 2013, 02:35
Arma series has the most user unfriendly interface in the history of games. Makes IL2 seem like Pacman. Great looking screenies but you need the fingers of Eddie Van Halen or spend hours setting up elabaorate bindings to probably fly and fight with the heli.

I think your find its really easy now or I would not have had the patience!

Flight dynamics are "adequate" It actually is better than some FSX models I have bought but don't expect too much - its about killing tanks etc that its all about.

Barnes
August 16th, 2013, 02:36
its really amazing How well Commache flys and works Love the Rotor Wind how it moves tree's and bushs as you hover or fly past lol :salute:

Yes you also effect rising smoke as you go through.

Barnes
August 16th, 2013, 02:37
Pretty average, maybe FSX default-ish? They haven't implemented the final advanced flight model developed from ToH yet AFAIK, but it's a wide scoped mil-sim focusing on ground combat, so I'm not expecting Dodosim level of detail, much as I would love it!

A good assessment - agreed.