PDA

View Full Version : what southern women say

Daveroo
August 13th, 2013, 08:28
made me smile....lol....sorta aroused me too...:icon_eek:...tmi?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euzjO51pQvU

SSI01
August 13th, 2013, 08:57
All true. I know, married to one for 23 years. Some have deeper accents than others, mine's from coastal Georgia and her accent is different from someone who's in Rome, GA, or in Americus. Gotta know what to listen for. The sentiments are all the same, though, no matter the accent.

IFlySWA
August 13th, 2013, 09:28
"That dog don't hunt" must be in Episode 2. :icon_lol:

Brian

rdaniell
August 13th, 2013, 09:42
"That dog don't hunt" must be in Episode 2. :icon_lol: Brian

So is: "Mamma was so mad she was toting Billy."

RD

Odie
August 13th, 2013, 11:27
Accents can be fun. When I was living in Illinois, my Louisiana/Texas drawl really stood out and invariably I'd get the comment, "You're not from around here, are you?" Usually, I'd respond "Accent? I thought y'all had the accent!" It was all in good fun and I met many new friends in my 12 years up there. It was really fun when I had my son with me and we'd look at each other and one of us would say, "Did you hear an accent?"

I'd also get the response, "It's so good to hear a familiar accent.", followed by a firm handshake and an introduction of where we hailed from.

Terminology is also fun. Illinois winters can be brutal, and often I'd tell my staff to batten the hatches because we were expecting a Blue Norther to roll in. They would look at me and say, "Do what?" As a writer and a lover of regional languages, I hate to see the old terms that our Mothers and Fathers used slowly be relagated to the fast fading memories of their kids.

Tako_Kichi
August 13th, 2013, 13:12
Accents can be fun.
Yes they can! :icon_lol:

Whenever someone comments on my accent (which has changed considerably since I first arrived in Canada 21 years ago) I usually say 'I don't have an accent, I'm speaking English the way it's meant to be spoken! It's all the rest of you that have the accent!' :icon_lol:

Dain Arns
August 13th, 2013, 14:03
Dammit, seriously! Need a warning when posting these!
I nearly drown myself with a Dr Pepper...

"We gotta go to the hospital! Yer Daddys dun fell outta the deer stand agin!" :icon_lol:

TeaSea
August 13th, 2013, 16:08
Likewise....

When the sentence starts or ends with "Bless his/her heart......" You know it's going to be bad!