PDA

View Full Version : I don't cry I'm Britsh

Alpha Two Zero
August 12th, 2013, 10:10
Hi,
I am sure all of us fly guys are going to watch this it's the new Disney film Planes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTyXnRDBnXA). Nice saying John Cleese says in this clip. I don't cry I'm Britsh. :salute:

Roger
August 12th, 2013, 12:12
I'll certainly watch it...most of the aircraft are recognisable.

Ferry_vO
August 12th, 2013, 12:22
Can't wait for it, looks like a fun movie!

Sylvanriv
August 12th, 2013, 12:32
Only thing- don't go if you're looking for any sort of realism!

:mixedsmi:

Roger
August 12th, 2013, 12:47
Only thing- don't go if you're looking for any sort of realism!

:mixedsmi:

Ha ha,
Disney rivet counters...noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!:santahat:

Firekitten
August 12th, 2013, 13:51
Considering this is a Disney film about airplanes that fly themselves, have faces, and talk... I'm not sure realism is a concern.

though I'm sure a rivet counter or two will have an apoplectic fit at inaccuracies they find.

This is a good reason to have friends with young kids... you can borrow the kids to go see a kids movie :D

rdaniell
August 12th, 2013, 14:00
Ha ha, Disney rivet counters...noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!:santahat:

Roger, that's funny I don't care who you are....:icon_lol:

RD

Desert Rat
August 12th, 2013, 14:50
Ah, Bulldog (the characters name)

I did a repaint for my son of the default FS9 Comet if anyone is interested. Should work on Craig's/Full's/Classic Wing's FSX Comet with a vertical flip as FSX usual.

Nothing special, and the lines are not quite straight or rivet's in the right place, lol. But seriously, due to mapping issues the former is unfortunately true.Click on the Comet nacelle below if you are interested.

TTFN,
Jamie

Firekitten
August 12th, 2013, 15:06
the fs9 bmps should work straight into fsx... flipping is only needed for DDS files :) I'll check it out, ty for posting it!

Skyhawk_310R
August 12th, 2013, 17:07
Hi,
I am sure all of us fly guys are going to watch this it's the new Disney film Planes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTyXnRDBnXA). Nice saying John Cleese says in this clip. I don't cry I'm Britsh. :salute:

I've seen plenty of British women cry!

Ken

Willy
August 12th, 2013, 17:14
I saw it Friday night. Not bad for a Disney cartoon. It was also the first 3d movie that I've seen.

andersel
August 12th, 2013, 18:21
I'm blind in one eye so 3D is pretty much lost on me. I look forward to the film's release on plain old DVD, though.

Firekitten
August 13th, 2013, 01:47
I hate to sound old (I do it a lot these days) but this new 3d rubbish is all lost on most people... Largely the emperor's new clothes, and very occasionally a nice enhancement. Otherwise I don't get what people see in it... I enjoyed movies just as much when the STORY carried the film, not graphics.

*shuffles off to her retirement home*

dhazelgrove
August 13th, 2013, 03:29
I don't cry I'm Britsh. :salute:

It's the stiff upper lip that does it.

Dave