PDA

View Full Version : Departing the Pattern

N2056
August 11th, 2013, 21:26
For an assortment of reasons I have decided that I have no desire to continue to participate here anymore. I will not elaborate on why I came to that conclusion. In fact, this is the first time I have logged in a couple of weeks. For those interested as I fade into the distance here is the status of my projects.

My current work is a payware job that will become known when the company I am working for feels it is time to do so.
The Globe Swift will be done after completing the current project, and will be payware.
The Midget Mustang is somewhat of a wild card in the mix. It will be freeware, but I have no idea when it will be done.
The P-61 will most likely be my Magnum Opus. As such, I have no idea as to when I will cough it up, but it will have been worth the wait.

For those of you that have encouraged my efforts I extend my gratitude. It has been greatly appreciated. I'm sorry it turned out this way.

I can be found in other places for those that are willing to explore.

falcon409
August 11th, 2013, 21:37
Robert, very sorry to hear this, but you wouldn't be to this point without good reason and that's all I need to know. I wish you all the best in whatever you move on to. Take care and Godspeed!:salute:

Bruce Thompson
August 11th, 2013, 23:54
Sad news indeed, you will be missed Robert but good luck with your future plans.:salute:

TheGrunt
August 12th, 2013, 00:43
Sad to hear this... But, take care and happy skies where ever you are heading! :wiggle:

txnetcop
August 12th, 2013, 03:31
Robert I am so sorry it has turned out this way for you my friend. I haven't been on too much this last year-life issues. You know the light is always on here for ya!
Ted

stovall
August 12th, 2013, 06:00
Seeing you go is really hard for this guy. You and your contributions has always been something I have looked forward too. I know you must have good reasons for your decision and I respect that. I will be searching the net for anything that keeps me informed as to what you are doing. A sincere thanks for all you have given our hobby!

OleBoy
August 12th, 2013, 06:15
It's been great getting to know you over the years, Robert. Especially our gatherings on TS which have always been very helpful and enjoyable. Unlike speaking in text messages on the forum. I've enjoyed working with you on the many projects during those times. As frustrating as they'd be we gained knowledge together and grew within the hobby.

My knowledge has grown immensely since our first virtual hand shake on TS, and I thank you for that sincerely. Without encouragement, and the guidance you and others have shared with me over the years that I've received, heck, I'd likely be bored to death with flightsim as a whole and still be doing repaints alone. With all that said, I'll miss your expected responses to whatever glitches I have that may arise from my modeling ventures as I continue to get-to-know Gmax along the way.

Smooth skies to you my friend. I'm always in your pattern. Or close at any rate. :salute:

fxsttcb
August 12th, 2013, 06:33
Sorry to see you go, Robert.
So...Thank You for all the things you have done to enhance my simming experience, :salute: and, may the Good Lord Bless your future...Don

Daveroo
August 12th, 2013, 09:29
im sorry to see this too....another great member leaving...with no clear reason ( to me anyway,BTW allways makes me wonder if i did something)i absolutely love this website and it seems to be collapsing in on itself and i just dont understand why...just as im getting my act together and being able to actually use my flight sim the way i want...the site i rely on is slow imploding... its sad....

skyhawka4m
August 12th, 2013, 13:02
First...as some one who has twice sworn off SOH I have found that my sim is not the same without SOH and its members. There have been some very rough times in my life and I always knew if I came here I'd find an escape from my issues. I've even been given a couple things by developers in the past because they knew I was having problems and they know who they are and again...thank you. I haven't been as active as I would like....but I do hope over the winter months to be more active with my comments and contributions.

That said.......SOH is in my mind safe and sound Daveroo......with people like you, and the new scenery gooroo Ed, it just shows its strong and alive. I have faith in the mod's and those running the site will let us know if they are having issues and need our help.

N2056.....you have to do what you have to. I just hope you come back again as I did. Don't let others issues prevent you from being who you are and have been to this site. good luck....and look forward to good things from you where ever you go.

trucker17
August 12th, 2013, 14:07
Sorry to see you go Robert....Me and my Daughter Amanda will be looking for you in the different sites......Keep the shiny side up.....And we'll see you in the sky's......
Craig

stansdds
August 12th, 2013, 17:12
Sad to see you go.

Sundog
August 12th, 2013, 17:24
Take care of yourself and enjoy whatever future travels you have with your Dad, even if they are limited to Terra Firma.