PDA

View Full Version : Any actual Lear 23 or Lear 24 pilots here?

Lionheart
August 10th, 2013, 10:32
Hey all,

Anyone here actually flown a Lear 23 or Lear 24 jet before? I mean actual hands on 'start the turbines' and fly this thing, shut it down, etc. Not sit in the back, or saw one at the airshow once. ;)

Bill

flaviossa
August 10th, 2013, 10:42
Oh.... did i just saw the next amazing plane from Lionheart?????? :ernae:

Motormouse
August 10th, 2013, 11:18
20 series is already covered with a payware add-on methinks...
Sorry Bill, can't help on this one, my type ratings on Lears are 40,45, and 60, although have had a dabble with 31/35 too.

ttfn

Pete

Lionheart
August 10th, 2013, 21:54
Oh.... did i just saw the next amazing plane from Lionheart?????? :ernae:

One of the many.. :S

Motormouse
20 series is already covered with a payware add-on methinks...
Sorry Bill, can't help on this one, my type ratings on Lears are 40,45, and 60, although have had a dabble with 31/35 too.

ttfn

Pete

Thanks anyways Pete. Hope all is well up there. Do any flying in Gulfstreams lately?

skyhawka4m
August 11th, 2013, 05:02
While I know there was talk that Gulfstream couldn't be made in flightsim due to the company who builds them and trademark issues.......why not do a plane that is modeled after the gulfstream like Carenado does with its Cessna look alikes. I say look alike because no where on the Carenado site do they mention Cessna with any of its releases.

MCDesigns
August 11th, 2013, 05:18
Do any flying in Gulfstreams lately?

Don't tease Bill, I will pay upfront now for that one!!!!!!! :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

Bjoern
August 11th, 2013, 07:11
Don't tease Bill, I will pay upfront now for that one!!!!!!! :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

Not a chance. Gulfstream will bite Bill's head of if he ever dares to model one of their products. Company policy.

ryanbatc
August 11th, 2013, 08:11
I wish.... I just flew the xtreme prototypes version yesterday. I'd love the LJ24 to have your treatment! FSX always needs more bizjets!

MCDesigns
August 11th, 2013, 08:42
Not a chance. Gulfstream will bite Bill's head of if he ever dares to model one of their products. Company policy.

Well aware of their BS, but he did mention it. Doesn't have to be called a Gulfstream, Bills jet works fine for me. :applause:

expat
August 11th, 2013, 09:20
Gulfstream are entitled to protect their IP rights but are just plain (plane?;)) silly about restricting use or their image in FS. How can they justify to their shareholders that they come out ahead financially foregoing the free recognition and marketing benefits that FS affords? They cannot. If I were a shareholder (I am in Lockheed Martin which has seen the light re FS) I would tell them they need to tell their lawyers they don't run the place and need to chill a bit.

Now I have seen here someone is making a Dassault 7x. In the meantime, how about a nice Falcon 900EX?

http://www.takeplane.ru/img/planes/falcon900ex/big/1.jpg

SeanTK
August 11th, 2013, 12:38
Can't help you with the Lear but I wish you the best of luck with it!

Regarding Gulfstream and Dassault....the only reason a Dassault product (Falcon 7X) is being made is because Dassault specifically partnered with a developer and is overseeing production of it (Wilco).
I can't see Gulfstream changing their stance anytime soon.

In terms of other private jets, Pilatus just unveiled theirs:
http://www.aviationweek.com/Article.aspx?id=/article-xml/BC_07_01_2013_p48-585548.xml

And I would personally vote for the Aerospatiale Corvette (there are multiple cockpit images available), but best of luck with whatever you choose:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%C3%A9rospatiale_Corvette

http://cockpiter737.canalblog.com/archives/2013/03/16/26664659.html

Lionheart
August 11th, 2013, 17:37
That Corvette is a nice looing bird. Thanks for the heads up, Sean.

I am happy with the old Lear, as well as a few others that are already in production que. :S

Bushpounder
August 11th, 2013, 18:24
Hey Bill - how about a nice Aztec and/or Navajo? FSX is missing them! :) Just a thought. :)

Don

pilottj
August 11th, 2013, 19:25
A Lionheart Lear would be awesome :salute::jump: Maybe some day you can bring your Learfan to FSX.:icon29:

A fun little jet to consider might be the Dassault Falcon 10, it has that real beautiful 60s French look to it. I have heard it is quite a little rocket ship too. I don't know if Dassault would have issues with such an old design.

For that matter any of the early biz jets done by Master Bill would be very welcome. Lears, Falcons, Corvettes, Saberliners, Jetstars...what was that Douglas prototype that looked like a mini DC-8

Another path to consider would be to bring a fictional aircraft to light such as the Carreidas 160. The Carreidas 160 from Tin Tin's 'Flight 714' is a very beautiful craft, it is very 'Falcon-esque' as was drawn by a French artist by the name of Roger Leloup. One advantage of doing a fictional aircraft like this, is that you would have a lot more room for artistic license. You could really put some your own styling into it. For instance, you could choose to keep the cockpit in the original 60s French 'Dassault' style, or 'upgrade' it with modern avionics. It might be fun for Pam or Bernt or whoever does your FDE to use their imagination in creating the FDE...not being held to the standards of a particular real world design. Anyway, just a thought.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XcGo6cbR4mI/UBpyra1yyrI/AAAAAAAABH4/iU2WAj_GmkE/s1600/Jet+Carreidas+160.jpg

Also a pure Lionheart design would be awesome too. I miss your original designs Bill, look forward to more :)

Cheers
TJ

Lionheart
August 12th, 2013, 11:28
A Lionheart Lear would be awesome :salute::jump: Maybe some day you can bring your Learfan to FSX.:icon29:

A fun little jet to consider might be the Dassault Falcon 10, it has that real beautiful 60s French look to it. I have heard it is quite a little rocket ship too. I don't know if Dassault would have issues with such an old design.

For that matter any of the early biz jets done by Master Bill would be very welcome. Lears, Falcons, Corvettes, Saberliners, Jetstars...what was that Douglas prototype that looked like a mini DC-8

[\QUOTE]

What a beauty!

[QUOTE]
Another path to consider would be to bring a fictional aircraft to light such as the Carreidas 160. The Carreidas 160 from Tin Tin's 'Flight 714' is a very beautiful craft, it is very 'Falcon-esque' as was drawn by a French artist by the name of Roger Leloup. One advantage of doing a fictional aircraft like this, is that you would have a lot more room for artistic license. You could really put some your own styling into it. For instance, you could choose to keep the cockpit in the original 60s French 'Dassault' style, or 'upgrade' it with modern avionics. It might be fun for Pam or Bernt or whoever does your FDE to use their imagination in creating the FDE...not being held to the standards of a particular real world design. Anyway, just a thought.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XcGo6cbR4mI/UBpyra1yyrI/AAAAAAAABH4/iU2WAj_GmkE/s1600/Jet+Carreidas+160.jpg

[\QUOTE]

This seems to be the way to go these days.

[QUOTE]
Also a pure Lionheart design would be awesome too. I miss your original designs Bill, look forward to more :)

Cheers
TJ

Thanks man. I do have one fictional on the way. Still gathering up all the details on it before modeling it.

flaviossa
August 12th, 2013, 12:12
You got my vote to the Carreidas 160!! Will buy it with my eyes closed :salute:
It is one icon of my childhood when i read tintin stories over and over again!