PDA

View Full Version : Basler BT67 Ski issue

FSX68
August 10th, 2013, 06:31
I was trying the Basler BT67 (with skis) in Mocats North Pole and the plane will not come to a complete stop unless you shut off the engines. Same story with the Non-ski version.
I realize we are talking ice/snow surface but other aircraft I try at same location are a tad slow to come to a complete stop but at least they do when I use brakes and no throttle.
The Basler with brakes on and no throttle will still creep at 6 knots.

BTW: Looking for the latest version of the Basler BT67 that has a cab file named BT67_HD.
I have v2. I have a cab file in the panel folder entitled HD67.

Understand there was a RMI bug in the C117 and the fix was to borrow the cab BT67_HD and use it in the New C117.

FSX68
August 10th, 2013, 08:09
I see that some talented FSX artisans and geniuses have read this thread yet no response -
What is it? Don't know - don't care or all the above? :isadizzy:

flaviossa
August 10th, 2013, 08:31
Perhaps you want to read this topic: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/392772-inherent-flaw-of-fsx-to-give-too-much-ground-friction/
The mod generated by it enhanced a lot the friction effect for all my planes in FS, turning it mutch more beliveable. And one feature that i got is the end of the effect you described.

About the HD gauges, it was a mod released by a guy when the Basler was released. You need to go in the avsim topic related to the basler release and search for this guy posts (Donīt remember his name).

Brian_Gladden
August 10th, 2013, 08:36
Could try hitting F2 a little to pull the prop into beta to cut the thrust.

FSX68
August 10th, 2013, 10:30
I don't have these braking issues with other sceneries. The Mocat ice orsnow sceneres are the only one so far where the plane is slow or doesn't brake without taking some other means
to stop it.