PDA

View Full Version : Just a message.....

trucker17
August 9th, 2013, 10:37
Hey everyone.
Here in the past, their have been many rants about this and that on this site....And many Raves here as well....
So for myself I would like to take this time to say thank you to everyone here who has helped with this or that, that everyone has come here looking for.
Weather that be advice, new scenery, new aircraft, new repaints or how to's.
I have come here at times just to join in on the fun that this site brings, read responses from others, looking for help with this and that, and to share my own work from repaints, to sceneries....
So.....This is my Thank you to everybody here for all the help I have gotten in the past...And I know that their will be more in the future, as I broaden my own knowledge of FSX and creating repaints and sceneries....

To anyone who is just starting.....Don't feel embarrassed about asking something you don't understand.....

And to everyone.....
Their is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers.....

Everyone of us have been that newbie at one time......

heywooood
August 9th, 2013, 13:39
Hey everyone.
Here in the past, their have been many rants about this and that on this site....And many Raves here as well....
So for myself I would like to take this time to say thank you to everyone here who has helped with this or that, that everyone has come here looking for.
Weather that be advice, new scenery, new aircraft, new repaints or how to's.
I have come here at times just to join in on the fun that this site brings, read responses from others, looking for help with this and that, and to share my own work from repaints, to sceneries....
So.....This is my Thank you to everybody here for all the help I have gotten in the past...And I know that their will be more in the future, as I broaden my own knowledge of FSX and creating repaints and sceneries....

To anyone who is just starting.....Don't feel embarrassed about asking something you don't understand.....

And to everyone.....
Their is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers.....

Everyone of us have been that newbie at one time......

the main difference, to me anyway, between this site and the others that I am familiar with is that - While there are always personalities that clash, and often miscommunication that leads
to argument...around here - the cooler heads actually tend to prevail...
that doesn't happen right away, if at all, on other boards.
Good moderation, Good attitudes generally, and a Good sense of community seems to make the difference.

Thanking the painters, scenery builders, and modelers of both free and payware for their contributions to our favorite pastime is always the right thing to do and probably could be done more often - absolutely

*I personally am of the opinion that some of the frustration and vitriol over the past few days has more to do with summer heat than genuine hostility - fairly unusual for these boards since I've been here*

trucker17
August 9th, 2013, 14:32
the main difference, to me anyway, between this site and the others that I am familiar with is that - While there are always personalities that clash, and often miscommunication that leads
to argument...around here - the cooler heads actually tend to prevail...
that doesn't happen right away, if at all, on other boards.
Good moderation, Good attitudes generally, and a Good sense of community seems to make the difference.

Thanking the painters, scenery builders, and modelers of both free and payware for their contributions to our favorite pastime is always the right thing to do and probably could be done more often - absolutely

*I personally am of the opinion that some of the frustration and vitriol over the past few days has more to do with summer heat than genuine hostility - fairly unusual for these boards since I've been here*

So true.....

WND
August 10th, 2013, 06:04
I TO am guilty of not saying THANK YOU enough in the past when I've downloaded something that someone has spent lots of time and effort on so the rest of us can enjoy it - whatever it may be.. I also from time to time will ask for advice on something (and I have my favorite 'go-to' people for that) and I often don't say thank you.. It's not that I don't mean to, it's that I sometimes forget too!!!

Over the last few years I've 'dabbled' in scenery, I've 'dabbled' in re-paints HOWEVER I have elected NOT to upload anything for personal reason's - nothing against anyone BUT I just don't feel PERSONALLY I'm ready to take that step - and that's my decision!!!! (actually there's just too many of you good ones out there for me to throw my hat into the ring!!!!) lol

SOooooo, to all of you out there that have given me pleasure over the years with your dedication and hard work - be it scenery, aircraft, paints, re-paints or whatever, and for those of you that have given me 'tid bits' from time to time, I say THANK YOU - I have appreciated it much more than I've indicated.... Just from the time I have spent doing something, I can't imagine the time and effort you all are putting into this stuff...

Bill