PDA

View Full Version : Answer to Dangerousdave26's points.

SteveB
August 5th, 2013, 18:00
1 There comes a time when we just have to walk away from the stupid things people sometimes say.

2 Asking them to correct themselves over and over again is like trying to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the hell out of the pig.

3 Claiming to take your toys and go home puts you in the light of being no better than the person you are dissatisfied with.

4 Is that how you want to be viewed?

5 I personally do not want you to be banned but if you so choose then that must be what happens.

6 If that happens then you might as well view it as the other side won even though Flight Simulator is no competition.

7 My advise is walk a way from the idiots in life, allow others to make mistakes, and spend your time doing what makes you happy in this hobby ignoring those you find offensive.

ANSWERS

1 I disagree in this case.

2 Good I have a couple of weeks spare right now

3 Better than having them on a site that doesn't care enough about repainters too support them.

4 I cannot be held responsible for how someone views me so why worry.

5 then don't ban me for an idiot who doesn't know how too apologise.

6 I've said if you ban me take them down. I would hate too see it happen but that's life.

7 Nah they wont learn anything that way.

Steve

SteveB
August 5th, 2013, 18:02
All I want is an apology for an act of idiocy.
If that means I get banned so be it. your call I will not back down on this.

Steve

Dangerousdave26
August 5th, 2013, 18:06
Like it or not right now he is not the one who is causing a problem.

I greatly disagreed with how he felt and thought him to be way off base.

Now I feel the same about you.

You may not want to backoff but you definitely need to cool off for awhile.

SteveB
August 5th, 2013, 18:10
Like it or not right now he is not the one who is causing a problem.

I greatly disagreed with how he felt and thought him to be way off base.

Now I feel the same about you.

You may not want to backoff but you definitely need to cool off for awhile.

Hate too sound like a broken record here but we repainters deserve an apology from him.

Steve

heywooood
August 5th, 2013, 18:14
and so wee see, clearly demonstrated - two wrongs don't make a right

I'm sorry this is happening - if that helps...

SteveB
August 5th, 2013, 18:18
and so wee see, clearly demonstrated - two wrongs don't make a right

I'm sorry this is happening - if that helps...

Sorry it takes so much idiocy to try and get justice. I could be painting another 109, but aint gonna happen till an apology is forthcoming.

Steve

Kiwikat
August 5th, 2013, 18:42
Sorry it takes so much idiocy to try and get justice. I could be painting another 109, but aint gonna happen till an apology is forthcoming.

Steve

The real idiotic part is creating a million threads about it. If one person's opinion on the internet stops you from doing something, especially something you like, I have absolutely nothing to say.

Speechless. :isadizzy:

We'd all like to move on now, including the person you disagree with. But that thread was closed too. :pop4:

pilottj
August 5th, 2013, 18:46
As a painter, I was going to stay out of this, but if you stop because someone offended you, then they ultimately win.

I think the best way to 'right' a 'wrong' done to you is not to change what you do, but to keep doing what you do, in spite of what the offending party says.

Some people get bent out of shape if you put a scheme to an airplane that isn't 'realistic'...believe it or not, I have gotten an email or two to that nature, instead of bowing to their requests, I simply paint more unrealistic schemes. Wait till they see a B-17 painted like the Starship Enterprise or a TU-114 painted in Air Force One colors.

Likewise if someone tells me not paint the Austin Powers livery on the upcoming 777 or not to paint a flying circus polka dot scheme on a Spitfire because it would 'spoil' the authenticity of their simulation experience...I would politely refuse...and then paint even more of those types of schemes :) They are not obligated to download those schemes and believe it or not there are a few who actually enjoy those types of paints.

An FS airplane for a painter is like a blank canvas, and you are the artist. What you choose to paint is completely up to you.

Keep painting the way you love to paint.

Cheers
TJ

SteveB
August 5th, 2013, 18:51
The real idiotic part is creating a million threads about it. If one person's opinion on the internet stops you from doing something, especially something you like, I have absolutely nothing to say.

Speechless. :isadizzy:

We'd all like to move on now, including the person you disagree with. But that thread was closed too. :pop4:

Yeah there's a problem lets all bury our heads in the sand and ignore it till it goes away, if he wants too end this all he needs too do is apologise.

Steve

Kiwikat
August 5th, 2013, 18:53
Yeah there's a problem lets all bury our heads in the sand and ignore it till it goes away, if he wants too end this all he needs too do is apologise.

Steve

Are you new to the internet? :isadizzy:

That's my final .02. Do as you wish. :salute:

fsxar177
August 5th, 2013, 18:54
As a painter, I was going to stay out of this, but if you stop because someone offended you, then they ultimately win.

I think the best way to 'right' a 'wrong' done to you is not to change what you do, but to keep doing what you do, in spite of what the offending party says.

Some people get bent out of shape if you put a scheme to an airplane that isn't 'realistic'...believe it or not, I have gotten an email or two to that nature, instead of bowing to their requests, I simply paint more unrealistic schemes. Wait till they see a B-17 painted like the Starship Enterprise or a TU-114 painted in Air Force One colors.

Likewise if someone tells me not paint the Austin Powers livery on the upcoming 777 or not to paint a flying circus polka dot scheme on a Spitfire because it would 'spoil' the authenticity of their simulation experience...I would politely refuse...and then paint even more of those types of schemes :) They are not obligated to download those schemes and believe it or not there are a few who actually enjoy those types of paints.

An FS airplane for a painter is like a blank canvas, and you are the artist. What you choose to paint is completely up to you.

Keep painting the way you love to paint.

Cheers
TJ

Well said TJ!

SeanTK
August 5th, 2013, 19:43
This goes for everyone...

Has everyone had their say yet? I'm rather against locking things unless things get extremely ugly, so I may as well add some personal thoughts....NOT associated with my staff role:

We're in a niche hobby with a multitude of opinions from young and old. We should not have to moderate mature adults that have expressed differing opinions, though that seems to be the need. It seems to me that SOH proudly supports our repainters and other addon developers through the very nature of 1) having this website, and 2) having a file library that ANY MEMBER can upload to.

We shouldn't need to jump in and say "SOH supports addon/repaint developers", because isn't that obvious? What's the point otherwise?

All sides need to stop being so emotionally invested in what are often isolated comments on a small community forum. No-one's out to get you, no-one (at least on the staff side) is vehemently against you for whatever reason, and I was under the impression that we all share the interest of flight simulation, and are not invested in it for fame and fortune.

Try to be mindful and tactful when raising issues, but also recognize that you may disagree without the world coming crashing down on top of you.

All in all...everyone needs to grow up a little bit....and I should not be the one saying that.... :)

Naismith
August 5th, 2013, 23:53
Well I appreciate what many of you painters do, I wouldn't have the time or especially patience. And I berate myself for not posting thanks often enough when I d/l a particular item which I use. I cannot think of a bought a/c for which I use the supplied liveries with, I rely on you painters.
Steve B I regard your work as exceptional and would regret your withdrawal. So please ignore the dork.
Don't be phased by one when many more of us appreciate your work.
This sim was made by the likes of you and aircraft and scenery designers. Without you folk willing to donate your time and energy to improving the basic sim it would have probably have died a death years ago (FS4 or FS5 days) and the commercial developers would never have had the chance to jump on board.

Javis
August 6th, 2013, 06:01
http://youtu.be/KniUNdVZvH4

gaucho_59
August 6th, 2013, 06:11

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

fsxar177
August 6th, 2013, 07:48

I must say, even I got quite the laugh out of this! Thanks for posting.

- Joseph

deepdiver8055
August 6th, 2013, 08:45
OK I'm going to put myself down to some of the UK levels I see on here like SteveB and Matt just to name a couple but just this once, I promise.

STOP acting like little kids and wanting an apology for something that was NOT DIRECTED AT YOU and for the most part something that does not require an apology PERIOD!.

YOU SHOULD BE GIVING ME AN APOLOGY for being so annoying since it's your nature in general... so yeah an apology for being such an annoying UK ASS would be more appropriate in this case.
YOU want an apology? :barf: FRICKING PLEASE!!!

You still want an apology? BEND OVER! :female:

Move on and stop this baby chit you UK babies and stop blaming others for your childhood WHOP in the WOODPILE life you obviously had.

Your giving the good people over there in your homeland a bad name.

ADMIN
TAKE ME OFF OF THIS SITE TOO AND ERASE MY INFORMATION IMMEDIATELY!!! BAN ME OR WHATEVER, IT DON'T AND WON'T MATTER ONE BIT.

I don't need any part of this BS infested parasite forum and I don't associate with crap like this BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TOO!. I live on a high scale and have a descent life so I will not have anything more to do with this kind of CRAP and Immature idiots looking for attention and for apologies they obviously never got as children!.

Do you really think all this controls my life and reflects everything there is to my life?
Do you think I really care what you think of me for writing this? IT DOESN'T MATTER one least bit but what does matter is the fact that MOST OF YOU ACTUALLY live your life around this crap and are acting exactly like BABIES and worse about all of this and that's what's wrong with you and the world today.

MOVE ON AND GET A LIFE PEOPLE AND LEARN TO HANDLE THE TRUTH ABOUT LIFE because your life here is fricking BOGUS and most of the clientele here is on the same BOGUS level.

I was warned about this site and now I see it for myself. UNREAL!. Enough is enough.

GOODBYE my little babies and good riddance :icon30: outta here!

Roger
August 6th, 2013, 08:59
I don't think I have ever heard such a childish out burst on this forum. You generalise that all Brits are babies yet your post here was overwhelmingly the most pathetic rant of nonsense ever likely to appear here.

This thread is closed, oh and your desire to be banned will be fulfilled.