PDA

View Full Version : I wish to announce my retirement

AussieMan
August 5th, 2013, 16:34
As no apology appears to be forthcoming following the insult to repainters yesterday by fsxar177 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?103831-fsxar177) I wish to announce that I am no longer going to repaint aircraft for the flight sim community.

While I am basically a novice repainter I got great pleasure seeing screenshots of my repaints flying about in the FS skies. To do a repaint is not just a simple matter of splashing a coat of paint on a model. There is the time involved researching a particular colour scheme and sometimes creating a paint kit from scratch. Some paint kits are produced with one or two layers only and therefore there is the added time creating new layers. One repaint I have been working on for nine months trying to get it right and at the moment I am getting it ready to put in a zip file and send it to the developer for him to look at and see if he can help me.

I am not putting my paint brushes away completely as I will doing paints for myself. There are a couple of developers who, if they think my work is good enough I will work with them but other than that I am finished.

stovall
August 5th, 2013, 17:10
Sorry to hear that AussieMan, I for one have enjoyed your creations and will miss your input. Thanks for all you have done for the community. For sure some developer will pick up your talents and we may enjoy them again in the way.

Rudyjo
August 5th, 2013, 17:15
AussieMan;

To you and everyone who release free repaints: Thank you.
Sure, some are better than others, but every one of them is 100% better than I could do. I wouldn't even know where to start.

SteveB
August 5th, 2013, 17:31
Can't fault you mate, sorry your leaving but understand your reasons fully. Paint for yourself and your mates and have a cold one for me. If you ever need any help on anything feel free to drop me an email.

Steve

skyhawka4m
August 5th, 2013, 17:36
I'd say the same as SteveB did.........don't give it up.

clmooring
August 5th, 2013, 17:37
Hmmm... that is a shame. I am sure that the vast majority of the non-repainter, non-developer flightsim consumers are like me; appreciative of every contribution, payware and especially freeware. I am sure most of them like me dont say thanks often enough to the free ware contributors, but still greatly value the hard work and time donated for our hobby.

I sure hope you change your mind!

Dangerousdave26
August 5th, 2013, 17:44
Pat we can not let the least common denominator rule our lives.

We do here what we do based on our love for our hobby.

What someone else feels about how we represent our love for that hobby should be ignored.

Do with this hobby what you love and hold your head high as the victor in the arena of ideas.

trowelmaster
August 5th, 2013, 17:46
Hmmm... that is a shame. I am sure that the vast majority of the non-repainter, non-developer flightsim consumers are like me; appreciative of every contribution, payware and especially freeware. I am sure most of them like me dont say thanks often enough to the free ware contributors, but still greatly value the hard work and time donated for our hobby.

I sure hope you change your mind!

Exactly what your saying...ditto !

gman5250
August 5th, 2013, 17:49
There's been more than one occasion when I was tempted to leave various situations for various reasons that made perfect sense at the time. I have kind of a golden rule that I follow, 72 hours.

I give it 72 hours, then if I still feel the same I move on. Usually, I feel different and stick around...to my benefit.

I'd hate to see you go, but you should do what suits you best. You decide to come back, I'll be that much more pleased.

Bushpounder
August 5th, 2013, 17:53
That guy was dead wrong in everything he said, Pat. Do it for the fun of it, not to make him and his kind happy. It is people like him that are destroying the community that I have been a part of for almost 15 years. But here is a secret, Pat. There are more of us than there is of him and his kind, so proceed with FUN in mind. Just think Pat, while you're happily repainting, he'll be sitting in therapy wondering why the world won't bend his way!

Don

fliger747
August 5th, 2013, 17:56
Paaaaattttt:

regards. Tom

doublecool
August 5th, 2013, 17:59
AussieMan;

To you and everyone who release free repaints: Thank you.
Sure, some are better than others, but every one of them is 100% better than I could do. I wouldn't even know where to start.

AussieMan,

Rudyjo hit the nail on the head for me,
You have always given of yourself here at the outhouse, I thank you for that, and the many many paints I have of yours :salute:

trucker17
August 5th, 2013, 18:17
Sad to see you leave my friend....
He did in a way make an apology with his thread, Re-painters showcase thread.....
I think he meant many of the painters who rush to through together a repaint and publish it.....Their are many painters out here, doing both freeware and payware aircraft......
Sometime we get in a hurry to finish the paint.....And many times we will add updates to the paints, and sometimes they want a particular looking paint, like a friend of mine who wanted the test paint I had been working on for BLOOD AND BONES...He did not want the black paint that I finished the P51D in......I was testing the paint in a polished finish, and that's what he wanted.....
Your paints will be missed my friend....
Craig.

heywooood
August 5th, 2013, 18:19
dude - people say stupid sh*t all the time - I'm famous for it

its what people do best - live and let go man, more people appreciate what you do than don't and that's the best anyone can hope for..

seriously - you will feel better when you tune out the flat notes...just don't hear it - its noise for the filter

OBIO
August 5th, 2013, 18:25
AussieMan

Don't hang up your brushes just because of some &@*%@_$) can't remember the manners his mamma taught him.

I have lost track of the number of repaints I have uploaded to SOH...it's a lot! Are any of them really outstanding works of art? HELL TO THE NO! I started doing repaints while using CFS2, self taught all the way, developed a style and level of detail that works for me, that I am happy with....and that is how I do my repaints. I don't do weathering...because I SUCK at it! I don't do dirt and grime....because I SUCK at it! I do basic, clean repaints of planes....both fictional and historic. Have I ever been down right dogged over the quality of my repaints...no. Have I ever been given a ticker tape parade....no to that too. And I could care less if I got the first, and don't care that I never got the second. I do my repaints primarily for my enjoyment...then I share them with who ever wants to download and use them.

Some painters begin as amateurs and advance to experts. Me...I found a happy middle ground and I am going to hold that ground. I will let the true masters of repainting do all the fancy weathering and dirt and grime and oil drips and cigar ashes and mud splashes. I am happy to just draw basic panel lines, sometimes throw on some rivets (I have doing rivets!!!!) then apply some paint and stickers and shove the thing out the door and move onto the next one. This method once allowed me to do 30 some repaints for the CFS2 version of Wozza's P-51D Mustang in 4 days....I think I took a 2 hour nap during that period of time....I know I was WAY LOOPY before it was said and done.

I digress.....sorry.....Don't hang up your brushes just because someone had a tizzy!

Tim

MCDesigns
August 5th, 2013, 18:39
dude - people say stupid sh*t all the time - I'm famous for it i

LMAO, too true, we all do it. :applause:

here I thought painting in FS was part of retirement, man I am sooo confused, LOL

Don't let anyone get to you, do what you enjoy and share what you want.:salute:

Timbohobo
August 5th, 2013, 18:46
Do whatever makes your day better Pat, in the end its your hobby that matters, the post you're referring too annoyed the **** out of me too.

For what its worth I get people saying some frightfully horrible things about my work/or projects I have been involved with, but the reality is 99% of those comments are from jaded/jealous competitors who couldn't do better so instead resort to insults, I even get to watch my hard work get pirated within 12 hours of release most times

But you know what?, its my hobby, so if yeh dont like it...yall can go get %$#%$ :173go1:

Tim Harris

trucker17
August 5th, 2013, 18:54
Pat we can not let the least common denominator rule our lives.

We do here what we do based on our love for our hobby.

What someone else feels about how we represent our love for that hobby should be ignored.

Do with this hobby what you love and hold your head high as the victor in the arena of ideas.

So true.....Your an INSPURATION to many of us here Pat.....

AussieMan
August 5th, 2013, 19:00
Thanks for the support fellas.

Yes I am a retired gentleman and do have more time than others to do these things. If I put my mind to it I can produce a repaint in 4 days but the average is 7-10 days. Some can be very frustrating and can take up to 6 to 8 weeks. One has been in the shop for 9 months and I am turning to the developer for help.

If I have the aircraft in my hangar I will do a request paint and upload it to my DropBox but nothing public.

I have belonged to the Outhouse for almost 10 years and over that time I have seen a lot of negativity towards developers and repainters and the thread in question was the straw that broke the camel's back. SOH now have my work exclusively because the other site I used to upload to demanded that I put the flag of the country on an upload picture. As a consequence I no longer upload to there.

Also over the years I have been a beta tester for aircraft and scenery and if asked I will keep doing that as I really enjoy doing that. I have even considered learning gMax and designing my own aircraft.

Warhawk1130
August 5th, 2013, 19:05
I used to paint lots of A2A B-29's (files lost in long ago crash of SOH) and have painted tons of A-7 skins...sometimes I get thanked, sometimes I don't even get a reply. I do repaints for fun, have for years, never had anyone say they didn't like them, but even if they did, I didn't charge, and they didn't pay, I love to share.

Point I am trying to make is consider the source of your anger, and their age....its easier to dismiss a child than one of your peers, eh? Let the youngens have thier bottles, keep sharing your paints, a tall cool one, and good times with yer mates.

Best to you, Pat, in whatever you do..

Rich

Visited Aussie land in August of 1981 aboard the USS America, CV-66.

Jagdflieger
August 5th, 2013, 19:28
Please give it a few days.

It's not uncommon to see posts made on line that the poster would never say in person. Some people are better at it than others and some just don't have a clue. Don't let a hastily made post sour you and cause you to bail. Give it a few days and let it settle. It usually does. In the meantime, I also appreciate and thank you for your efforts on our behalf.

SeanTK
August 5th, 2013, 19:28
Just a personal opinion, not reflective of the SOH staff role that I recently possessed....

This is a small hobby, and we're on a niche forum with interests often representing what amounts to a "niche of a niche". On that note, the internet has all types, and all sorts of opinions. Some you may find valid, others you disagree with. While I can see getting upset and considering "quitting" if an opinion you disagree with (regardless of it is FS related) gains significant traction, I don't believe it is wise to emotionally invest yourself so significantly in the thoughts of others, especially when it concerns a single instance or small group. If you are that quick to end everything after a perceived slight, then I question how much enjoyment you were getting from repainting in the first place.

It should be obvious, but no-one here wishes to see you or anyone else go, and I don't think you need to be told that because you know it too, and in the off chance that you perceived the broader SOH community as hostile to you for whatever reason, I think the responses you've received in this thread indicate otherwise.

Respectfully,

Sean

fsxar177
August 5th, 2013, 19:38
...One has been in the shop for 9 months and I am turning to the developer for help....

Hi again Aussie,
Hope you were able to read my private message?

To a better topic;
Is that the Just Flight DC-6B that's been such a trial? If so, I may be able to help you in some of those problem areas. After doing the Air Atlantique, and Braniff Airways liveries, I pretty much gave up on it, having so much difficulty. If I remember correctly, the right wing is the worst, but also some areas of the tail-plane. Can't remember for sure. Please let me know which areas were causing the most trouble, maybe I can go back to my notes, and see what can be done?

With much due respect,
- Joseph

kjb
August 5th, 2013, 19:41
I would suggest shrugging off the critics. If they have a valid point, learn from it. If they're just being obnoxious, try to let it go. People who develop, commercially or freeware, are going to catch crap from a few nitwits. You can't be too thin skinned about it. I do photo scenery and mostly get positive replies, but there's always that one clown. Sometimes I'll spend a year on one project because many are large and I fix all of the airports, plus full autogen.

Daveroo
August 5th, 2013, 19:49
and this entire thing is why i just babble on about nothing most of the time........i dont get yelled at anymore......well i did get admonished my Mr Ickie reciently..and i deserved that...its all good.........:icon_eek:

Francois
August 5th, 2013, 22:25
Hi Pat,

(and everybody else reading here),

I usually do not react on these sort of posts, as I see them all the time in the various forums. But since I know Pat......

As a developer and publisher I appreciate the time, enthusiasm and skills put into the hobby. YOUR time most certainly included. I figure that any time someone wants to repaint one of our products, it MUST mean we produced something worth painting....... that's good to know, and it is also good for sales. Heck, even if it should be a bad paint (and I haven't seen any), it still attracts attention. The old adage that even bad publicity is better than no publicity comes to mind.

Having been in this hobby for over 35 years now and in business for more than 15, and I too had a time when I would get all worked up over what people would write. Not anymore. I do my thing, I try to have fun in doing it (although the current economic recession is making that hard if it is not only your hobby) and I tend to go my own way.

This is a hobby that MANY people share, no matter in what way, and as I see it there are plenty of folks appreciating their fellow hobbyists. My advice is to stick with THOSE and ignore the ones that are on a different frequency.

That goes for EVERYTHING in life, actually :applause: And life's too short to get worked up over these things. Hope to stay in touch, Pat :wavey:

Francois

BlueAngelFan
August 5th, 2013, 23:14
Why drop it because you felt insulted?

Naismith
August 6th, 2013, 00:05
Yes I'm with the majority - and you KNOW who we are. Stay on track and stuff him.

Fireball6
August 6th, 2013, 00:10
It is very sad to see another talented repainter give up.

Everybody who share his work with the comunity should be honored - without looking at the level of his skills ! The best skill that all repainters have is - they do all their efforts for free and for the comunity of flightsim-enthusiasts.

Dirk

jankees
August 6th, 2013, 00:26
Pat,

I wouldn't take it so hard. You're doing your paints (and nice ones too) because you like doing them, so why stop because of someone else's remark that wasn't even aimed at you?
Besides, them paint fumes are mighty addictive, you don't want to go to long without them...

JanKees

Barnes
August 6th, 2013, 03:41
It will be a shame if you don't share your repaints as they are usually much better than the ones I produce (and much better than someone else could mention who should not throw stones on these forums!) and if you are taking that long to do them then you are much more dedicated than I am!

Matt Wynn
August 6th, 2013, 03:47
that's now what? 2...3 painters who have left the public frame because of the insult...

...seriously now, someone needs to wake up and smell the f****** coffee! not having a rant just airing my view

....sad to see you stop painting for the public Pat, but at times, we do what we must....:salute:

Firekitten
August 6th, 2013, 03:48
Sorry to see you stopping Pat... Keep doing it for yourself, not anyone else, do it for the enjoyment, not to provide a 'service' to anyone.
Good luck.

Steven190
August 6th, 2013, 03:58
Got in this late
Sorry to hear your decision AssieMan, I understand and wish you the best in the future. it seems that it is getting more difficult to please the flight community anymore, not in just this the FSX, but others too.

S!

MudMarine
August 6th, 2013, 04:16
So the rest of us suffer because of one.......

Matt Wynn
August 6th, 2013, 04:19
So the rest of us suffer because of one.......

precisely my view.... it's a joke, a really poor excuse of a joke, but a joke nonetheless....

bstolle
August 6th, 2013, 04:27
Sorry to hear your decision AssieMan, I understand and wish you the best in the future. it seems that it is getting more difficult to please the flight community anymore, not in just this the FSX, but others too

Unfortunately I have to agree with you.

Roger
August 6th, 2013, 04:45
Well I bet we've all got some of your repaints Pat and it will be us who suffer when you stop publishing them so think again please:ernae:

AndyG43
August 6th, 2013, 05:00
Just wanted to add my support for AussieMan (whose Beaufort repaints have graced my GoldenWings install for a good many years) and the other painters who are reconsidering their position as a result of that recent post.

I'm a mere dabbler, little more than a decaller really (I liked that ;)) but I've produced a couple of things that have met with some degree of appreciation over the years; however I decided just over a year ago not to upload here any longer, for reasons I made quite clear to the site administrators and moderators at the time (the Dragon Rapide I uploaded last week was a one off, for the benefit of a particular poster) - so I'm not going to say "reconsider", because I understand exactly why you are doing this. I just want to say, thanks for all the hard work, and maybe one day we can all find a new home where things are more harmonious.

Sieggie
August 6th, 2013, 05:06
I am confused. this is the internet! Why are people so upset about something they read on a forum on the INTERNET. Remember anyone can say anything on the INTERNET. My suggestion would be to ignore anything you don't like and file it in the same folder as the email from the Prince in the Congo that thinks you are very honest and would like to deposit $1M in your account.

Dave

Rami
August 6th, 2013, 05:20
As no apology appears to be forthcoming following the insult to repainters yesterday by fsxar177 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?103831-fsxar177) I wish to announce that I am no longer going to repaint aircraft for the flight sim community.

While I am basically a novice repainter I got great pleasure seeing screenshots of my repaints flying about in the FS skies. To do a repaint is not just a simple matter of splashing a coat of paint on a model. There is the time involved researching a particular colour scheme and sometimes creating a paint kit from scratch. Some paint kits are produced with one or two layers only and therefore there is the added time creating new layers. One repaint I have been working on for nine months trying to get it right and at the moment I am getting it ready to put in a zip file and send it to the developer for him to look at and see if he can help me.

I am not putting my paint brushes away completely as I will doing paints for myself. There are a couple of developers who, if they think my work is good enough I will work with them but other than that I am finished.

AussieMan,

While I respect your decision, please reconsider having the actions of one person having such a detrimental effect that they discourage you from this.
However, if this is your final decision, many thanks for all of your efforts, and may you have continued happiness as you move into the future. :running:

gaucho_59
August 6th, 2013, 05:25
I am confused. this is the internet! Why are people so upset about something they read on a forum on the INTERNET. Remember anyone can say anything on the INTERNET. My suggestion would be to ignore anything you don't like and file it in the same folder as the email from the Prince in the Congo that thinks you are very honest and would like to deposit $1M in your account.

Dave

Pardon my intrusion... but one thing is clear to me... I tried to follow this thread and cannot make heads or tails of
Aussieman's reasons... i.e.: there are a bunch of responses as to how he should or should not react... BUT NOWHERE
is there a quote of the disparaging remarks made by whoever this admin person is... in other words... the whole
thread seems to assume one SHOULD know what the original remarks were... just like arguing men and wives...
In my opinion... the root of the problem is merely the assumption that EVERYONE knows what they are talking about...
Well, gentlemen... I found my curiosity picked by the subject to see what can so offend anyone... and I haven't found out
yet... My diagnosis... (yes I am a retired doctor) is this: Folks tend to be sort of "clicky"... start using jargon and words
only THEY know about... and that makes any outsider feel like that... AN OUTSIDER... in other words... alienates folks...
Taking is a little step further... this degenerates into a sort of disease... we only hear what we want to hear... or agrees with
our thinking.. and dismiss anything outside that circle... ergo... we make remarks that only hurt OTHERS... but WE think are
perfectly righteous... Whatever the disparaging remarks were... we need to keep them UP FRONT were they can be seen,
so then we can opine, feel happy or distressed, etc. Let us not do like the 3 blind men trying to describe the animal by
the little feel they cop with their hands... :wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

Sieggie
August 6th, 2013, 05:39
Pardon my intrusion... but one thing is clear to me... I tried to follow this thread and cannot make heads or tails of
Aussieman's reasons... i.e.: there are a bunch of responses as to how he should or should not react... BUT NOWHERE
is there a quote of the disparaging remarks made by whoever this admin person is... in other words... the whole
thread seems to assume one SHOULD know what the original remarks were... just like arguing men and wives...
In my opinion... the root of the problem is merely the assumption that EVERYONE knows what they are talking about...
Well, gentlemen... I found my curiosity picked by the subject to see what can so offend anyone... and I haven't found out
yet... My diagnosis... (yes I am a retired doctor) is this: Folks tend to be sort of "clicky"... start using jargon and words
only THEY know about... and that makes any outsider feel like that... AN OUTSIDER... in other words... alienates folks...
Taking is a little step further... this degenerates into a sort of disease... we only hear what we want to hear... or agrees with
our thinking.. and dismiss anything outside that circle... ergo... we make remarks that only hurt OTHERS... but WE think are
perfectly righteous... Whatever the disparaging remarks were... we need to keep them UP FRONT were they can be seen,
so then we can opine, feel happy or distressed, etc. Let us not do like the 3 blind men trying to describe the animal by

Dig down to page 2 of the fsx forum and the locked item about repainters is the start of the tiff.

Dave

Firekitten
August 6th, 2013, 05:46

Can I see a vet instead?

Rami
August 6th, 2013, 06:01
Firekitten,

Very funny, but I sent him a PM to catch him up. :wavey:

gaucho_59
August 6th, 2013, 06:16
Firekitten,

Very funny, but I sent him a PM to catch him up. :wavey:

Thank you for the explanation Rami.... YOU ARE THE FIRST PERSON TO MAKE ANY SENSE!!!
Personally, I would not take offense... and feel they are basically responsibly stated remarks...
I try to excel at what I do... and used to professionally do... ANESTHESIA... lol so I perfectly understand where the staff member comes from...
it is basically true... some hastily done repaints DO detract from the original work... but then again... nobody is perfect...
Perhaps if the original statement were uttered less sanctimoniously... sort of the Bin Ladin et al pointing little index finger...
it would have gone unchallenged ...

Thanks again... I exchanged 3 PMs with a certain Dave and never got an answer... just a referral to a post..
to me... poor savage beginner... a needle in a haystack...
and at least to me.. proved the validity of my point... We often hear only what WE WANT to hear...
Arrivederci all,

Francois
August 6th, 2013, 06:56
Not everybody is 'forum savvy' and that is easily forgotten sometimes when one is on-line for most of one's life, as many here are ;-)

Dave22
August 6th, 2013, 07:08
nothing but losers, grown people acting like children. wahhh, I think I'll go stand in the corner and whine. over a lousy paint for a lousy computer game. Enough is enough.

dvj
August 6th, 2013, 07:09
When words fail to describe dismay, there is always................

Milton Shupe
August 6th, 2013, 07:12
Hang on there Aussieman :-) We retired Gentlemen need to stick together here and have fun in our own way. We all have differing opinions; some folks are better than others keeping them to themselves. :-) Enjoy life the way you want to.

dhazelgrove
August 6th, 2013, 07:14
It's always a shame if the trolls should win, don't you think?

Dave

Bjoern
August 6th, 2013, 07:52
Pat: Don't let any f------ f--- judge you and what you like to do. Just imagine punching him in the f------ face and then move on. Or shoot a stealth insult at him. Or simply tell him to f--- the f--- off. Or just post "No.". Or, you know, as a admin...just f------ ban him!

Francois
August 6th, 2013, 08:00
Yo Moderators............ he said the F-word !!!!!

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :pop4:

Bjoern
August 6th, 2013, 08:03
Yo Moderators............ he said the F-word !!!!!

"François"? :icon_lol:

burcham8
August 6th, 2013, 08:08
I'm sorry to see anyone get flamed, on any forum, for what they're doing for free and with no expectation of remuneration...

I don't want to see you go because this is your website as much as it is anyone's; it's like leaving your home. I wish you'd reconsider and keep doing repaints. Everyone's going to have an opinion. So What?! Let 'em.

I appreciate what you, and so many others, do for the FS community! :guinness::guinness:

Marc

gaucho_59
August 6th, 2013, 08:18
Pat: Don't let any f------ f--- judge you and what you like to do. Just imagine punching him in the f------ face and then move on. Or shoot a stealth insult at him. Or simply tell him to f--- the f--- off. Or just post "No.". Or, you know, as a admin...just f------ ban him!

Now that I know what the initial statement motivating Ausssiman's reaction was, I feel free to opine... even if it is just another voice in the dark...
The Salomonic judgment would be: To the admin person: Thou shalt not speak sanctimoniously... or else you can be misinterpreted... think
through what you want to state... read it... REVISE IT IF NECESSARY... (Really nobody likes to be "reprimanded"... remember when you were a kid...
no matter how wrong you were... you still did not like your folks to be pontifical from the pulpit :mixedsmi::mixedsmi::mixedsmi::mixedsmi:
I am what I consider a talented graphics artist... and frankly...sometimes developers "develop" pieces of crap that THEY should be charged for...
Often inexact....also... using fonts that were not in use at the time... etc. ... So live and let live... Everybody needs to make a buck... Mind you.. not ALL are like that!!!

The matter of affecting sales, bad publicity, etc. FROM A LEGAL POINT OF VIEW... to the developers.... caveat enptor : IF YOU ALLOW REPAINTS..
DON'T BE FREAKED BY AMATEURISH EFFORTS... you have left the door open... In other words, if you don't want your work... f....k up... be exigent... NO
REPAINTS WITHOUT YOUR IMPRIMATUR.... (just like the Holy Roman Christian Church)
To Aussieman: LISTEN AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND whomsoever you are paying attention time to... Don't be thin skinned... and don't pick up the battle ax
at the slightest felt affront... but also, DO NOT LET OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINION SWAY YOU FROM YOUR GOALS.... Sometimes well intentioned folks sound
like A-holes... but then again, don't we all at sometime or another....
Remember this dictum: THE STUFF YOU DISPARAGE SOMETIMES SNEAKS BACK AND BITES YOU IN THE ARSE...
With that said... this is my opinion... but I must remember... this is ALL it is... OPINIONS ARE LIKE ANAL SPHINCTERS... EVERYONE HAS ONE...
and I might add... NOT TWO ARE EXACTLY ALIKE AND THE AMOUNT OF HOT AIR THEY DISPERSE IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO THEIR PARTICULAR
PHYSIOLOGY...

Adieu a tous...

caveat enptor... should read CAVEAT EMPTOR.... (buyer beware... )

Francois
August 6th, 2013, 09:14
"François"? :icon_lol:

LOLOL !

Sascha66
August 6th, 2013, 14:24
For me it is simple - I don't mind what people do in their spare time, as long as they leave me well alone I let them get on with their brand.

That goes even more for FS where some people get a kick out of twiddling digital buttons on an FMC, others blow up digital bridges and still others wield a digital paint brush.

The best thing is - it works foreach and everyone of us!

So what is the need to criticise others for the way they enjoy flight simming?

IMO that is so small minded that using that attitude you can go through a closed door - underneath!

What happened to live and let live?

If the guy who kicked off this latest round of unhappiness doesn't have the grace to apologize he should at least have realize by now that he made a LOT of people very angry.

And the guys who were hurt by those ill-judged remarks should realize that their work is appreciated and even loved by a LOT of people too!

Cheers,
Sascha

heywooood
August 6th, 2013, 14:35
Bingo Baby - can we close this one? I think there is a consensus...

SeanTK
August 6th, 2013, 14:42
Let's all try to move on and remember that this is a bunch of adults arguing about a computer game. The admins have been working to prevent too much of a riot, and in the interests of getting back to what's important: flight simulation and helping eachother, I think I'll close this. If anyone has a problem with that or feels the need to say more, let an admin know.

Thanks.

Rami
August 6th, 2013, 15:02
Hey guys,

Just so you know, once I found out from the other Admins about this hubbub, I worked behind the scenes to contact parties, and am continuing to do so. I have no other constructive comments to add to the sentiments expressed here, except to SeanTK's comments that there are Admins who discussed this and came to a consensus on action. That's what we're here for.

Roger
August 6th, 2013, 15:38
Pat wishes to thank all those supporting him and after he has completed some real world affairs will be back in circulation again.