PDA

View Full Version : Gold Rush Alaska Scenery

FSX68
August 5th, 2013, 11:58

DETAILS: This Scenery pack includes a challenging, small, dirt runway and helo pad
at the location of the actual Porcupine Creek Mining Claim featured in the reality series
Gold Rush Alaska. Ideal for Bush Pilot missions, I have tested landings with the
Cessna C208B Grand Caravan and Cessna C172.
I have also enhanced the local airport "Haines PAHN" to include a small hanger for
your Bush Pilot Base (Mac's Aero). This scenery is also compatable for Coast Guard
missions as Haines can handle C130s and helo's. Plenty of parking for multiplayer. I
added a large peir to 3Z9 for larger fishing boats and the Coast Guard Cutter Munro
(available at the TaskForceFSX website). Also included in the 3Z9 scenery is water
parking in the small marina.

Haines: FSX default Airport enhanced by TaskForceFSX
(PAHN) Haines Alaska, United States:
Public
Open full time
Runway 8 / 26
asphalt
4000 ft X 100 ft
lighted
Elev 15 ft
FUEL: Avgas
(Start) 1 helipad (public or coastguard)
(Start) W helipad (Mac's Aero Hanger)
PARKING 1 RAMP GA MEDIUM
PARKING 2 RAMP GA MEDIUM
PARKING 3 RAMP GA SMALL (Mac's Aero Hanger)
PARKING 4 RAMP GA SMALL (Mac's Aero Hanger)
PARKING 5 RAMP GA SMALL (Mac's Aero Hanger)
PARKING 6 FUEL BOX
PARKING 7 RAMP GA LARGE (COAST GUARD C130)
PARKING 8 RAMP GA MEDIUM
PARKING 9 RAMP GA LARGE (COAST GUARD C130)
PARKING 10 RAMP GA LARGE (COAST GUARD C130)

3Z9 Haines, Alaska, US
Public Marina
Open full time
Runway N (water) / S (water)
Parking 1A (water) (marina)
2B (water) (Large pier left)
3C (water) (Large peir right)

(PCMC) Porcupine Creek Mining Claim Porcupine Creek Alaska, US
Runway10/28 1700 feet by 50 feet gravel
NW helipad
Parking 1 Ramp Ga Small

Get it here: http://taskforcefsx.com/GoldRushAlaska.html

AussieMan
August 5th, 2013, 19:38
Great looking scenery mate. Downloaded and will install after I get back from my doctor appointment.

falcon409
August 6th, 2013, 07:47
Downloaded and installed. No problems. The area of the Mining Company (not sure why I didn't take a screen there) is intact and everything looks fine. . .no problems with missing textures (the texture folder is empty and not really required). The remaining areas (PAHN and 3Z9) are as described in his readme (see screenshots). I tried setting up on the water rwys and each one worked as it should.

Installation was straight forward. .dropped the folder into the main FSX Addon Scenery folder and activated in the Scenery Library.

FSX68
August 6th, 2013, 12:52
Downloaded and installed. No problems. The area of the Mining Company (not sure why I didn't take a screen there) is intact and everything looks fine. . .no problems with missing textures (the texture folder is empty and not really required). The remaining areas (PAHN and 3Z9) are as described in his readme (see screenshots). I tried setting up on the water rwys and each one worked as it should.

Installation was straight forward. .dropped the folder into the main FSX Addon Scenery folder and activated in the Scenery Library.

I figured out my problem - operator error!!!:icon_lol:

When I chose the 3z9 airport I should of been in a plane that floats from the get go i.e. amphibian or a helo with floats. That would of stopped the sinking. I then found the little airstrip nearby.

I told the Author that all is well - he wished my happy flying.
I love a good ending. :icon_lol:

heywooood
August 6th, 2013, 14:31
take your time there young feller - these people put a lot of work into these sceneries and paints and then share them willingly. Most often they work as advertised and usually fault lies with the installing.

..lately some feathers have been..not ruffled - more like plucked -so please be sure before you post about some failing or shortcoming, that it isn't something on your own side of the monitor

I say this as one who has also erred - not like some know it all smartass