PDA

View Full Version : rFactor F1 1991.

wombat666
January 14th, 2009, 07:44
Looking good, off to throw these at the Imola chicanes!!! I've been really looking forward to this mod!

wombat666
January 14th, 2009, 11:54
Great! Mikka the Flying Finn and the stop-gap Lotus!

Ferry_vO
January 14th, 2009, 12:30
Been having some fun with this one as well! :woot:

I have another F1-91 mod which is based on the same mod for an old EA F1 game, but this is slightly better in the looks and physics behaviour.

eddie
January 14th, 2009, 20:14
I know you two follow F1 pretty close, but do you remember this old game concerning F1 Racing!?!

If you guess the name, I'll show you where you can get a free legal copy! But, you'd have to run an older set of drivers for your video card. This is a fun sim, but you better know an awful lot about what it takes to run in F1, it sure isn't easy by any means. I'm guessing most of the time in it,lol

Look at this snap, and check out the detail! You have to know what you are doing or what you want for the car, and a good background in the mechanical end of things sure doesn't hurt!:applause:

Ferry_vO
January 15th, 2009, 02:36
Is there a semi-fictional driver called 'John Newhouse' in that game..? ;)

eddie
January 15th, 2009, 15:27
Is there a semi-fictional driver called 'John Newhouse' in that game..? ;)

I'm not sure on that. Its Grand Prix Manager 2, and its all about managing an F1 team! From borrowing money to keep up with the finances, to hiring team managers, getting sponsers, doing R&D on the cars, to racing through the particular season. For a while, if you had the original game, you would have to run it in 256 color mode, which mean't using older drivers for your video card. That has been changed, with the newer patches, and it runs fine in 32 bit color.

They are still making mods for it (different seasons) which go back to the earliest which is the 1991 season. These new mods are actually the whole game, with nothing larger then a 33 MB download. Just unzip the file, open it and locate the GPM2 exe, (there are 3 exe's in there, but just hit the GPM2 exe) and it works just fine!

Here are the mods themselves, the first 2 are used on the original game and will overwrite files in there. All the others are full games. These are all patched up already, just unzip and go! And good luck,lol

http://www.gpm2world.com/downloads.htm

Ferry_vO
January 15th, 2009, 15:34
Thanks for the info, Eddie!
I just tried the original game and it didn't work. I never managed the actual races, but I loved developing the cars and trying to steal technology from the other teams. :d

'John Newhouse' was one of hte original drivers of the Williams team; translated into French his name would be 'Jaques Villeneuve' but I guess he was the only that didn't lend his name to the game..

eddie
January 15th, 2009, 16:44
Stealing technology!?! Maybe you could work for McLaren,lol

wombat666
January 15th, 2009, 22:59
I had no idea at all!
Then again, until Ferry proved to be a bad influence on me and hooked me on GTR2 I hadn't run any race sims since around 1995 ......... :sleep:

eddie
January 17th, 2009, 12:37
Well, looks like Ferry has been busy,lol And Interpol has been called in to question him!:kilroy:

Ferry_vO
January 17th, 2009, 13:02
:engel016: :engel016: :engel016:

I often check the other cars to see if they have any better parts, and if they do I try to 'aquire' their technology. I make a savegame first, so if I can't get in at all I just reload, otherwise it will cost me too much. ;)