PDA

View Full Version : Comming soon, Vancouver Islands, William Lake

trucker17
August 3rd, 2013, 20:26
As the name implies......Coming soon....William Lake on Vancouver Island BC Canada.
William Lake is located on Vancouver Island in British Columbia Canada, the lake is at the northern most part of Vancouver Island.......
Canada's Northern territory and Alaska are just a short flight to the north.....
The lake is being custom made, as FSX does not include it, this will have a lodge with a grass runway with parking, and cabins placed around the lake.....
Any one wanting a Cabin can enjoy one that's available.....
Their will be a Heli pad, and cabins will have private docks for boats and sea planes to park at....
I have tested the lake for size and you can get a PBY Catalina in and out with little effort....
I will consider placing a cabins on request....So if you want your own place to get away and VEGITATE for a while.....This will be the place....
Also a great place for a night stopover on your trip to the FROZEN NORTH......:salute:

mmann
August 4th, 2013, 08:58
You do realize that William Lake is in the Western Forest Products Inc. Bill 28 FDU (Forest Development Unit) and is virtually surrounded by land designated as Old Growth Management Area (as is Brink Lake just to the southeast). If the environmentalists get wind of your proposed development plan, they could hinder your plans big time; just saying. :icon_lol:

Obie311
August 4th, 2013, 09:03
This sounds like just the ticket for my summer cabin. Love that area. Can't wait to see it!

Obie

trucker17
August 23rd, 2013, 07:22
You do realize that William Lake is in the Western Forest Products Inc. Bill 28 FDU (Forest Development Unit) and is virtually surrounded by land designated as Old Growth Management Area (as is Brink Lake just to the southeast). If the environmentalists get wind of your proposed development plan, they could hinder your plans big time; just saying. :icon_lol:

Yeah I know....That's the beauty of it.....When I was a kid, my grandfather would take us to Alaska over the summer months.....I remember him landing the old goose on William lake, and we would set up tents along the banks of the lake......It was a yearly stop over on the way their and back....He taught us a lot about the wilderness and surviving in it....

mmann
August 23rd, 2013, 08:16
I, of course, was being facetious. I still remember when I first installed Victoria Plus on FSX, one of the first short trips I took was from Shawnigan Lake to Sooke Lake. Sooke Lake, for those that aren't aware, is part of the Greater Victoria Water Supply Area and you can't legally get near the lake by boat, car, aircraft or walking! That being said I did land on the lake and I didn't see a CRD (Capital Regional District) employee in sight.:icon_lol:

magoo
August 23rd, 2013, 08:37
I didn't see a CRD (Capital Regional District) employee in sight.
...Regarding governmental budgetary cutbacks.....there can often be a silver lining.

trucker17
August 23rd, 2013, 09:12
Yeah at times them cutbacks can be a god send....especially to us simmers who like to go where we are not supposed to go......Try landing a helicopter on a busy Los Angeles city street, or freeway during the rush hour......:icon_lol:
Of course buzzing your local tower is always a hit with the controller's......

rdaniell
August 23rd, 2013, 09:19
What are you guys saying? We're not supposed to land :stop: on William's Lake? Well looks like I won't be posting any screen shots of the cabin I won in a poker game with some "trucker." I don't think it would be wise to provide any evidence for those CRD employees....:pop4: You never know where they may be lurking.:running:

I was never at William's Lake and I do not remember any poker game. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.:kilroy:

RD

trucker17
August 23rd, 2013, 09:26
What are you guys saying? We're not supposed to land :stop: on William's Lake? Well looks like I won't be posting any screen shots of the cabin I won in a poker game with some "trucker." I don't think it would be wise to provide any evidence for those CRD employees....:pop4: You never know where they may be lurking.:running:

I was never at William's Lake and I do not remember any poker game. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.:kilroy:

RD

That was no poker game.....It was a raffle, the Lodge was lost in the poker game.....%$&# SOH staff.....always win everything:icon_lol: