PDA

View Full Version : HELP from painting expert!!

WND
August 3rd, 2013, 18:05
I am not well versed in painting so I am in need of some assistance from one of our 'painting experts'..

I have imported an FS9 aircraft (Alpha T-6) into FSX and all went well except the prop as you can see from the attached pics - the 'disk' seems to be a little dark!!!

If your willing to spend a few minutes in helping me correct this, I surely would appreciate it..

Thanks;

Bill

gman5250
August 3rd, 2013, 18:37
If you don't have the software to alter the propdisk file you can "borrow" one from an existing FSX native aircraft livery.

Just copy the propdisk file from that file and paste it into your Alpha T-6 file. Make sure the name is identical and you should be good to go.

FSX68
August 3rd, 2013, 18:46
That's what I do!!!!

WND
August 4th, 2013, 01:40
Thanks Gman and FSX68 for your responses - I didn't realize you could do that and get away with it - I always thought the 'prop' file in a particular folder WAS for that particular aircraft!! BOY, never stop learning with this stuff!!!

If you don't have the software to alter the propdisk

I do have the software (Photoshop C3) and I've 'dabbled' in painting - I just haven't messed with that particular file yet...

I also have to give thanks to "Midav" - who sent me a BMP and it works great - so I'm 'good to go' now on the T-6..

Again thanks everyone - hope you have a great day..

Bill