PDA

View Full Version : Pelican Inn...

rdaniell
August 3rd, 2013, 16:49
The construction guys will be back on Monday to hopefully finish this 8 room motel for me. It will be the middle of September, at the earliest, before the guys with the bulldozers get back to the island.

The little motel is for my next project. It is based upon a real life motel which is located on a small island in the Gulf of Mexico. There's a grass strip on the island. You can get to the island by aircraft, boat, or ferry. Not a whole lot of development on this island as contrasted with St. George's Island.

I have many great memories of taking my son and a picnic lunch for a day at the beach. We flew down from Clanton, Alabama, in my Champ and later my Ercoupe.

RD

MCDesigns
August 3rd, 2013, 17:01
Very cool! I also enjoy hearing about the memories attached to your work. :applause:

TuFun
August 3rd, 2013, 17:29
Very nice indeed! Looks just like the Pelican Inn.

paiken
August 3rd, 2013, 18:52
Complete with a cement pond!

Flyboy208
August 3rd, 2013, 19:59
Dog Island Florida?

trucker17
August 3rd, 2013, 20:05
Looks great my friend.....

fxsttcb
August 4th, 2013, 04:46
On my way there now!

Ferry? Doan need no stinkin' ferry... :icon_lol: ...Don

rdaniell
August 4th, 2013, 05:25
On my way there now! Ferry? Doan need no stinkin' ferry... :icon_lol: ...Don

Yes, :applause:it's Dog Island. Don, ole bud, you better not slow down until you get back on dry land or you'll be sleeping with the fish.:icon_lol:

RD

rdaniell
August 4th, 2013, 13:09
...There are also some private houses for rent if you desire a little bit more privacy. This one has it's own hot tub out on the deck...:jump:

RD

rdaniell
August 4th, 2013, 15:35
Who needs a runway:wiggle: when you have all that beautiful beach front. Now didn't someone say something about a hot tub?:icon29:

RD

Obie311
August 4th, 2013, 15:43
Randy you are really hooked on the scenery object creations! Your work just looks better and better. As one who's spent a little time in the "wiregrass" and "redneck riviera" area I can tell you these will get good use. Just thing for some weekend BBQ'ing and cold beer drinking with the retirees from Hurlburt.

Thanks again,
Obie

MCDesigns
August 4th, 2013, 16:11
Who needs a runway:wiggle: when you have all that beautiful beach front. Now didn't someone say something about a hot tub?:icon29:

RD

dang Randy, that looks even better in FS, nice work!
BTW where are the bikini babes for the hot tub?

rdaniell
August 4th, 2013, 17:28
dang Randy, that looks even better in FS, nice work!
BTW where are the bikini babes for the hot tub?

Mine :wavey:is in the back seat of the J-3. I'm afraid NO BABES :icon_lol: will be included when I release this scenery. It will be a BYOB :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

RD

rdaniell
August 6th, 2013, 17:09
...on Dog Island. Two more beach houses have been finished. Some more information about Dog Island in case you have looked at an aerial view.
All those cars sitting there are not because there's a lot of people visiting on the island. They are abandoned vehicles. Been there for years. I don't know why but I just read about them as I was looking for more photos to work with.

RD

rdaniell
August 7th, 2013, 15:51
....you have landed on the right island look for this sign. If you don't see this sign in the little parking area, you are not at Dog Island...:isadizzy:

RD

fxsttcb
August 8th, 2013, 04:27
Landing Fee? ...Landing Fee? :angryfir:

One way around that... :icon_lol:

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q756/fxsttcb/FA43/C195DogBeach_zpsabcb914d.jpg

Looking Great Randy! :applause: ...Don

rdaniell
August 8th, 2013, 04:46
Landing Fee? ...Landing Fee? :angryfir: One way around that... :icon_lol: Looking Great Randy! :applause: ...Don

Thanks Don. I can tell you that when you get the latest version with signs and a dock, the dock will be sitting on dry ground on your set-up. But, what the heck!, you know how to move it....

I uploaded the latest version this morning. Should be ready later today.

RD

Obie311
August 9th, 2013, 13:17
So one of my old buddies invited me over for a weekend visit to his house on Dog Island. I flew the amphib Porter as I wasn't sure of runway condition so I wanted the option of a water landing. I overflew his house and he came out to the strip to pick me up in his Unimog. 9169691697

BTW... he waived the exorbitant landing fee since I brought two cases of Abita Springs adult beverage and 10lbs of shrimp from Buddy Gandy's.

Smilin' Obie