PDA

View Full Version : Check out my new ride..

rdaniell
August 1st, 2013, 09:29
...You never know what you might find when you're looking for textures, etc., on SketchUp's 3D Warehouse.....
And for the purist here, it's sitting in front of a hanger....:icon_lol:

RD

Francois
August 1st, 2013, 09:32
LOL ! Not entirely 'standard', der Käfer :kilroy:

falcon409
August 1st, 2013, 10:49
Very cool RD:applause:

fxsttcb
August 2nd, 2013, 04:49
Some serious rubber under that baby! :icon_lol: Cool stuff Randy...Don

rdaniell
August 2nd, 2013, 05:12
A FSX drivable model would be even cooler...TuFun...ya reading this? I saw a drivable VW in some of your screen shots I believe.

RD

rdaniell
August 2nd, 2013, 11:45
A FSX drivable model would be even cooler...TuFun...ya reading this? I saw a drivable VW in some of your screen shots I believe. RD

I guess so since you posted the link in your thread..."Beep Beep." Thank you.

RD

rdaniell
August 2nd, 2013, 12:00
This little baby fits right in for this screen shot. Thanks.

RD

trucker17
August 2nd, 2013, 12:02

RD

WHAT DID YOU DO TO HERBY ? !!!!!!
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/paperclip.pnghttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=91227&stc=1&d=1375378166

rdaniell
August 2nd, 2013, 12:05
WHAT DID YOU DO TO HERBY ? !!!!!!

That's the driveable one. The link to it is in TuFun's thread: "Beep Beep."

RD

Dain Arns
August 2nd, 2013, 12:06
This little baby fits right in for this screen shot. Thanks.

RD

Wow, looks exactly like my high school friend Mike's VW, way back when. :applause:
It was only 40hp, so couldn't get into too much trouble.
If I remember, he slid off the road one winter.
No damage, we just pushed/lifted it out of the ditch back onto the road and continued to school.
That air cooled engine never could produce enough heat to keep the windshield defrosted. :icon_lol:

TuFun
August 2nd, 2013, 12:28

RD

After seeing your souped up bug... I brought out the old '51 Beetle! My father was stationed in Germany and bought a new black '58 Beetle and shipped it back to the states.

Many years later he bought a used '64 Beetle, and decided to replace the put-put engine with a Super Bug 1600cc. It barely fit between the frames, but man did it have power!

rdaniell
August 2nd, 2013, 13:04
I've owned two of them over the years. Very dependable vehicles.

RD

kilo delta
August 3rd, 2013, 04:04
I used to restore these back in the early 90's. I had a '77 Beetle Cal looker with all of the early panels (sloping headlights,long bonnet and decklid) slammed suspension, 1641cc fully chromed and detailed engine, Ford Fiesta XR2i interior,in Porsche Guards Red paint and rolling on US imported polished EMPI 8 spoke alloys. It took me 4 years to rebuild it, every nut,bolt,washer and rubber replaced and it was written off 3 weeks after it's debut. :(