PDA

View Full Version : NEWS FLASH - M2M F-15E Mudhen AU....

hae5904
July 30th, 2013, 11:34
Especially for those not having Facebook, here a NEWS FLASH:

M2M F-15E/I Mudhen Avionics Upgrade nearing to get released !!

Enjoy.

http://imageshack.us/a/img62/4370/4wlu.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img132/1430/f9ma.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img202/7069/aztw.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img708/8060/i88n.jpg

Cheers,
Hank

Barfly
July 30th, 2013, 11:39
Is this a complete package, aircraft and all?

Mach3DS
July 30th, 2013, 12:04
I imagine we're waiting for TacPack upgrade before it's released? Seems like a few Devs are on hold for this as well...The flood gates will be opened whenever VRS releases that upgrade!

fsafranek
July 31st, 2013, 08:01
Is this a complete package, aircraft and all?
Not sure about that. I believe they made the Iris F-15E that was taken off market.
Would be nice if one didn't half to buy the whole thing again and/or if there was
a price break for those who already did.
:ernae:

dhazelgrove
July 31st, 2013, 08:45
I'm not one for 'mud movers', but that's tempting - if I ever get FSX working again, of course.

Dave

hae5904
July 31st, 2013, 09:26
Not sure about that. I believe they made the Iris F-15E that was taken off market.
Would be nice if one didn't half to buy the whole thing again and/or if there was
a price break for those who already did.

The following was taken from facebook, but will certainly clearify some questions.

"I have to warn you it needs an upgraded Iris F-15E Mudhen Driver to work so you might not want to purchase it if you don't already own it. We are the owners/developers of the Iris F-15E Mudhen Driver. Well we had to take it back so these upgrades and support could be made.

Unfortunately we have to charge a $15.00 fee, to do this, and instead of putting another full version F-15E on the market so people would have to purchase it all over again at a regular price. We decided to do the upgrade for customers and slowly bring out new installments to service the F-15E over time with items like new 3D model, export variants, cockpit upgrades, and of course full integration of Tac Pack.

Once these future additions are ready, then we will stop selling the AU and offer the FULL VERSION new F-15E Mudhen at a higher price.
Here is the good news, since people are an AU customer they don't have to worry and get their new FULL VERSION as a free update to the AU."

Cheers,
Hank

flaviossa
July 31st, 2013, 10:07
Didnīt know Iris stoped selling their F15 :kilroy:

hae5904
July 31st, 2013, 11:51
Didnīt know Iris stoped selling their F15 :kilroy:

Iris was told to stop selling it and continue with out their permission.
But that is far as I will go

Cheers,
Hank

Smudge
July 31st, 2013, 13:47
Always two sides to every story. :) Just something many people seem to forget.

skyhawka4m
July 31st, 2013, 15:42
I foresee a lock coming very soon here

strykerpsg
August 1st, 2013, 11:11
So, original Iris/M2M model, just updated with new avionics and weapons capability, correct? Whose name will go on the new release for support? Also, any chance TFR will be available, at least as much is possible in FSX engine. Looks very nice, but always has. Just didn't seem as capable as the other Mudhen available then, however with the enhancements, much more palatable for my simming budget.

Skyhawk_310R
August 1st, 2013, 14:03
I foresee a lock coming very soon here

That may well be, but I've learned that information vacuums rarely, if ever, lead to harmony. Instead, people tend to fill in their own blanks, and seeing it all their own ways, tend to foment more misunderstandings and disharmonies in the future. If such a lock is warranted, I would recommend that with the lock come a brief and very factual statement as to what is going on. Or, at least a link to such a factual explanation.

To my eye, it seems about every other week, something this way comes and in one way or another seems to circle around something without anything ever being truly known. I'm at a Jack Webb moment here -- "just the facts, ma'm!"

Ken

stovall
August 1st, 2013, 14:24
The explanation for this thread is simple. It is about the upcoming M2M F-15E/I Mudhen Avionics Upgrade, period. Comments should be confined to this subject to keep things on track. For those that own the F-15E/I Mudhen, this is a very exciting announcement. We anxiously await the release of the enhancement.

Skyhawk_310R
August 1st, 2013, 15:25
The explanation for this thread is simple. It is about the upcoming M2M F-15E/I Mudhen Avionics Upgrade, period. Comments should be confined to this subject to keep things on track. For those that own the F-15E/I Mudhen, this is a very exciting announcement. We anxiously await the release of the enhancement.

Yes, but people have a right to know what they are paying for. A simple statement was revealed but then another person seemed to dispute that. Who supports this product after purchase? Is the ownership of this work under dispute? If nothing else, a link to where people looking to purchase can go to receive answers on these understandable questions seems warranted. I think that is directly related to this release.

Ken

strykerpsg
August 1st, 2013, 18:08
Yes, but people have a right to know what they are paying for. Who supports this product after purchase? Is the ownership of this work under dispute?

Ken

I agree with this part as well, hence my second question. I would love to support M2M in their endeavors and if this is their first official release, then I'm all in to buy and support.

Anyway, agree its potentially exciting news, even though I own one Mudhen with these capabilities. Can never have too many mud movers.

stovall
August 1st, 2013, 18:32
The link to the Metal2Mesh site is HERE (https://metal2mesh.com/store/index.php?main_page=page_2). You can search their forums or contact them directly for questions.

strykerpsg
August 1st, 2013, 19:09
The link to the Metal2Mesh site is HERE (https://metal2mesh.com/store/index.php?main_page=page_2). You can search their forums or contact them directly for questions.

Thanks for the link Tom. The February 01, 2013 announcement explains it all. Definitely reconsidering this purchase now knowing how it will be supported and looking forward to their other ventures as well.

ZEUS67
August 1st, 2013, 20:39
Flying test of the TF System. To use it you must have the AAQ-13 nav pod onboard the aircraft.

strykerpsg
August 1st, 2013, 20:43
Flying test of the TF System. To use it you must have the AAQ-13 nav pod onboard the aircraft.

OMG! Thank you. Real life just uses the RADAR though, right?

ZEUS67
August 1st, 2013, 20:58
OMG! Thank you. Real life just uses the RADAR though, right? I don't understand your comment. The manual says that TF is only available with the TF radar built in the AAQ-13 FLIR/RADAR pod. The APG-70 is not optimized for TF so it is not advised to use it for nap of the earth flying.

strykerpsg
August 1st, 2013, 21:26
Sorry Zeus. I wasn't criticizing just showing my ignorance of how the actual plane uses TFR. I thought the APG70 did the TFR. I knew it had a mapping capability and therefore did the TFR. If it doesn't, then makes sense of why it needs the sensors.

I have seen many other developers comment about the challenges of the FSX engine and terrain following so am ecstatic to see anyone develop a work around in FSX for a purpose designed flight mode specifically for this aircraft. So definitely looking forward to this one as well.

ZEUS67
August 2nd, 2013, 06:05
Sorry Zeus. I wasn't criticizing just showing my ignorance of how the actual plane uses TFR. I thought the APG70 did the TFR. I knew it had a mapping capability and therefore did the TFR. If it doesn't, then makes sense of why it needs the sensors.

I have seen many other developers comment about the challenges of the FSX engine and terrain following so am ecstatic to see anyone develop a work around in FSX for a purpose designed flight mode specifically for this aircraft. So definitely looking forward to this one as well.

I'm sorry if I came too strong. It was a surprise for me as well to learn that TF is only possible when that pod is installed, but after thinking about it for a while it made sense. The APG-70 is a fantastic radar but it cannot do two things at the same time. If you are doing TF then you cannot be scanning for targets and vice-versa. The F-111 had 3 radars built in the nose, one of them a TF radar. The F-15 fuselage is too small to incorporate another radar system inside so they decided to put it in a pod and hang it below the engine intakes. Weight penalty is probably minimum considering the aircraft engine power.

strykerpsg
August 2nd, 2013, 07:51
I'm sorry if I came too strong. It was a surprise for me as well to learn that TF is only possible when that pod is installed, but after thinking about it for a while it made sense. The APG-70 is a fantastic radar but it cannot do two things at the same time. If you are doing TF then you cannot be scanning for targets and vice-versa. The F-111 had 3 radars built in the nose, one of them a TF radar. The F-15 fuselage is too small to incorporate another radar system inside so they decided to put it in a pod and hang it below the engine intakes. Weight penalty is probably minimum considering the aircraft engine power.

Zeus, no worries at all. It's funny how immersed into Microprose F15 Strike Eagle's I-III that I owned that I never paid attention to needing the pods to survive my ingress/egress into bad guy territory. Just always knew it was a bad a** plane and I wanted to have one. Thanks to your teams efforts, I will soon own 2.

hae5904
August 2nd, 2013, 15:14

Wow, that really looks cool Larry !! Awesome work.

Cheers,
Hank

Skyhawk_310R
August 2nd, 2013, 18:34

Perfect! That and the notice to read the February post answered everything.

Thanks,

Ken

Skyhawk_310R
August 2nd, 2013, 18:37
OMG! Thank you. Real life just uses the RADAR though, right?

A most impressive E2 display! I have never seen that done in an FSX aircraft before and it looks excellent! The E2 display shows a vertical radar presentation which allows the pilot to see his vertical relationship to terrain ahead even if in clouds. The WSO could then display a horizontal radar display showing the horizontal position of ground elements and between the two navigate the aircraft safely and effectively in clouds low to the ground.

Essentially the pilot handles the vertical and the WSO handles the horizontal. It's similar to how crews on the MC-130 does it using their TF/TA radar system. The prime difference being that the radar system on the MC-130E and MC-130H were, in fact, multi-mode radars that could operate in three ways. A time-sharing sweep in X-band provided both vertical TF scan and horizontal TA scan, while a second onboard radar system provided for Ka and Ku band precision ground mapping radar sweeps in pencil or fan beam. When the pilots and navigators performed their jobs well it was just a beautiful piece of coordinated human aerial performance!

Ken

fsafranek
August 3rd, 2013, 07:43
Has it been tested at night with crash detection on. It's no trick to fly in that mode during the day and subconsciously make minor up/down adjustments. You have to trust that gauge completely to make it worthwhile. Like IFR training under the hood.