PDA

View Full Version : Milviz Boeing 737-200c Released

MenendezDiego
July 29th, 2013, 16:55
Perhaps my favorite aspect of working on any project is having the privilege to announce it's release here at Sim-Outhouse, where I first got my start in FSX.

With that, I am very happy to announce the release of the Milviz Boeing 737-200c, which can be purchased directly from our site.

For all Milviz Direct Customers, there is a $5 off coupon available through the end of August when you purchase off our site.

For those that have not seen the promotional video, it can be seen below:

http://youtu.be/PgPSYgL0sw0

On behalf of the Milviz team and myself, we hope you enjoy her as much as we enjoyed bringing her to the masses.

Link to Purchase: http://milviz.com/fs/item.php?id=B-737

All the best, Diego

stovall
July 29th, 2013, 17:51
Looks like a real winner Diego, thanks for posting the video and introducing the Boeing 737-200C.

dauribe
July 29th, 2013, 19:12
Thanks a lot Diego for such nice products.. I own the baron and the 310 and this one looks much much better than those 2 together. Could you tell me if there is an option to hide the yoke. I know is not relevant but I don't have any head tracking hardware and it is a nice option to have.

Thanks again

Dan

MenendezDiego
July 29th, 2013, 19:48
Hey Dan,

To my knowledge, there is no option to hide the yoke. I was without head-tracking software for many years, so I know where you're coming from.

However, the default view shows the panel clearly (yoke doesn't get in the way whatsoever). Everything is readily accessible and visible. Thank you for the kind words.

All the best, Diego

CG_1976
July 29th, 2013, 20:20
I will be picking this as soon as the USCG Paymaster farts and coughs lol. It is a must as it has my beloved and stomping grounds Canadian North and the First Air Tribute to the Inuit Drummer tail flight that crashed at CYRB.

dauribe
July 29th, 2013, 20:27
Thanks Diego for your fast reply.. I will be picking this one up tomorrow morning for sure..As I said, the yoke thing is not a deal breaker but getting the best 737 200 for FSX is and I can tell that this one is for sure and by far the best.

Dan

fliger747
July 29th, 2013, 21:32
I hope you folks like this one. I did the flight dynamics and actually flew the 200 combi for a number of years as Captain. I think it does a pretty good job of replicating the 200 experience. A great plane for "gunk holing". Going in and out of all sorts of out of the way primitive places. Used to fly into Dutch Harbor (PADU) of Deadliest Catch fame!

Regards: Tom

greenie
July 29th, 2013, 23:40
Thank you Diego and Milviz . I have all your planes and all are top shelf . I'm not really a tube flyer but I bought this in support of a great developer house.

What a good model to train with ! Cheers

jetstreamsky
July 30th, 2013, 01:52
Superb modelling as always, flies really sweet, gonna spend many hours flying into some remote places with this.

Dain Arns
July 30th, 2013, 05:06
I pre-ordered it, downloaded and installed, but still haven't had the chance to fly it. Real life sucks sometimes. :icon_lol:

Lionheart
July 30th, 2013, 08:24
Congrats on the release! I know this was a lot of intense work. Hope it does well.

pbearsailor
July 30th, 2013, 08:58
I have the Captain Sim 737 as well and still like it, but the Milviz one is on a whole different level. You can just jump in and fly or you can go pretty deep into systems. Thanks to Tom, the flight model sure seems better than the oft tweaked CS one, but I've never flown a real one so that's all subjective.

Milviz has made one of the very best VC's I've seen with this one.

Cheers,
steve :wavey:

Dimus
July 30th, 2013, 11:34
This airliner is may be the only one that has stirred my interest so far in FSX. It is really a hands on, rugged bird that can even be considered a "bush" plane. Lots of fun flying it manually but if you also fancy FMC and autopilot flying, it's all there. To top it all it runs great on my aging setup.

MenendezDiego
July 30th, 2013, 18:24
We've got banners :)

http://i.imgur.com/mwZKucC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oadarac.jpg

Regards, Diego

yankeeromeo
July 30th, 2013, 21:22
We've got banners :)

http://i.imgur.com/mwZKucC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oadarac.jpg

Regards, Diego

Thanks Folks, great 732:salute::salute:
:medals::icon29:

Timbohobo
July 30th, 2013, 22:30
I also prepayed for this and am very happy with it

But I wish they would let me join their forum so I can say thanks..............

MenendezDiego
July 30th, 2013, 22:57

Hey,

With regards to the forum, our web guy is off in a distant land where it's hot...that's all we can say.

He'll set you all up as soon as possible, but it's safe to say he has more pressing matters.

I'll pass on your thanks to the team. It is much appreciated. :salute:

Regards, Diego

Timbohobo
July 30th, 2013, 23:29
He'll set you all up as soon as possible, but it's safe to say he has more pressing matters.

Oh... I'm glad I dont have any pressing issues then :icon_eek:

yankeeromeo
July 31st, 2013, 03:13
Hello Folks,

any Cargo repaints on the way:ques:
:icon29::icon29:

Pepere
July 31st, 2013, 06:15
Do the instruments reply to normal FSX commands, ie., heading bug, autopilot, etc.. be controlled by fsx hardware addon dials??? Captan Sim aircraft and others do not always use normal FSX commands.... Makes owning hardware not so much fun.

David

n4gix
July 31st, 2013, 08:08
Do the instruments reply to normal FSX commands, ie., heading bug, autopilot, etc.. be controlled by fsx hardware addon dials??? Captan Sim aircraft and others do not always use normal FSX commands.... Makes owning hardware not so much fun.
Where it was possible to do so, yes.

Roadburner440
July 31st, 2013, 10:29

Glad to hear you enjoy the product. I do mass forum account creation when I get off of work everyday. So as long as you send an email to Roadburner440 at milviz dot com with the username that you would like to use on our forums, and your purchase information I will get your account set up. We certaintly do appreciate the thanks, and I am glad to see so many people are enjoying it. Definately is hot over here, but ah well. Be back State side in about a months time, so I will be back to being more active on SOH again.

JIMJAM
July 31st, 2013, 16:25
Curious to hear about what kind of performance/fps/cockpit load speeds ect people are getting.

Timbohobo
July 31st, 2013, 17:12
Cheers, forum access sorted!

Jimjam, FPS is fantastic, I dont notice much if any difference between this and a default FSX aircraft

Gotta go, got bushstrips to menace :a1089:

CG_1976
July 31st, 2013, 23:28
Roadburner440 you'll have my info soon in yah box. Yessss a beautiful Canadian Arctic classic and still a major lifeline in the Arctic today. Just did a wonderful full series startup from CYZF and now inbound to CYEG. One thing is for sure once you learn this combi in RW you never ever forget her. Tom excellent job on the FDE. The Canadian North C-GSPW acts like the beast it is as I know. I was very fortunate when Det to RCAF 440Sq to get special training in the Empress as part of a emergency take over crew in case of emergencies. I can still start her after being absent from her controls for 1 and half years, you just never forget with this classic. Remember all Virtual fliers who dare the Arctic beware she can be a beast with gremlins.
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l519/CAF440/mpe1_zps5ecdf113.jpg
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l519/CAF440/mpe2_zps9d65bd4c.png
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l519/CAF440/mpe3_zps06784bcc.png

Skyhawk_310R
August 1st, 2013, 13:53
I hope you folks like this one. I did the flight dynamics and actually flew the 200 combi for a number of years as Captain. I think it does a pretty good job of replicating the 200 experience. A great plane for "gunk holing". Going in and out of all sorts of out of the way primitive places. Used to fly into Dutch Harbor (PADU) of Deadliest Catch fame!

Regards: Tom

I can think of no finer endorsement that to realize that a man who flew the actual aircraft is the one who created the FSX flight modeling files. I am certain that any limitations, if any, are simply a direct byproduct of limits within FSX for which there are simply no work arounds available.

I think this is an outstanding jet!

Ken

Pepere
August 1st, 2013, 19:11
Where it was possible to do so, yes.

Thanks - When I'm back home from my Florida vacation It will be the first aircraft I purchase. The 737-(Early models) are my favorite aircraft to fly....

David

fliger747
August 3rd, 2013, 10:48
The 737-200 was probably the most fun jet I ever flew, one you could fly and not manage.

T

PRB
August 3rd, 2013, 11:26
Off to work on UFOs... Nice work to all involved. Always liked the early 737s.

CG_1976
August 3rd, 2013, 11:28
The 737-200 was probably the most fun jet I ever flew, one you could fly and not manage.

T

Yep and a few times in Yellowknife's blasted cold WX I could remember banging and pounding my fist on the dash top to knock the gauges loose from stuck lol or fighting a stiffy on approach because the tail and elevators go nuts with the shifting fast winds in the midnight sun. I would not want to imagine doing the Dutch runs in the mid winter, that had to be crazy.

fliger747
August 4th, 2013, 09:15
The winds in the winter at such havens as Dutch, Kodiak, Juneau etc could be formidable, this in the pre GPS era. Long range nav was a somewhat unfriendly LORAN. Then the Cold of Fairbanks and Barrow were other challenges. An honest if not perfect plane.

T

CG_1976
August 4th, 2013, 10:17
Tom, there is a PADQ Kodiak in FSX/Prepar3D development atm in idle mode. They have the USCG Station nearly accurate and working on the LC and photo-scenery. By chance do you have any pics of the main ramp and Terminal? I went thru my pics and dang nab it all I have pics of is the CGAS side lol.

fliger747
August 4th, 2013, 19:24
Been flying international for some time now (18 years) so I don't get down to Kodiak much. Will ask around though.

T

dougal
August 5th, 2013, 08:18
Are there no repaints yet for this aircraft?
Ta!

pbearsailor
August 5th, 2013, 09:37
Are there no repaints yet for this aircraft?
Ta!

Check the Milviz forums. There are a few there in progress and paints for American and Aloha Air Cargo available.

-steve

CG_1976
August 5th, 2013, 10:50
Atm, I'd like to ban all American Ops at KSAT. There darn chrome with the sun brightness and the extreme temps we have are dangerous if your not wearing eye protection and if the sun hit there fuse just right and beams the light to the grass fire like the old mag glass trick. Twice yesterday I got blinded as did two SWA flights err and ground crews had to put out two minor fires in the grass quick. will be happy when American finally switches all chrome to the new paint.

Skyhawk_310R
August 5th, 2013, 13:53
Atm, I'd like to ban all American Ops at KSAT. There darn chrome with the sun brightness and the extreme temps we have are dangerous if your not wearing eye protection and if the sun hit there fuse just right and beams the light to the grass fire like the old mag glass trick. Twice yesterday I got blinded as did two SWA flights err and ground crews had to put out two minor fires in the grass quick. will be happy when American finally switches all chrome to the new paint.

Really? The bare polished aluminum can actually cause a grass fire?

Ken

fliger747
August 5th, 2013, 17:47
The glare made him drop his cigar.....

T

n4gix
August 10th, 2013, 09:34
For general information's sake, the anticipated "Hot Fix" has been released and is available from the Milviz.com website.

In addition, there is also a more advanced "night lighting" package available for those who have Vista OS or better, as well as a DX11 capable video card with at least 1GB of onboard memory. The installer package for this also has an "Uninstall/Reverter" option in case one wishes to go back to the released "night lighting" easily.

flaviossa
August 10th, 2013, 09:52
Where can we find a screen with the advanced night lighting? I donīt have the 737 yet.

n4gix
August 10th, 2013, 12:49
Where can we find a screen with the advanced night lighting? I donīt have the 737 yet.I don't know aside from the official Support Forum. There is this one that's at "full bright" but a lot of the subtlety is lost:
http://www.b737.org.uk/images/glare-200adv.jpg

The actually lightmaps are the same for the released and the "advanced" versions, it just that the advanced takes advantage of the graphics card's onboard processing and use of shader blending modes. It's faster and better blended.

Anneke
August 10th, 2013, 13:29
From where at the milviz website can the hotfix be downloaded?

flaviossa
August 10th, 2013, 14:54
Thanks Mr. Bill. Perhaps some owner will publish a VC shot for us with the effects. Frankly, i donīt know why a nice feature is hidden from possible buyers, after all itīs just a Screenshot. I will get it as soon as my CC says iīm good to go :icon_lol:

papab
August 10th, 2013, 14:57
From where at the milviz website can the hotfix be downloaded?

Milviz forums:
http://www.milviz.com/forum/

"Completed Milviz Projects", "737-200 Support Forum"

Rick

EDIT:
Access to the 737 Support Forum is for customers only. Once a customer has contacted RoadBurner440 with their proof of purchase, they are given access to the Support Forum
Just drop a line at: Roadburner440 at milviz dot com to either get an account or get access to the support forum if you already have an account.

mgchrist5
August 10th, 2013, 17:48
Milviz forums:
http://www.milviz.com/forum/

"Completed Milviz Projects", "737-200 Support Forum"

Rick

Hi Rick,
Like Anneke, I'm also unable to find the hotfix at the Milviz 737 forum. Do you know if it's under a specific post, or if it has yet to be posted?

It's a distinct possibility that I'm completely overlooking it.....I'm dense at times!

Thanks.

jetstreamsky
August 10th, 2013, 18:08
It may be like me you haven't been allowed access to the sub form for 737 support yet.

Email a request for access to Roadburner440 at milviz dot com

mgchrist5
August 10th, 2013, 18:26
It may be like me you haven't been allowed access to the sub form for 737 support yet.

:redf:

I knew I missed something. I was looking in the 737 general forum, not the support forum. Email sent to Roadrunner.

Thanks Jetstream.

miragecy
August 11th, 2013, 00:13
Hmm, they need to change their forum policy. I can see all support forums but cannot see the 737 support forum. How would I know if there is an update, or an actual Boeing 737 support forum??

Andy

MenendezDiego
August 11th, 2013, 00:28
Hmm, they need to change their forum policy. I can see all support forums but cannot see the 737 support forum. How would I know if there is an update, or an actual Boeing 737 support forum??

Andy

Access to the 737 Support Forum is for customers only. Once a customer has contacted RoadBurner with their proof of purchase, they are given access to the Support Forum, much like Lotus.

miragecy
August 11th, 2013, 00:41
Access to the 737 Support Forum is for customers only. Once a customer has contacted RoadBurner with their proof of purchase, they are given access to the Support Forum, much like Lotus.

As soon as the pre pay option was offered, I bought the aircraft and I already have access to the other support forums from the days I purchased the F-86 and T-38

Andy

MenendezDiego
August 11th, 2013, 01:11
As soon as the pre pay option was offered, I bought the aircraft and I already have access to the other support forums from the days I purchased the F-86 and T-38

Andy

Andy,

We do not have an automated system to open up forums based on which aircraft you have purchased.

Please email Roadburner as per the product page and he'll get you squared away.

miragecy
August 11th, 2013, 01:46
I'll do that :cool:

Andy

Roadburner440
August 11th, 2013, 02:09
Hopefully got you guys taken care off. Email box has been cleared. As Diego and them said just drop me a line at Roadburner440 at milviz dot com to either get an account or get access to the support forum if you already have an account.

miragecy
August 11th, 2013, 02:20
Instant response, thanks Steve! :salute:

Andy

MenendezDiego
August 11th, 2013, 02:23
Thought I'd share this video showcasing our new DX11 Night Lighting System:

http://youtu.be/atG-zkWTBXg

Regards, Diego

MenendezDiego
August 15th, 2013, 16:21
Made a video showing a quick startup procedure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJerxhj1Rtg

Regards, Diego

stovall
August 15th, 2013, 18:42
Cool stuff Diego, thanks for sharing the videos.

fliger747
August 16th, 2013, 05:28
Years ago I was flying 737's out of Denver Stapleton, was supposedly current on all the models, but had been flying only the 300 and 400 for months and months, and what shows up on the ramp but a 200! My FO and I sitting in the cockpit wondering... "How do you start this thing?". That and having to get out the charts and tune everything.....

Easy plane if you do it every day.

T

JIMJAM
August 16th, 2013, 09:02
Waiting for it to be available from Simmarket.

dougal
August 16th, 2013, 11:44
I too am still waiting for road runner to respond to an email request;-(