PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Owned By Chevy?

Panther_99FS
July 28th, 2013, 12:37
A post-race comment got me thinking....
*Seems* to me like over the last decade or so...whenever Chevys were strong...not much complaints. But whenever a Toyota or Ford got strong, it was off to the dyno to measure horsepower...

Am I wrong :ques:

PRB
July 28th, 2013, 12:57
Interesting. Haven't thought about it like that, but you may have a point. I like how Dale Jarrett put it: Something to the effect that qualifying was a "formal affair", in that "bow ties were required". Of course DJ drove a Ford...

stansdds
July 28th, 2013, 13:00
Chevy has been a perpetual whiner in NASCAR.

Terry
July 28th, 2013, 13:34
A post-race comment got me thinking....
*Seems* to me like over the last decade or so...whenever Chevys were strong...not much complaints. But whenever a Toyota or Ford got strong, it was off to the dyno to measure horsepower...

Am I wrong :ques:

This is nothing compared to the whining over the Dodge and Plymouth in the 60's.

Panther_99FS
July 28th, 2013, 15:04
Chevy has been a perpetual whiner in NASCAR.

Over the last 10yrs, you might very well be correct...

Daveroo
July 28th, 2013, 15:16
but ALL winning engines are taken and torn down...thats how kenseths part was found..im not going to say one way or another here being a ex GM product driver and a roush fan...but they all get torn down in the end..soooo..

Panther_99FS
July 28th, 2013, 15:29
but ALL winning engines are taken and torn down...thats how kenseths part was found..im not going to say one way or another here being a ex GM product driver and a roush fan...but they all get torn down in the end..soooo..

Yes but this doesn't measure horsepower (as I understand it..)....Remember not so long ago everyone was complaining about Toyota & off to the dyno the engines went....

Daveroo
July 28th, 2013, 17:45
ok..i thought they did do a dyno test on them...this i dont know....i should try and ask my friend allen if he knows