PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth...

luckydog
July 27th, 2013, 21:39
Anybody having problems with the Earth spinning uncontrollably......no way to stop it ??? It was working fine the other night :isadizzy:

PeteHam
July 27th, 2013, 21:53
Glad I'm not the only one with that issue. :isadizzy:

Mainly it's ok , but then it will either spin east to west or occasionally north to south.

No way to stop it though when it's like that. But it's very intermittent.

Pete.

luckydog
July 27th, 2013, 22:08
Glad I'm not the only one with that issue. :isadizzy:

Mainly it's ok , but then it will either spin east to west or occasionally north to south.

No way to stop it though when it's like that. But it's very intermittent.

Pete.

Thanks for the feedback, Pete.........mine spins from the get-go and I can't figure out how to stop it. I added Instant Scenery to P3D a few days ago and was using G.E. to look at airports, but now I'm on hold. Must be a glitch or hack in the system.

TARPSBird
July 27th, 2013, 23:13
The other night I noticed that my Google Earth icon had mysteriously changed position on my desktop. I think it got some kind of automatic update. When I opened it I had an odd globe display with a grey dot in the center and two grey arrows on either side, and when I did a search the display would not automatically zoom to the search location. It also kept tilting to the oblique view when I manually zoomed in. I uninstalled and reinstalled with no change, then finally went to the Navigation tab under Options and monkeyed with the settings. Suddenly everything was back to normal with these settings (see screenshot).

PeteHam
July 28th, 2013, 00:25
Thanks TARPSBird :applause:

Didn't even know about the Options setting ( after all these years :redf: )

The Tilt setting has recently started and it was very annoying, now you've helped me delete it. :ernae:

Thanks,

Pete.

beana51
July 28th, 2013, 06:02
I found by using my CH flight yoke. and its buttons along with my mouse I stopped the Spinning,and back to normal..annoying as hell...Never had it ,untill new install...I'am OK now with it....

Daveroo
July 28th, 2013, 07:45
i noticed last night that my "programs" thingy on the start button showed i had a "new install" so i looked,,i hadnt installed anything,and it was google earth,i opened it and got the wildly spinning eath,uninstalled and redownloaded the lastest version..still did it..so i sent the feedback thing through the help button..havent checked today..but thatnks for the post on how to set the settings..

Daveroo
July 28th, 2013, 08:52
welp..tried the settings changes...no relief..but nascars about to start..so im off..later all

luckydog
July 28th, 2013, 09:33
Thanks Tarp !!

turns out that the last upgrade enabled my "non-mouse controller" (CH yoke).
I disabled that and am now back to normal.

TARPSBird
July 28th, 2013, 18:15
Glad I was able to help correct at least some of the weird GE behavior. :salute:

Daveroo
July 29th, 2013, 07:47
Hi All....the build i have is 7.1.1.1888 ,the past few days,including last night ( 7-28) it was still doing that wierd spinning...i just checked now..(7-29 @ 8:46am) and its back to normal...what the heck happened??

Landman
July 29th, 2013, 09:34
The Earth is spinning? Hold on tight, we're all gonna be flung out into space.

No, but seriously, thank you for posting on how to turn off that @#$%$%^& annoying as hell automatic tilt while zooming feature.

rhumbaflappy
July 29th, 2013, 11:53
Space bar usually stops the spinning. "r" sets the default view (no tilt and North-aligned).

The 7.x versions don't allow for NO terrain elevation, which is something designers usually need when tracing scenery... I reverted to version 5.2.1.1588.

You can get old versions here:

https://support.google.com/earth/answer/168344?hl=en

You might need to use something like AutoRuns to stop Google from auto-updating your version:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Dick