PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted! How to configure controllers!

Navy Chief
July 27th, 2013, 13:52
I posted the following in another thread. Hopefully it may get more attention here?

I have had DCS installed for many months now, but have never gotten past the point of configuring my Saitek 52 controller system to work with it. Additionally, I have CH Pedals hooked up.

Have tried to find answers on how to get my controllers to work, but no joy yet. Apparently set up is not nearly as "user friendly" as other sims like FSX.

NC

Stefano Zibell
July 27th, 2013, 21:01
I just went into options, controls, double-clicked whatever I wanted to assign, and pressed the button I thought made sense for that function. Pretty much exactly what I do in FSX.

IanHenry
July 28th, 2013, 01:58
Hi Chief,
setting your controls is quite easy, once you get the hang of it. Just go to Options, controllers page, select the aircraft you want to configure (each aircraft is listed twice, Game & Sim), then find the function that you want to assign, double click on if and then press the button on your joystick. Be aware that some axis settings will be present that you may wish to delete, Roll and Pitch settings on your rudder pedals for example.

One thing that is a bit of a pain, is that you have to set your controls individually for every aircraft in your hanger, both game and sim. Keep at it, it is worth the effort.

Regards,
Ian.

Navy Chief
July 28th, 2013, 03:47
Thank you Stefano and Ian! NC

Navy Chief
July 28th, 2013, 16:51
Well, success of sorts. I was able to configure the various axis assignments. Now to assign the buttons, etc... A daunting task for me, as I am not used to combat sims. NC

Phantom88
July 29th, 2013, 09:33
Hello Chief,On the DCS site there are numerous profiles uploaded for any number of Joysticks for a number of different modules,Look under user downloads to find them,Most come with a picture of the device with description of what button controls what.

Navy Chief
July 29th, 2013, 10:26
Thanks! NC