PDA

View Full Version : Alabeo Tomahawk new pics (vc with gauges)

thefrog
July 27th, 2013, 04:55
https://www.facebook.com/Alabeo

spotlope
July 27th, 2013, 04:56
I can't put my finger on why exactly, but I've always loved the Traumahawk. This version is on my must-buy list.

rdaniell
July 27th, 2013, 05:00
I can't put my finger on why exactly, but I've always loved the Traumahawk. This version is on my must-buy list.

Well, at least, you know what instructors nicknamed it....:icon_lol:

RD

bstolle
July 27th, 2013, 05:18
FYI, the Alabeo version stalls & spins like the real one :)

heywooood
July 27th, 2013, 07:36
excellent - good to know that the FDE was in good hands

ryanbatc
July 27th, 2013, 08:57
Wonder why those pics seem low-res.... could be FB compression wrecking things again... my first taxi in a small plane was in the traumahawk. It was summer 2001, and we were going to go flying (it was my intro to flying flight) but T storms in the area made us not go at the last moment. I later came back, flew in the Warrior and did a few courses before heading up to UND in Grand Forks for PPL ASEL.

mmann
July 27th, 2013, 09:02

I feel the same way about the Tomahawk. I don't know why, but it just seems to be such a fun aircraft! With the FDE working right, this should be an excellent aircraft for flying around the PNW.

Sundog
July 27th, 2013, 09:52
As an aside, Carenado have also posted painted pics of the Piper Malibu Mirage at their preview page. I've always considered it one of the best looking GA aircraft ever designed.

As for the "Trauma"hawk, I always remember seeing those bounce around the sky during windy approaches when I was a student at Purdue. It's another nice looking Piper.

Naismith
July 27th, 2013, 10:14
Long overdue aircraft, I had their old model (FS2000? or FS2002?) which was nice then. Looking forward to this.

ThinkingManNeil
July 27th, 2013, 10:33
I've never been a fan of low-wing Pipers; most are rather homely, uninspiring machines, especially those with the old "Hershey Bar" wings. The only exception in my book has been the humble Tommy, which I think is a very smart looking and attractive aircraft for its type. I know the Beechcraft Skipper was very similar in design, but my preference is for the Tomahawk with its more spacious doors and more substantial, IMO, vertical fin/elevator set up. I've not flown a Tomahawk in real life, so anything I know of it has come from reading second hand opinions. The Tomahawk II seems to have been a definite improvement over the initial iteration that came out in 1979, and from what I understand has a much firmer control feel than the Cessna C-152, which I always found to be a little twitchy when I flew them (my instructor was on me constantly for my "riding the trim wheel"). I often wonder if the wing loading on the 152 is a bit light for the job it was designed for, and if Cessna had adopted the same GA-W1 wing found on the Tomahawk that it would've been an even better trainer than it already is.

I have the JF Tommy in both FSX amd FS9, and they're basically my "go to" aircraft now, but JF has a rather wonky fuel & payload weight setup app that I never quite got sorted out. Also, for some reason, when you fly the Tomahawk in FSX you have a companion in the right seat for the flight, but in FS9, the seat stays empty. Be nice if developers would include a female co-pilot (or PIC) now and then.

I'm eagerly awaiting Alabeo's offering. PayPal's fired up and ready to go!

N.

Dain Arns
July 27th, 2013, 10:45
Good!
That means the Robinson R66 Turbine will getting closer!
(Yes, some of us have different priorities and agendas from the fixed wing folks.) :icon_lol:

Geesh, I wasn't considering the Tomahawk, but after seeing the pics, I might have to get it. :kilroy:

Roger
July 27th, 2013, 11:42
Yep, Tomahawk is a must for me.:applause:

thefrog
July 30th, 2013, 13:40
Release must be very close now - new pics up today

Bushpounder
July 30th, 2013, 19:37
I used to pick these things up in Lock Haven and ferry them. Fun plane to fly, but not good for LONG x-country flights! :(

Don

doublecool
August 3rd, 2013, 15:50
I was thinking this one was ready for release? :kilroy: :jump:

Looks like alot of fun :applause: