PDA

View Full Version : Normandy 1944 sneaked in under the radar

Francois
July 26th, 2013, 10:55
90916Much like the real Operation Overlord we have quietly published our long awaited Base Pack tonight. Quietly because we are BOTH very much occupied with a number of things and both on the road this weekend. So the Big Bang Announcement with all the PR fanfare and whiz-bang images and sounds is still to come. But if you are really really really impatient, you can have a look at FranceVFR's shop here http://www.francevfr.com/product_fshnor.htm clicking on the yellow button will even take you to the purchase form that is also available in English :icon_lol:

I myself am working hard at finishing a little 'action footage' of what things will look like once we start providing some of our additional freeware packages. The one I am working on now is a rendition of Juno Beach (Canadian Sector), to be followed by many more.

Now, don't tell Laurent that I told you....... officially we'll have more info next week when we are both back 'on base'. ;)

warchild
July 26th, 2013, 11:26
Awwwe damn francois. You caught me a week before payday and with my wallet dry.. :;lol:; Damn am i gonna love flying the P-61 around there..

Francois
July 26th, 2013, 11:38
It is all Laurent's fault. First he waited for 6 months and then he publishes it it suddenly ! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Not to worry, it will still be here in a week from now....... :wavey:

warchild
July 26th, 2013, 11:55
It is all Laurent's fault. First he waited for 6 months and then he publishes it it suddenly ! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Not to worry, it will still be here in a week from now....... :wavey:

Shame on you Laurent.. Shame shame shame.. :::LOL:::
Am really looking forward to this.. I'm restarting work on the schnellboot as well and just spoke with wizard from Naval Engagement so we will have an E boat with full weapons functionality to go with this incredible scenery.. just bear with me. i got so much to learn its not funny..

Francois
July 26th, 2013, 12:01
Excellent !!!! :applause:

stovall
July 26th, 2013, 12:25
François is there a way to change the page to English? I tried the flags on the right with no luck. The purchase page changes to English ok.

Francois
July 26th, 2013, 12:33
alas, no, and we're still translating it..... I thought Laurent would put it up next week, but he too had to leave this weekend. We'll have full details on various sites next week. Meanwhile you can read it on one of my pages here: http://fsclassics.com/ww2-theatres/normandy/normandy-1944-for-fsx/

stovall
July 26th, 2013, 12:35
alas, no, and we're still translating it..... I thought Laurent would put it up next week, but he too had to leave this weekend. We'll have full details on various sites next week. Meanwhile you can read it on one of my pages here: http://fsclassics.com/ww2-theatres/normandy/normandy-1944-for-fsx/

Thanks, that makes it easy and look forward to more as this develops.

Francois
July 26th, 2013, 12:36
We see this as a long-term project with focus on freeware and a commercial base (just to keep us in business). Much more in the works.... see my little video ;-)

Lionheart
July 26th, 2013, 16:56
Congrats, Francois! This is one huge undertaking...

:medals:

Firekitten
July 27th, 2013, 21:15
It looks amazing, really awesome work... My only question is what lead you guys to chose to use photo realistic texture from the 40s? (and leave it uncoloured) its certainly unique... a very different take on scenery, what made you choose it?

warchild
July 27th, 2013, 21:46
Francois.. Please forgive my ignorance, but does this scenery cover Cherbourgh??

Francois
July 27th, 2013, 23:08
It looks amazing, really awesome work... My only question is what lead you guys to chose to use photo realistic texture from the 40s? (and leave it uncoloured) its certainly unique... a very different take on scenery, what made you choose it?

Colouring is just a near impossible job, without having the Pixar Studios or similar at our side ;-) And we wanted the REAL country to show as it was BACK IN 1944. So the 1946 aerial photos from IGN came closest and that's what we had to work with.

Actually, the freeware objects I develop are still in colour...... I think I'll make a BW version too (just 'dial back' the colour intensity), but am not sure yet.

Francois
July 27th, 2013, 23:09
Francois.. Please forgive my ignorance, but does this scenery cover Cherbourgh??

Yes, Cherbourgh is included, so is St. Malo in the southwest. :)

warchild
July 28th, 2013, 08:22
Yes, Cherbourgh is included, so is St. Malo in the southwest. :)

Thats awesome. Thank you.. I was doing research on Cherbourgh last night, and omg what a mess.. Most of the available photos resemble post apocalyptic hell more than an actual location. i DID find the S-boat docks a the southern end of the military base, and the fort on one corner of le Petite Rage as well as this half cylindrical sbb that doesnt show up in the recon photos as well as the dual gun emplacements on the hill to the south ( i think ) but none of it matches FSX or P3D. I know your mesh will be a lot more accurate. it'll make it easier to comprehend.
Thanks Francois.. Very much appreciated..
Pam

warchild
August 2nd, 2013, 20:11
YAYYYY.. Its up on Sim market.. Downloading my copy now.. :)..
Pam

Francois
August 2nd, 2013, 23:11
Oh good !! My uploads are still not working :-( Laurent must have managed to send them to the retailers before he left :-)

Francois
August 2nd, 2013, 23:47
90916Much like the real Operation Overlord we have quietly published our long awaited Base Pack tonight. Quietly because we are BOTH very much occupied with a number of things and both on the road this weekend. So the Big Bang Announcement with all the PR fanfare and whiz-bang images and sounds is still to come. But if you are really really really impatient, you can have a look at FranceVFR's shop here http://www.francevfr.com/product_fshnor.htm clicking on the yellow button will even take you to the purchase form that is also available in English :icon_lol:

I myself am working hard at finishing a little 'action footage' of what things will look like once we start providing some of our additional freeware packages. The one I am working on now is a rendition of Juno Beach (Canadian Sector), to be followed by many more.

Now, don't tell Laurent that I told you....... officially we'll have more info next week when we are both back 'on base'. ;)

The Base Product is now officially available from not one but THREE on-line shops: FranceVFR, simMarket and simWare. The latter too also have an English product page.

http://www.simw.com/flight-simulator-add-ons/normandy-1944.html

http://secure.simmarket.com/francevfr-normandy-1944.phtml

http://www.francevfr.com/product_fshnor.htm

Ian Warren
August 3rd, 2013, 15:04
I have re-coloured small areas , gently brought the it in , if the photo is divided makes it easy , then you can add the AGN and i have done most of New Zealand - Norfolk Is - PNG and few other areas - that is the time consuming part is hand place AGNs , the Normandie Peninsular could really gradually grow into an authentic WWII Real-McCoy :cool:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">