PDA

View Full Version : Sherman_Municipal Released

falcon409
July 25th, 2013, 18:07
Well, what an eye-opener. . . .I just uploaded the airport scenery. I took a look at some of the other works in the recent scenery uploads and one stood out that rocked me back in my seat. Dimus produced the "Fantasy of Flight" scenery which contains 32 custom made buildings. . .his download is a tad over 8megs. . .my scenery has 3 buildings and tops out at almost 100meg. Folks, there is something seriously wrong with that picture, lol.:isadizzy::isadizzy:

MCDesigns
July 25th, 2013, 18:59
Did you include photoscenery? This is usually what increases the size.

Bomber_12th
July 25th, 2013, 19:16
Yep, most of the file size appears to come from the photo scenery base (which I'm fine with, as it really looks superb). : )

falcon409
July 25th, 2013, 19:19
Did you include photoscenery? This is usually what increases the size.
Yep, and just before I came in here (Had to go play a few rounds of "Delta Force Extreme" to calm down, lol, lol) I checked it and after including several seasonal changes, plus a night texture, the photoscenery is 90meg. Phew. . .I completely forgot about that.:173go1: lol

MCDesigns
July 25th, 2013, 19:32
That's ok Ed, the island scenery I am working on right now is at 305 mb for the photoreal, LOL.:running:

falcon409
July 25th, 2013, 19:53
Amazing! You spend so much time with it that the size becomes irrelevant after awhile.

Dimus
July 25th, 2013, 23:31
Ed, I just saw John's screenshots on his F4U thread. That place looks fantastic. I'll go get it after work and see for myself.

Roger
July 27th, 2013, 03:35
Thanks Ed, great job!:applause: I bet Sherman will blend well with FTX Global.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/sherman-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/sherman-2.jpg

rdaniell
July 27th, 2013, 10:48
I heard that there had been an airplane crash due to contaminated fuel around here. I jumped in the King Air to come out here and see if it was the fuel that was stolen from my Sylvester Ag Operation. Can't seem to find anybody who knows anything.:kilroy:

RD

fxsttcb
July 27th, 2013, 12:18
Nope! Didna crash. Was on my way here. Been a while, but, I got into Montgomery Reg'l(KMGM) Dead Stick, Pucker Factor of 10, but, OK. :jump:
Now, that was fun. I haven't done a sim of that in a loong time.
Flushed her out, refueled, and back on track. :running: With an empty wallet, and overexposed Visa Card. :sleep: That'll teach me!

See ya soon Ed!...Don

rdaniell
July 27th, 2013, 12:29
Nope! Didna crash. Was on my way here. Been a while, but, I got into Montgomery Reg'l(KMGM) Dead Stick, Pucker Factor of 10, but, OK. :jump:
Now, that was fun. I haven't done a sim of that in a loong time.
Flushed her out, refueled, and back on track. :running: With an empty wallet, and overexposed Visa Card. :sleep: That'll teach me! See ya soon Ed!...Don

Don't you know better than to broadcast over a frequency that I just might be monitoring.....I'll just wait at Sherman for you.....with the local sheriff.

I guess that Matt is just keeping himself hid for the next few days. Hoping this will all blow over.....

RD

rdaniell
July 27th, 2013, 13:16
While the sheriff and I were waiting for Don to finally show up, two men got off this helicopter and approched us. They told me to just get back on my King Air and go home. One of them also said that my fuel bill would be paid in full when I returned. He said it had something to do with national security and what I thought had happened....didn't. They both looked like they were "packing heat" so I just did what they suggested.

RD

Matt Wynn
July 27th, 2013, 13:25
sorry, that'd be due to my 'Rainbow' type unit passing through this evening... will notify you in future, the armed party have been cautioned and told it wasn't necessary :icon_lol:

great work though Ed, looking forwards to what else you come up with :salute:

rdaniell
July 27th, 2013, 14:16
sorry, that'd be due to my 'Rainbow' type unit passing through this evening... will notify you in future, the armed party have been cautioned and told it wasn't necessary :icon_lol: great work though Ed, looking forwards to what else you come up with :salute:

Well, I've got the rented King Air back at KTMA now. Boy! was I surprised .:wiggle: When the fellow told me my fuel bill would be paid in full......He meant the whole dang thing. It was a sizable one as I was several months in arrears. The rental bill :pop4: for the King Air was also paid in full.

So little buddy, any time you and Don want to steal fuel from my little ole ag operation, feel free.....:icon_lol:

RD

CG_1976
July 27th, 2013, 14:36
Falcon, just reporting in your scenery of Sherman is working like a top in Prepar3D not UTX or custom mesh. Thank you for sharing your home Texas Airport. Till this was released I only had default Texarkana in that area. thank you for helping me learn more about my new home RW State of TX, I really appreciate it.

glennc
July 27th, 2013, 16:46
Ed,

Very well done. It's not a perfect match in Megascenery Dallas, but it's very passable.

Thanks.

Glenn

fxsttcb
July 28th, 2013, 04:24
Finally arrived. Wow! Jaw dropping freebie! Great detail. :applause::applause:
You also did an exemplary job blending it into the default scenery. Not an easy task. :salute: ...Don