PDA

View Full Version : Sylvester, Georgia, Airport..

rdaniell
July 25th, 2013, 08:56
...Still a WIP but, I solved the lack of av gas at the airport problem. I just drove over to KTMA and bought enough to fill a tank that I put on the back of the old farm truck.

RD

falcon409
July 25th, 2013, 09:06
Ha, ha.. .there ya go.

Matt Wynn
July 25th, 2013, 09:26
thuffering th.... no i'll restrain myself.... well that's one way to do it i guess, and now you have that you can just charter in a weekly or bi-daily delivery :icon_lol:

rdaniell
July 25th, 2013, 09:47
thuffering th.... no i'll restrain myself.... well that's one way to do it i guess, and now you have that you can just charter in a weekly or bi-daily delivery :icon_lol:

Lordy Matt, don't bust a stitch...I got this idea from a real life episode. A friend who is the chief test pilot and vice-president of product support for Thrush Aviation in Albany, Georgia, and I drove down to Bainbridge with a tank like this on a trailer. Thrush was building about 20 of their airplanes with radials for export. He needed the fuel for test flights and didn't want to pay the really high prices at the FBO across the airport from the Thrush plant. Thrush has its own jet fuel supply for the turbine powered Thrushes.

RD

Matt Wynn
July 25th, 2013, 10:00
yeah we have to do similar at my local farm strip, when there's a fly in 2 of us load barrels into the Jackaroo in place of rear seats then fly to where we find cheapest fuel in local area... do that a few times, add a bit of profit back when it's sold on to the incoming lot and that goes into the airfield management for things like tree pruning, grass mowing etc...

rdaniell
July 25th, 2013, 10:23
yeah we have to do similar at my local farm strip, when there's a fly in 2 of us load barrels into the Jackaroo in place of rear seats then fly to where we find cheapest fuel in local area... do that a few times, add a bit of profit back when it's sold on to the incoming lot and that goes into the airfield management for things like tree pruning, grass mowing etc...

Matt, I like the way you think there "ole boy." This av gas, however, is reserved for my Cessna Ag Wagon. I'm in the process of writing an AI traffic file that will place Alebeo's Cessna at Sylvester. Since I can only do that using TTools for FS9, I plan to send the file to a friend who I'll ask to convert to a FSX traffic bgl so as not to interfer with anyone's other AI traffic. I plan to then release this project.

RD

fxsttcb
July 25th, 2013, 10:31
...This av gas, however, is reserved for my Cessna Ag Wagon...Wanna bet?!
Looks to be another fine addition to my scenery library. :salute: ...Don

Matt Wynn
July 25th, 2013, 10:41
Wanna bet?!

i'll distract him while you brim the tanks :icon_lol:

rdaniell
July 25th, 2013, 11:31
Looks like I'll have to scrap plans for including an AI traffic file which uses the Alabeo Cessna Ag Wagon(Truck). I can't get it to show up. I remember having a similar problem with only one other airplane that I wanted to use as AI. I have another Cessna 188 that I have used as AI somewhere in my hanger.

RD

Paul Domingue
July 25th, 2013, 12:23
I like the way you are going with the scenery. :salute: I would love to see some scenery for the Mobile river delta and the Tombigbee with some AI water traffic. :applause: I used to love fishing for bream on the delta with my old cane pole. Lots of bones but what a great tasting fish. Oh and don't forget to put some gators.

fxsttcb
July 27th, 2013, 05:08
i'll distract him while you brim the tanks :icon_lol:Thanks, Matt! Done! Do ya think he'll notice? :icon_lol:

stansdds
July 27th, 2013, 05:16
Wanna bet?!
Looks to be another fine addition to my scenery library. :salute: ...Don

That's a cool looking truck and I was thinking the same thing.

rdaniell
July 27th, 2013, 05:50
That's a cool looking truck and I was thinking the same thing.

The truck is the default "old farm truck." The fuel tank was custom made by me. I simply placed the tank in position on the truck and set the elevation
to: 2.8 feet.

RD

rdaniell
July 27th, 2013, 06:02
...I decided to remove the building at the ag operations area and build my own custom buildings. There are actually two building there at the real airport.

I sent a WIP copy of this airport to someone to take a look at for me. Well, he did and then stole all my av gas. Boy is he in for a surprise as that fuel was contaminated.....:icon_lol::icon_lol:

RD

Matt Wynn
July 27th, 2013, 06:24
Thanks, Matt! Done! Do ya think he'll notice? :icon_lol:

must have woken him up with that thing, just in case i'm going to lie low in nearby foliage :icon_lol:

looksing good RD, might give me somewhere to fly other than Utah (Utah is my main US point as it's a similar climate and look to Greece), wasn't me that half-inched your fuel... i was erm... throwing firecrackers into an open topped barrel :icon_lol:

fxsttcb
July 27th, 2013, 06:48
...Boy is he in for a surprise as that fuel was contaminated.....:icon_lol::icon_lol:
Fart...Pop...Bang..Fart...Pop...Bang...Pop...Pop.. .....Fart...Pop...Bang.......Silence. Uh Oh...:icon_eek:

rdaniell
July 27th, 2013, 07:29
Fart...Pop...Bang..Fart...Pop...Bang...Pop...Pop.. .....Fart...Pop...Bang.......Silence. Uh Oh...:icon_eek:

Told on yourself didn't you.....:icon_lol: :icon_lol::icon_lol: :icon_lol:

RD

rdaniell
July 27th, 2013, 08:02
...I decided to fill the av gas tank on the truck again and upload the file. I hope whoever downloads it will watch out for fuel theives.:icon_lol:

You might want to put a lock on the fuel tank...

RD

UPDATE: IT IS ALREADY TO GO....Here's a couple screen shots of the revised ag operations area.

stansdds
July 28th, 2013, 04:17
The truck is the default "old farm truck." The fuel tank was custom made by me. I simply placed the tank in position on the truck and set the elevation
to: 2.8 feet.

RD

I gotta start thinking outside of the box! :pop4:

rdaniell
July 28th, 2013, 05:40
I gotta start thinking outside of the box! :pop4:

I don't know if you noticed or not but, the barrels sitting on the dock of one of the buildings were placed in a similar manner. I placed them under the roof on the dock and then set the elevation to 3.1 feet. You can stack objects, like barrels, on top of each other simply by adjusting the elevation of the object on top.

RD

fxsttcb
July 28th, 2013, 06:38
The update looks great Randy. :applause:

Thanks again!

Yo, Matt...:monkies:...Don

falcon409
July 28th, 2013, 06:58
I've gotta get it installed so I can do some flying. Excellent job RD...looks great!:applause: