PDA

View Full Version : Beta Testers for KSWI

falcon409
July 24th, 2013, 07:41
I want to release this airport but I have some reservations and would like to get a better idea of how it looks and runs on other systems. I am running GEX and UTX only so if you have other mesh, etc I would need to know that if it has problems. I am going to upload it to my Box.net account and so if you'll PM me your e-mail addys I'll send the link. Thanks!

Matt Wynn
July 24th, 2013, 07:46
Ed, i'll be happy to assist you there, i use FSGlobalX (or whatever they're calling it these days) as well as Ultimate Terrain USA (do a lot of flying in Utah mainly so i saw them as essentials :icon_lol:)

rdaniell
July 24th, 2013, 08:35
p.m. with address sent.

RD

Dimus
July 24th, 2013, 08:53
Normally, I'd love to, but I do't have enough time for useful testing as I'm off on vacation in two days.

Looking forward to the finished airport.

falcon409
July 24th, 2013, 09:44
My thanks to Randy, John, Dave and Matt for volunteering to try this first scenery out (Dimus, no problem, I know you've been on the go for awhile now). Hopefully, if no major problems are found, I'll release this within a few day. Thanks guys!!:salute:

rdaniell
July 24th, 2013, 11:12
I've just installed Sherman and did a brief drive around in the Jeep. Everything looks good both in the daytime and at night. I'll do some flying around it later.

I can't comment on how it will work on other computers as I have the exact same two add-ons as you...UTX and GEX.

I really like the addition of the power line poles. Are those default SketchUp?

RD

rdaniell
July 24th, 2013, 16:03
I took another look at Sherman from the air. Every thing looks good to me. I see no reason not to release it. I like the handicap spot in the parking lot and the traffic pattern sign out in the middle of the field. I can't seem to upload any screen shots presently.

RD

Matt Wynn
July 24th, 2013, 16:07
i'd agree with RD, not found any bouncing issues along the routes either, very nicely done Ed! kinda makes me wish i could figure out these custom ground textures so i could make my farm strips... anyways great job, all systems nominal, can't see any reason either why not to get it out there :salute: go for launch i'd say, no need to keep it in the hold :applause:

falcon409
July 24th, 2013, 16:44
i'd agree with RD, not found any bouncing issues along the routes either, very nicely done Ed! kinda makes me wish i could figure out these custom ground textures so i could make my farm strips... anyways great job, all systems nominal, can't see any reason either why not to get it out there :salute: go for launch i'd say, no need to keep it in the hold :applause:
Thanks Matt and RD. . .I've heard from the other beta testers and they agree. John Terrell did notice a few things. . .the grass wasn't there (I forgot to add those files to the zip) and a problem with the concrete intersection at the middle of the rwy.

I'm going to take a look at that right now and I've moved the grass bgl and texture so they'll be included with the release. Thanks to all of you guys for a terrific job in looking over the scenery.
:applause::applause::applause::applause:

warchild
July 24th, 2013, 17:07
Thanks for doing this Ed.. i'm looking forward to basing my new c-117 there :).. I know its going to be awesome..