PDA

View Full Version : FSX and P3D Booster

stovall
July 22nd, 2013, 06:55
This is just a heads up on a couple products I tried recently. Some are still struggling with FPS and trying to get FSX to run smoothly. There has been much written about tweeking this and that. I think I have tried most solutions and found many helped significantly. Still one always would like things to be better. Recently I found an article by Nels Anderson over at Flightsim.com detailing two versions of the same product. They are called FSX Booster and P3D Booster. I have purchased and tried both. They both do exactly what they advertise. Both FSX and P3D run smoother with better FPS . They deserve at least a look and the price is definitely right. Here are the links to the articles by Nels.

Many with advanced knowledge regarding tweeks will probably think paying money for such a program is not something for them. From what I can see this program does all or most of the things that allow FSX and P3D to run at their max. Hope this helps some. Could be a big help to those with lower end computers.

FSX Booster Article HERE (http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?13956-FSPS-FSX-Booster-2013-Released)

P3D Booster Article HERE (http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?13989-FSPS-P3D-Booster-2013-Released)

MCDesigns
July 22nd, 2013, 08:14
Thanks for the info Tom. While I don't have any issues with my FSX install, I was curious and went and read both the flightsim page and the product page. It's to bad the writing is all marketing hype, would have been better to at least help explain some of what it actually does. Looks like it has some useful ideas and a easier way to control some of the manual tweaks though. Will keep it in mind.

Dain Arns
July 22nd, 2013, 11:36
Can't hurt I guess at that price.
I noticed it has a graphic interface for making the adjustments, which would be nice when you are tweaking.

It'll be 10% off on Tuesdays at PC Aviator, maybe I'll try it then. :icon_lol:

luckydog
July 22nd, 2013, 11:59
being an absolute illiterate when it comes to computers, I picked up the Xtreme P3D booster several months ago and
am Xtremely happy with the results.

Paul Domingue
July 22nd, 2013, 17:23
Does it work any better then Bojote's Tweaking and Tuning tool for FSX?

hschuit
July 22nd, 2013, 22:42
And Nick Needham has just published the 1st chapter of "THE FSX COMPUTER SYSTEM: THE BIBLE" (http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html)

Looks like this is going to be a very comprehensive guide on how to set up your PC and FSX with the current hardware.

Naismith
July 23rd, 2013, 00:02
And Nick Needham has just published the 1st chapter of "THE FSX COMPUTER SYSTEM: THE BIBLE" (http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html)

Looks like this is going to be a very comprehensive guide on how to set up your PC and FSX with the current hardware.

Good to know, though even his settings were never definitive. Somewhere between Nick and Kostas and Jesus there is a sweet spot. So much depends on individual systems and video cards that there can be no one answer.

But with a bit of research and reading there are no magical solutions offered by these commercial solutions.

MudMarine
July 23rd, 2013, 04:17
I for one think the money I paid for P3D booster was money well spent! I can tweak but I'd rather be flying. I'd recommend P3D booster to anyone!

Bjoern
July 23rd, 2013, 05:53
Good to know, though even his settings were never definitive. Somewhere between Nick and Kostas and Jesus there is a sweet spot.

I'll take Nick's tweaks any time as he offers a complete, i.e. OS *and* sim solution and keeps it all fairly simple.

Navy Chief
September 9th, 2013, 05:36
Just read a review on Flightsim about FSX Booster. I am a registered user. Although the review does not mention it, I read on the designers website that registered users get a 30% discount. So I take that to mean I would have to pay for the 2013 version?

That is disappointing.......

NC

OleBoy
September 9th, 2013, 16:28
P3D Booster? Hmmm, not really a need for my system, but.

When is someone going to make a program that will scan the flightsim PC's peripherals that will do the suggested tweaking needed to run at best performance?
Having FSX or P3D as a simulator should be a given knowledge. And scan-able as a base point.
What video card we have installed in today's day and age should be common knowledge by now. And detectable to recommend the best recommended setting.
What memory and how much should be detectable also.
I would also think that CPU's (based on socket) should be scan-able and the clock speed read for settings of best performance in a tweaking utility. Couldn't they? I would think yes.

All of the people that recommend this or that could be used as reference points to create a recipe (programming?) for BEST results of individual peripherals. Couldn't they?
Grow from common knowledge that's already known. Maybe then I'll buy something like FSX/P3D Booster.

Just my 2cents worth on the subject.