PDA

View Full Version : JHS_North_Afrika_re-released!

Rami
July 10th, 2013, 09:19
Good afternoon.

Those who beta tested the Western Desert campaign might have wondered why I'm sitting on my thumbs and not releasing it. I am waiting for this project to be completed...

I spoke to Achim some time ago about revising the bitmaps to better match the surrounding scenery in Northern Afrika. Except for a handful of bases we discussed, he has been able to do this without modifying the GSL work and airfield layouts.

I have been truly stunned by the results of this effort, and thought I'd share a few pics.

Shadow Wolf 07
July 10th, 2013, 09:58
It looks like terrific work. Having done blended, textured airbases myself I can appreciate the effort put into these. Kudos to Achim! :salute:

misson
July 10th, 2013, 10:04
I love the desert scenerys, but coast lines always were a boogaboo for me, there are some improvement about this? actually from where to where the available covers?
Btw these airfields looks really good! :jump:

Rami
July 10th, 2013, 10:10
Shadow Wolf and others,

Here is another picture set...

Rami
July 10th, 2013, 10:43
I love the desert scenerys, but coast lines always were a boogaboo for me, there are some improvement about this? actually from where to where the available covers?
Btw these airfields looks really good! :jump:

Misson,

Jean Bomber's coastlines cover from Morocco to Alexandria, Egypt.

Jagdflieger
July 10th, 2013, 11:43
Achim is certainly one of our best construction engineers! :medals:

kelticheart
July 11th, 2013, 04:26
Very nice! :jump: :jump: :jump:

I see with pleasure that the same trick used by SargWilly, when he first tackled the job of turning into GSL sceneries all airfields made by Mauro Giacomazzi/Corrado La Posta, was adpoted by Achim.

I am speaking of playing with alpha textures in a way that all African runways look partially covered with dust and sand. The end result in CFS2 is simply splendid and realistic, although I had few problems telling some secondary strips from the surrounding dunes at altitude.....:blind:

If I may offer a small suggestion, let's plant palms and baobabs only around them. Using Australian vegetation from Leroy10's libraries will make all the Aussie chaps and RAAF squadrons fighting there very happy, but North Africa will look like Queensland! :wiggle:

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Rami
July 20th, 2013, 15:43
Good evening,

I am happy to announce that Achim has re-released his North Afrika airfields. There are a total of seventy-five airfields in this package, and there are updated bitmaps for fifty of them...the ones which were in the greatest need of revision, and the ones which are most heavily used. Several of them needed to be relocated, so the old files are also included so you know which files need to be removed before adding the new ones.

The other bitmaps will be revised in due course, but these are just bitmap re-coloration, and will not involve the airbases needing to be moved. So when those are ready, they can just be "dropped in."

Many thanks to Achim for doing this, because it allowed me to finish the Western Desert campaign! :salute: