PDA

View Full Version : F_Giulli_Italian_Baltimores by Peperez

peperez
July 18th, 2013, 22:57
I just uploaded them. Two aircrafts, one from 132th Squadron and other from the Stormo Baltimore. I know my textures are not good enough, but they are my poor tribute to Giulli efforts.

Cheers

Pepe

kdriver
July 19th, 2013, 02:09
They look pretty good to me - thanks a lot Pepe. :applause:

Kevin

peperez
July 19th, 2013, 03:17
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/907113742166092676.JPG
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Italian

Description: The Martin-produced Baltimore was a light-to-medium (http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=264) class bomber whose design was based highly on the Martin "Maryland" A-22 aircraft. The twin-engine, four-crew system was fielded en masse by forces of the United Kingdom through the Lend-Lease act (among others in limited production numbers) and would see action from 1942 through the middle of 1945 in Africa, the Middle East and Europe. By the end of the war, some 1,500 examples would be in circulation with Britain fielding the system in no fewer than five distinct marks. Italy Co-Belligerent Air Force used Martin Baltimores at bombing missions over the Balcans.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit F_Giulli_Italian_Baltimores.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=16930&catid=150)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Rami
July 19th, 2013, 03:20
Peperez,

They look outstanding, and your textures are better than you give yourself credit for. Great work in the conversion! :ernae:

gaucho_59
July 19th, 2013, 04:16
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/907113742166092676.JPG
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Italian

Description: The Martin-produced Baltimore was a light-to-medium (http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=264) class bomber whose design was based highly on the Martin "Maryland" A-22 aircraft. The twin-engine, four-crew system was fielded en masse by forces of the United Kingdom through the Lend-Lease act (among others in limited production numbers) and would see action from 1942 through the middle of 1945 in Africa, the Middle East and Europe. By the end of the war, some 1,500 examples would be in circulation with Britain fielding the system in no fewer than five distinct marks. Italy Co-Belligerent Air Force used Martin Baltimores at bombing missions over the Balcans.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit F_Giulli_Italian_Baltimores.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=16930&catid=150)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Hey Pepe...
I thought I sent you my redo of the Stellina textures... if you don't have them, let me know... and I'll
send them... I think you will like them..
I lost track of you for a while... so I don't know whether you got them...

Here are some pics of them (done most of the Italian Baltos)

peperez
July 19th, 2013, 05:27
Hey Pepe...
I thought I sent you my redo of the Stellina textures... if you don't have them, let me know... and I'll

You never sent me your textures. I waited a long time for them to upload the plane! Upload them fast, man!

:icon_lol:

Cheers

Pepe

gaucho_59
July 19th, 2013, 05:30
Hey Pepe...

These pics are from a test bed aircraft I have on the sim... the finished textures have the correct bomb tallies and
better rivet work...

gaucho_59
July 19th, 2013, 05:32
These pics are from a test bed aircraft I have on the sim... the finished textures have the correct bomb tallies and
better rivet work...

I'll try to email them this morning.... (just the main textures... you can substitute them in the overall aircraft...)

gaucho_59
July 20th, 2013, 08:12
I'll try to email them this morning.... (just the main textures... you can substitute them in the overall aircraft...)

I downloaded and put Morton's version in the sim... and the panel view.... has a black background instead of the global view...
otherwise the model works fine in FS9... (is it meant to work only in CFS2?)
Is there any way to have the panel show right in FS9?

wbuchart
July 20th, 2013, 08:28
I downloaded and put Morton's version in the sim... and the panel view.... has a black background instead of the global view...
otherwise the model works fine in FS9... (is it meant to work only in CFS2?)
Is there any way to have the panel show right in FS9?

I just moved the model.gb and the other texture folders over to the original FS9 verson folder in my FS9 sim and modified the aircraft.cfg file. The reason I used the model.gb is because it did not have the lights modeled in. When I get an aircraft with modeled lights, they sometimes look a bit garrish on my old rig.....

And I wish I knew how to remove modeled lights.....

gaucho_59
July 20th, 2013, 09:47
I just moved the model.gb and the other texture folders over to the original FS9 verson folder in my FS9 sim and modified the aircraft.cfg file. The reason I used the model.gb is because it did not have the lights modeled in. When I get an aircraft with modeled lights, they sometimes look a bit garrish on my old rig.....

And I wish I knew how to remove modeled lights.....

:mixedsmi: So you did modify the aircraft.cfg file... WHAT pray tell did you do to it...
If I knew how to do it... I would not ask for help...:wiggle::wiggle
Furthermore, I had a working model in FS9... with my own textures for Stellina... that I have sent to Pepe... added
the Morton textures to the aircraft.config... and everything went south... the model does not even show...
well, first I added one texture and it showed the original... and the new one in the UNSPECIFIED section...
but when I added two more liveries... everything went south... I know, I should have kept the original config... as a backup
but I didn't...

wbuchart
July 20th, 2013, 14:49
:mixedsmi: So you did modify the aircraft.cfg file... WHAT pray tell did you do to it...
If I knew how to do it... I would not ask for help...:wiggle::wiggle
Furthermore, I had a working model in FS9... with my own textures for Stellina... that I have sent to Pepe... added
the Morton textures to the aircraft.config... and everything went south... the model does not even show...
well, first I added one texture and it showed the original... and the new one in the UNSPECIFIED section...
but when I added two more liveries... everything went south... I know, I should have kept the original config... as a backup
but I didn't...

Hi Gaucho, To add the Pepe aircraft to the FS9 version I also made the below specific changes to the aircraft.cfg file. I added the following [fltsim.x] below the originsal [fltsim.0] section.
I also had to rename the texture folder from each of the CFS2 version so I could have a unique texture folder name for each aircraft. If you cross reference the title name in each fltsim section to what I renamed the specific folders too. as an example the 13th Hellenic Sqn FW788 aircraft I renamed the texture folder to texture.FW788 and so forth

[fltsim.1]
title=Martin Baltimore Mk.5 13th Hellenic Sqn FW788
sim=Mk5
model=GB
panel=
sound=
texture=FW788
kb_checklists=p38f_lightning_checkui_manufacturer= Martin
ui_manufacturer=Martin
ui_type=Baltimore MK 5
ui_variation=13th Hellenic Sqn FW788
description=The Martin Baltimore Mk5 was a two-engined light attack bomber built by the Glenn L. Martin Company in the United States, originally ordered by the French in May 1940 as a follow-up to the earlier Martin Maryland, then in service in France. With the fall of France, the production series was diverted to Great Britain. Baltimore development was hindered by a series of problems, although the type eventually became a highly versatile combat aircraft.
[fltsim.2]
title=Martin Baltimore Mk.5 13th Hellenic Sqn Gambut 1943
sim=MK5
model=GB
panel=
sound=
texture=Gambut
kb_checklists=p38f_lightning_check
ui_manufacturer=Martin
ui_type=Baltimore MK 5
ui_variation=13th Hellenic Sqn Gambut 1943
description=The Martin Baltimore Mk5 was a two-engined light attack bomber built by the Glenn L. Martin Company in the United States, originally ordered by the French in May 1940 as a follow-up to the earlier Martin Maryland, then in service in France. With the fall of France, the production series was diverted to Great Britain. Baltimore development was hindered by a series of problems, although the type eventually became a highly versatile combat aircraft.
[fltsim.3]
title=Martin Baltimore Mk.5 FA504 Sqn 52 RAF Italy
sim=MK5
model=GB
panel=
sound=
texture=RAF
ui_manufacturer=Martin
ui_type=Baltimore MK 5
ui_variation=FA504 Sqn 52 RAF Italy
[fltsim.4]
title=Martin Baltimore Mk.5 13th Hellenic Sqn Italy 1944
sim=MK5
model=GB
panel=
sound=
texture=Italy
ui_manufacturer=Martin
ui_type=Baltimore MK 5
ui_variation=13th Hellenic Sqn Italy 1944
[fltsim.5]
title=Martin Baltimore Mk.5 ICAF
sim=Mk5
model=Stelina
panel=
sound=
texture=Stelina
ui_manufacturer=Martin
ui_type=Baltimore MK 5
ui_variation=ICAF
[fltsim.6]
title=Martin Baltimore Mk.5 ICAF green
sim=Mk5
model=green
panel=
sound=
texture=green
ui_manufacturer=Martin
ui_type=Baltimore MK 5
ui_variation=ICAF green

gaucho_59
July 20th, 2013, 15:24
Hi Gaucho, To add the Pepe aircraft to the FS9 version I also made the below specific changes to the aircraft.cfg file. I added the following [fltsim.x] below the originsal [fltsim.0] section.
I also had to rename the texture folder from each of the CFS2 version so I could have a unique texture folder name for each aircraft. If you cross reference the title name in each fltsim section to what I renamed the specific folders too. as an example the 13th Hellenic Sqn FW788 aircraft I renamed the texture folder to texture.FW788 and so forth

[fltsim.1]
title=Martin Baltimore Mk.5 13th Hellenic Sqn FW788
sim=Mk5
model=GB
panel=
sound=
texture=FW788
kb_checklists=p38f_lightning_checkui_manufacturer= Martin
ui_manufacturer=Martin
ui_type=Baltimore MK 5
ui_variation=13th Hellenic Sqn FW788
[fltsim.2]
title=Martin Baltimore Mk.5 13th Hellenic Sqn Gambut 1943
sim=MK5
model=GB
panel=
sound=
texture=Gambut
ui_manufacturer=Martin
ui_type=Baltimore MK 5
ui_variation=13th Hellenic Sqn Gambut 1943
[fltsim.3]
title=Martin Baltimore Mk.5 FA504 Sqn 52 RAF Italy
sim=MK5
model=GB
panel=
sound=
texture=RAF
ui_manufacturer=Martin
ui_type=Baltimore MK 5
ui_variation=FA504 Sqn 52 RAF Italy
[fltsim.4]
title=Martin Baltimore Mk.5 13th Hellenic Sqn Italy 1944
sim=MK5
model=GB
panel=
sound=
texture=Italy
ui_manufacturer=Martin
ui_type=Baltimore MK 5
ui_variation=13th Hellenic Sqn Italy 1944
[fltsim.5]
title=Martin Baltimore Mk.5 ICAF
sim=Mk5
model=Stelina
panel=
sound=
texture=Stelina
ui_manufacturer=Martin
ui_type=Baltimore MK 5
ui_variation=ICAF
[fltsim.6]
title=Martin Baltimore Mk.5 ICAF green
sim=Mk5
model=green
panel=
sound=
texture=green
ui_manufacturer=Martin
ui_type=Baltimore MK 5
ui_variation=ICAF green

I just copied and put it on a dummy file... and will proceed to make a fresh aircraft.cfg fiel... (keeping things safely apart...:running::mixedsmi:)
Thanks a lot.. btw.... are you using the panel file that pepe put together with the bmp I made? I shows fine... but with a black background...
it should be transparent as pure black... but somehow it does not... I am going to experiment with it... or actually use my bmp and create a new
panel config... Again.. thanks