PDA

View Full Version : M.A.A.M Sim no more.

trucker17
July 15th, 2013, 10:23
I just received and email for Rambow, from M.A.A.M sim tech help.....Since Jan retired from development, and after a dozen years as a team, the rest of us have followed suit, so there will be no more MAAM-SIM products, including the Yellow Peril.

Taken from the Email sent to me by Rambow....

FSX68
July 15th, 2013, 11:21
I just received and email for Rambow, from M.A.A.M sim tech help.....Since Jan retired from development, and after a dozen years as a team, the rest of us have followed suit, so there will be no more MAAM-SIM products, including the Yellow Peril.

Taken from the Email sent to me by Rambow....

Will they still be selling their products? If not what becomes of the addons they were selling?

Naismith
July 15th, 2013, 11:45
That is a shame.

trucker17
July 15th, 2013, 12:09
I know the DC3/C47 is available as a free download....Or was...

Some of the addons for the planes are still available....Most everything for the DC3 is gone.....

roger-wilco-66
July 15th, 2013, 12:58
Sigh...

Mark

TheGrunt
July 15th, 2013, 13:04
I know the DC3/C47 is available as a free download....Or was...

Some of the addons for the planes are still available....Most everything for the DC3 is gone.....

When has MAAM DC3/C47 been freeware? The model is still on sale on their shop like it used to be. So are the others.

PRB
July 15th, 2013, 13:17
Well Done and a huge Navy BRAVO ZULU to MAAM Sim. You will be missed, but your planes are still in my hangar!

:medals: :icon29: :salute:

SSI01
July 15th, 2013, 13:36
Just picked up their TBM, too. They had some of the best instrument panels going. Very sorry to hear about this.:icon_eek:

stiz
July 15th, 2013, 13:54
hardly a surprise though really :frown:

trucker17
July 15th, 2013, 15:15
When has MAAM DC3/C47 been freeware? The model is still on sale on their shop like it used to be. So are the others.

I found it on accident...Not sure where....But I was looking for a good sim DC3, on a web search and came across it.....

Firekitten
July 15th, 2013, 15:56
That might have been one of those 'Buccaneer' websites...

trucker17
July 15th, 2013, 16:07
That might have been one of those 'Buccaneer' websites...

Yeah...Probably I bought mine about 3 years ago.....Had hoped to find some good military paints, but found none......

olderndirt
July 15th, 2013, 16:08
That might have been one of those 'Buccaneer' websites..."Buccaneer" - hell of a price for corn.

trucker17
July 15th, 2013, 16:12
"Buccaneer" - hell of a price for corn.

:icon_lol::salute:

rdaniell
July 15th, 2013, 16:29
"Buccaneer" - hell of a price for corn.

That's what an ear of roasted, buttered, and salted corn cost down at "Sun and Fun" a few years ago. Mighty fine ear of corn it was.:kilroy:

RD

OleBoy
July 15th, 2013, 16:54
What a shame to hear. But, we do what needs to be.

It's a shame that Yellow Peril will never see the light of day. I was so looking forward to that.
Sorry to hear the news.

Yellow Peril may be a future project. It's right up my alley.

trucker17
July 15th, 2013, 17:02

It's a shame that Yellow Peril will never see the light of day. I was so looking forward to that.
Sorry to hear the news.

May be M.A.A.M will let it go, if you want to try and finish it up......
All you could do is check with Rambow and see what they say.....

OleBoy
July 15th, 2013, 17:16
I would feel uncomfortable even inquiring. Javis (I think) was doing a fantastic rendition. He had the life of the model right in his hands whenever need be. The N3N had so much potential. It's just a shame that all the efforts gone into re-creating it will never see the light of day. The work done to it was exquisite and very well plotted.

I'll keep fingers crossed that someone is given the opportunity to finish it.

Some feel otherwise, but my endeavors in Gmax will never match up to what can be done with 3Dsmax. Which I can't justify (or afford) in today's times to gain that edge.

trucker17
July 15th, 2013, 19:05
I would feel uncomfortable even inquiring. Javis (I think) was doing a fantastic rendition. He had the life of the model right in his hands whenever need be. The N3N had so much potential. It's just a shame that all the efforts gone into re-creating it will never see the light of day. The work done to it was exquisite and very well plotted.

I'll keep fingers crossed that someone is given the opportunity to finish it.

Some feel otherwise, but my endeavors in Gmax will never match up to what can be done with 3Dsmax. Which I can't justify (or afford) in today's times to gain that edge.

Understandable....And it is a shame not to see the plane finished with the work and time invested.....

Bjoern
July 16th, 2013, 03:31

Just about anything that can be done in 3ds Max can also be done in GMax (save for texture backing). It's just a bit more tedious to do.

heywooood
July 16th, 2013, 08:06

Sorry to hear the news.

the N3N was looking so good...it really would be a shame for it not to be completed - it was of payware (or donationware) quality and I for one would pay for a working FSX copy

these were dated sept 16 2011? thats a long time gone now...

roger-wilco-66
July 16th, 2013, 11:09
the N3N was looking so good...it really would be a shame for it not to be completed - it was of payware (or donationware) quality and I for one would pay for a working FSX copy

these were dated sept 16 2011? thats a long time gone now...

Ditto here. It would be a shame if all that work would go down the drain.

I remember how I was excited when I ordered the old MAAM 4D a zillion years ago. If I remember correctly I think this was when I got my first credit card in order to be able to pay for it. That aircraft kept me flying the sim for years, nothing came close to it. I still fly the updated version from time to time and really enjoy it. It's like an old buddy.

Cheers,
Mark

trucker17
July 16th, 2013, 12:54
Ditto here. It would be a shame if all that work would go down the drain.

I remember how I was excited when I ordered the old MAAM 4D a zillion years ago. If I remember correctly I think this was when I got my first credit card in order to be able to pay for it. That aircraft kept me flying the sim for years, nothing came close to it. I still fly the updated version from time to time and really enjoy it. It's like an old buddy.

Cheers,
Mark

Same here, The B25 then the Gooney bird.....