PDA

View Full Version : Sherman Municipal

falcon409
July 14th, 2013, 21:00
Haven't posted anything in a while. After the excitement wore off, the aggravation, slamming of fists against the wall and conjuring unknown spirits began, lol. Anyway, this is the latest KSWI view. Probably very few are familiar with the airport, but it does have a big edge over the default, lol.

skyhawka4m
July 14th, 2013, 21:10
very nice sir

greenie
July 14th, 2013, 21:19
That looks great !! ... certainly be keeping a look out for this one . Cheers.

Naismith
July 14th, 2013, 23:26
Looking nice,

Dimus
July 14th, 2013, 23:33
The quality of your modelling work is increasing exponentially Ed. That looks great!

Roger
July 15th, 2013, 04:05
It's looking really good Ed!:applause:

huub vink
July 15th, 2013, 04:29
Really beautiful, especially with the low sun on it.

TeaSea
July 15th, 2013, 04:51
Looking forward to this.

I'm temporarily in hiatus on all downloading pending move to a new system.....but this is added to my list for when you get it done.

I'm sure glad you guys have enough patience to do these things....

dharris
July 15th, 2013, 06:21
You are correct sir, I am not familiar with this airport, but after seeing this, I am going to be, nicely done.

rdaniell
July 15th, 2013, 06:41
Haven't posted anything in a while. After the excitement wore off, the aggravation, slamming of fists against the wall and conjuring unknown spirits began, lol. Anyway, this is the latest KSWI view. Probably very few are familiar with the airport, but it does have a big edge over the default, lol.

I know all about that :isadizzy:Ed. But, man oh man, the results :applause:are certainly worth it. Those are really great looking scenery objects.:salute: Your statement about the airport having a big edge over the default is probably the understatement of the year...:icon_lol:

RD

Bomber_12th
July 15th, 2013, 07:14
I love this, Ed! It really looks like a place I'd like to fly into for a visit or base some flying from. Very detailed and realistic work!

MCDesigns
July 15th, 2013, 07:18
Nice work Ed! I might have to drive over there one day after work to see the real deal.

making quality objects can be time consuming, huh? LOL

falcon409
July 15th, 2013, 09:39
Nice work Ed! I might have to drive over there one day after work to see the real deal.
making quality objects can be time consuming, huh? LOL
Michael don't you live down near DFW? Would be a long drive in nasty traffic, lol. . .as far as time consuming...YES...of course much of it right now is trial and error or getting something into the sim and seeing something that needs to be nudged this way or that way. Definitely a learning experience with every new object.

MCDesigns
July 15th, 2013, 10:48
Michael don't you live down near DFW? Would be a long drive in nasty traffic, lol. . .as far as time consuming...YES...of course much of it right now is trial and error or getting something into the sim and seeing something that needs to be nudged this way or that way. Definitely a learning experience with every new object.

Yep, north Dallas, Lewisville to be exact, but I have to travel every so often for work, was in Dennison and Mckinney 2 weeks ago.
I like the new images, the grass looks great.

Victory103
July 15th, 2013, 14:25
These are great looking sceneries, does make me want to fly up and check them out real world to appreciate the attention to detail, taking any requests?

jbDC9
July 20th, 2013, 20:58
Anyway, this is the latest KSWI view. Probably very few are familiar with the airport, but it does have a big edge over the default, lol.

I know Sherman Muni, and holy crap, this is beautiful! I'm based outta Houston, but in an RV-8, Sherman isn't all that far; when flying in the Dallas area I try to stop for gas at SWI since they have the cheapest fuel prices in North Texas. I'd say you nailed it; the terminal building and hangars look spot on, and the self serve fuel pump... it looks just as I left it from my last fill-up. Nice.

Where will this be posted for download?

falcon409
July 20th, 2013, 21:28
I know Sherman Muni, and holy crap, this is beautiful! I'm based outta Houston, but in an RV-8, Sherman isn't all that far; when flying in the Dallas area I try to stop for gas at SWI since they have the cheapest fuel prices in North Texas. I'd say you nailed it; the terminal building and hangars look spot on, and the self serve fuel pump... it looks just as I left it from my last fill-up. Nice.

Where will this be posted for download?
I don't know how many RV-8's come into Sherman, but I have seen at least one on occasion there. Your validation is very much appreciated. I don't lack much, working a few of the parking spots yet, but within a few days I'll post it here in the downloads area and probably flightsim.com. Thanks again for the kind words.

Bomber_12th
July 21st, 2013, 07:44
I'm really looking forward to it, Ed! It sounds like things are going quite smoothly for you, which is excellent. I like the latest screenshots you posted - superb work!

Dimus
July 21st, 2013, 08:18
Looks like you managed quite well with 3d grass Ed! I just noticed. It looks great!

spotlope
July 21st, 2013, 08:35
Looking great, Ed!

clmooring
July 22nd, 2013, 15:07
Looks great

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

clmooring
July 22nd, 2013, 16:08
I would love to be able to create scenery like this. Where do I learn... try to learn. Is there a scenery for idiots tutorial?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta