PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Newman & Modifieds On The Tele Now..

Panther_99FS
July 13th, 2013, 09:50
New Hampshire...:mixedsmi:

Terry
July 13th, 2013, 10:02
Where does he end up next year? Roush, or maybe another series.

Panther_99FS
July 13th, 2013, 10:11
When he first burst upon the scene, I was one of those who thought that with his engineering degree & pole positions, that he was going to be champion.....:blind:
Not exactly sure why he's in the position that he's in now in his career but I've got no issues with him. :mixedsmi:

Panther_99FS
July 13th, 2013, 10:13
Edit: If Ganassi let's both Montoya & Jamie Mac go, I could see Newman there with Kyle Larson.
But considering Sabates/Ganassi/Earnhardt team has pretty much sucked since the Sabates days, Newman might opt for something different if he can....

Daveroo
July 13th, 2013, 12:26
i dont understand why the ganassi team is so "bad" in cup....scott pruett and memo rohas (however ya spell his name) do darn good in DP,and the indy car isnt to bad?...maybe get rid of Sabatese?..and get good,or better drivers in cup?

Panther_99FS
July 13th, 2013, 12:51
Daveroo,
Remember they were bad before Ganassi even moved over.. He got some fame with Kyle Petty & had some success with Ted Musgrave and Sterling Marlin but overall, it hasn't lived up to their hype...

Terry
July 13th, 2013, 12:59
This might work.

Jack Roush, who has a three-car operation that could easily expand back to four, said he was interested in talking with Newman about the situation. Roush said he would be interested in hiring Newman if there were sufficient sponsorship. Newman has some sponsorship himself. A plus for Roush is that Newman is an engineer like Roush. And depending on what Matt Borland, Newman's current crew chief, decides to do, that could also be a plus for Roush. Borland was also Newman's crew chief during his years with Roger Penske.(MikeMulhern.net (http://www.mikemulhern.net/BreakingNow/tony-stewart-replacing-ryan-newman-with-kevin-harvick-for-2014/page-1/)) (7-13-2013)

Daveroo
July 13th, 2013, 15:48
Daveroo,
Remember they were bad before Ganassi even moved over.. He got some fame with Kyle Petty & had some success with Ted Musgrave and Sterling Marlin but overall, it hasn't lived up to their hype...
do you mean Sabates did?...i remember petty talking one time about how much he loved sabates and making a big deal about it...this was a couple days after he had made some nasty comments about his time there.typical petty "mouth"...he speaks ,then thinks sometimes..like the recient remarks about danica ...

Panther_99FS
July 13th, 2013, 16:23
Yes, I meant Sabates had some fame....but overall, they've been underperformers given the amount of $$ that's gone into that team from Sabates inception up to current Ganassi/Earnhardt....